Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-19-2001, 11:30 PM
blonde_man

Exclamation

Quote:
Eric, glad to see you've regained your enthusiasm! And to think, just a short time ago, you were asking "can you hear a Metro Bus starting?"
Hey Randy,
I'm still all for Public Mass Transit. FOR THEM, NOT ME! And the local governements should not use police to generate revenue through traffic fines. They should raise revenue by getting companies to relocate to their municipality, so they can raise more in tax revenues! Or they should trim budgets, and get rid of wasteful programs! People that crash cars should be fined, not those that drive quickly but SAFELY through their territory without even hurting a blade of grass! Also driving priviledges should be made much more difficult to get granted. I want the motorways thinned out, and only have REAL experienced/skilled drivers left on them! Then those more experienced drivers could have higher speedlimits! Get off my roads so I can have some fun! Ban ECONO-CARS(buses/trains are MUCH more economic), and promote sports cars for the remainder!!

I'm proposing bringing the automobile back to it's roots. To the private garage building their own unique cars. To the ENTHUSIAST driver, enjoying empty and challenging roads.

Industrialization bastardized the automobile, KILLED it's soul! It's time we took back our roads, and put everyone else (who doesn't appreciate the motor car) on the train! They wouldn't care what brought them to work, as long as they got there! Hey, if a train/bus would save them money, EVEN BETTER! If people want to go for a weekend cruise in a car fine, but there is NO reason why they should sit, in their car, stuck in traffic for over 2 hours a day to go to work! Plus all that traffic ruins our environment with pollution. One tuned sports car probably puts out the same polution as 10 unecessary "commuter" cars! Get rid of those polluting commuter cars and we will all have more room to breathe!

The government is letting us all down!
Give us our trains, give us our busses, give us clean air to breath, and most importantly GIVE US BACK OUR ROADS!!!

Who's with me????
Old 03-20-2001, 07:44 AM
Headed to Texas...

Talking And you are from planet . . . ?

Nice dream Eric, but please come back to reality!
Roads are built with tax dollars for the public's transportation needs - not your or my enjoyment!

<<It's time we took back our roads, and put everyone else (who doesn't appreciate the motor car) on the train!>>

Great! Who's going to decide who gets to drive and who doesn't? Hey, I think YOU should ride the bus so I won't have to deal with YOU on my highway!

jnj7707@yahoo.com