SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2003, 05:48 AM
svxeno

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

"OMG - so much hating on the poor S2000! this Network is falling apart! people saying they dislike a car is deeply offensive to me!"

I said I liked it and you called me a chick! I'm so offended that if we ever meet I'm gonna give you such a pinch!
Randy ii

ps: I'll scratch your eyes out too.

pss: A chick car? How do you figure that?
Old 07-12-2003, 06:11 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by svxeno

I said I liked it and you called me a chick! I'm so offended that if we ever meet I'm gonna give you such a pinch!
Randy ii

ps: I'll scratch your eyes out too.

pss: A chick car? How do you figure that?
ok, its slightly more manly than a Miata, but the VW Cabriolet still has more testosterone.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 07-12-2003, 06:55 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

ok, its slightly more manly than a Miata, but the VW Cabriolet still has more testosterone.
Hehehe More testosterone, but nothing else positive. The S2000 is very much a chick car... although, 4 out of 5 I've seen lately has been driven by a woman of at LEAST 40... hard to consider them "chicks." These little 2000's have been buzzing around here alot lately (considering you usually don't see 'em much here), mostly driven by "old" women, with the occasional middle-aged man who has adorned the thing ICBM silos... I mean, big mufflers.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 07-12-2003, 07:26 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8

with the occasional middle-aged man who has adorned the thing ICBM silos... I mean, big mufflers.

I though you were gona say man boobs.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 07-13-2003, 12:57 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak

man boobs need a bro!

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 07-13-2003, 08:06 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Re: space

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBlueSVX
the problem is, for any big man its really cramped in an S2000. That and Hondas are just a thing to get one place to another, nothing else. Also, they're the ultimate ricer car. hate ricers, hate boring cars, hate hondas. but thats just my opinion, so I'll keep quiet about it and stick with my SVX.
I'm just glad you kept your opinion to yourself and kept quiet about it.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 07-13-2003, 08:13 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
A friend I lift with (micromeets 3 times a week ) has an SVX. He bought it from a friend of his who sold it to him so he could get an S2000. Someone must think it is a nicer car than the SVX. My friend had a ride in it on the highway where the guy put it through it's paces. He said it really moves out and handles like nothing he's ever felt.

As someone who used to own a rice rocket motorcycle (Ninja 600), I can appreciate the virtues of a high RPM, low torque engine when driven properly. It might not be able to light the tires from a standstill but that makes the acceleration rush from it coming "on cam" that much more freakin' amazing when you consider the acceleration numbers the thing can produce!

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 07-13-2003, 08:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
I've got to chime in here. I'm not sure where you all are getting this "it cant light the tires up from the standstill nonsense", I've personally ragged on a S2000 for about 2 weeks. In a period of 3 weeks we went threw a set of back tires on the car, so you tell me if it can spin the tires or not. THe only other car i've been in the can whip around doing donuts as fast as the s2000 is a porsche. I would say the best way to compare the s2000 is to the likes of a twin-engine jet boat. Handles like a champ and is quick to boot.The car is very very fun if you know how to drive. Its also very easy to push past its limits, however if you know how to get it back its no problem at all...Also, once you wind out first, everytime you shift you come back down to the 6000rpm range where the vtech kicks in, the pull from 6000-8950 is quite impressive i thought. Sorry just had to chime in for a not so "riced" vehicle. I can't stand hondas but the s2000 is different. Until you've driven one i wouldn't go around knocking it, one day you might drive it and actually like it. SOrry for the rant just wanted to let you all know the S2000 isn't your normal Honda..
Old 07-13-2003, 02:10 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak

Hehehe!

I haven't seen many sets of man boobs in S2000's. Ugly ones... now that's a different story.

Old 07-13-2003, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by want-a-fast-svx
I've got to chime in here. I'm not sure where you all are getting this "it cant light the tires up from the standstill nonsense", I've personally ragged on a S2000 for about 2 weeks. In a period of 3 weeks we went threw a set of back tires on the car, so you tell me if it can spin the tires or not. THe only other car i've been in the can whip around doing donuts as fast as the s2000 is a porsche. I would say the best way to compare the s2000 is to the likes of a twin-engine jet boat. Handles like a champ and is quick to boot.The car is very very fun if you know how to drive. Its also very easy to push past its limits, however if you know how to get it back its no problem at all...Also, once you wind out first, everytime you shift you come back down to the 6000rpm range where the vtech kicks in, the pull from 6000-8950 is quite impressive i thought. Sorry just had to chime in for a not so "riced" vehicle. I can't stand hondas but the s2000 is different. Until you've driven one i wouldn't go around knocking it, one day you might drive it and actually like it. SOrry for the rant just wanted to let you all know the S2000 isn't your normal Honda..
By no means is it a "normal" Honda. I wouldn't mind taking a spin in one... figuratively AND literally. Heck, there are a bunch of cars that I'm not particularilly fond of that I would love to just see what they are like driving. I have never gotten a shot to even ride in a REALLY sweet car... let alone drive one... some of you guys are so lucky! Best I've driven would be a buddy's '70 GTO... ridden would be another friend's '69 Camaro (THAT sucker was FAST!). No newer sports cars... VR-4, 300ZX, RX-7, Supra, Camaro, Vette, TA... they wouldn't even let me test drive a TA. I'm working on getting a ride in a nice '97 or '98 911 turbo, though! That'd be AWESOME!