SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 01:01 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
Gillik, unlike Wade, went out and got what was needed to win. He traded for Ricky Henderson and David Cone at the deadline and won a second title. The Phillies did nothing that year, although they did have some holes. They over achieved in beating Atlanta, but Toronto had a better team then Philly in 93. Position for position I would take Toronto. As a Blue Jay fan before I really got into the Orioles, and felt bad suporting a Candian team, I still remember all the players by heart. Molitor was a class act. Seeing him cry at home plate when he realized he finally had a ring touched everyone. Philly could do worse then getting Pat.
There is a bigger problem in philadelphia than ed wade. Ownership is a big problem. The fans are starting to realize that it is david montgomery and his ways of handling things that is the main problem. Ed Wade had no money to spend on anything when he started out. If you look at our payroll inscrease over the years we started to win more games. Ed deserves credit for drafting guys like scott rolen, jimmy rollins, pat burrell, brett myers, chase utley, and ryan howard. Also deserves credit for getting rid of that clubhouse cancer curt schilling. The problem with wade was that he never got anything good in return for trades. He sucked at making deals and he was very very very arrogant. Pat Gillick is 68 years old. He is too old to do this job on philadelphia. We don't want a guy who is going to do this for 3 years and then retire. We want someone like Hunsicker who can do alot with nothing. That whole astros team is one he constructed. Gillick or hunsicker would be a huge upgrade but it looks like the phillies want a yes man instead of someone who can speak for himself.

As far as the 93 phillies go, that team was not construtcted to win a world series. They were a modern day gas house gang. Daulton, Lenny Dykstra, Pete Incaviglia, John Kruk, Dave Hollins formed what they called " macho row" The team was a very tight knit group and allowed few of the media in on their inner circle. John Kruk used to say " the media hated us because we wouldnt give them anything...all we wanted to do was go back to the trainers room and drink beer.: That team finished dead last the season before with 67 wins or so. Everyone on that team had huge heart...every single one of those guys. They all had the biggest years of their careers in the same season. They got out on a really hot start going 40-17. The bullpen was heavily worked and mitch williams lost everything he had on his fastball. If they were managed a bit differently and had another guy who could throw in the pen then we would have a world series banner for 1993. Besides the 1980 world series championship team....the 1993 phillies are by far the most loved team in franchise history. The fans related to their work ethic. People think all philly fans do is boo...philly fans have every single right to boo the phillies. that 1993 team gets a standing ovation whenever they are even mentioned...even mitch. ...no hard feelings mitch...its not your fault you were used in a game every single day of the season

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 11-01-2005, 09:21 PM

Well it is official. Pat Gillick is the next General Manager of the Phillies. Press conference tomorrow. Comcast announced it during the sixers game. Good Luck Pat.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Certified Porschephile

Power, I hate to say it, but I would ACTUALLY like to see the Phillies win a little more often. The Eagles, that's another story. I'm holding out for a true underdog story. The Pirates or Royals come to mind.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
Power, I hate to say it, but I would ACTUALLY like to see the Phillies win a little more often. The Eagles, that's another story. I'm holding out for a true underdog story. The Pirates or Royals come to mind.
Ya know something...It would actually mean alot more to me if the phillies won the world series or the sixers win the NBA title. The season and the playoffs are such a grind. And yeah i love the underdog story too. Too bad alot of other people just want to see red sox and yankees

Old 11-02-2005, 07:52 AM
pnyklr

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWER on demand
Ya know something...It would actually mean alot more to me if the phillies won the world series or the sixers win the NBA title. The season and the playoffs are such a grind. And yeah i love the underdog story too. Too bad alot of other people just want to see red sox and yankees

Well I know for me being a New Yorker I grew up with the Yankees and we always went to the games when I was little = Diehard Yankee fan aka Mets/red sox hater.

I'm sure the same goes for the guys up in bastan or whatever your home city is

Sometimes its good to be different and root for the underdog

I recall a Mike Tyson fight some guy wanted me to bet on Buster Douglas $100 and I was like hell no he's the underdog

Little did I know .....
Old 11-02-2005, 09:35 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Ok, Ok, since everyone wants the underdogs to win, I will silently pull for the Cubs to win the World Series in 2006. They are the only MLB team that is still haunted by a curse (Goat ?). However, I'm back to Yankees for 2007.
BTW:
Now that Theo Epstein has left the Red Sox as GM, I say Bye Bye BASTAN.

As far as the NFL is concerned.... GO GIANTS!!!!
As far as the NHL is concerned.... GO RANGERS !!!!!
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 11-08-2005, 09:10 AM

Registered SVX
More bad news for Phillies fans

Just got this one from the internet.....Sorry Tom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Urbina Charged With Attempted Murder

CARACAS, Venezuela - Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Ugueth Urbina was arrested on a charge of attempted murder after he and a group of men allegedly attacked several employees at his family home using machetes and trying to set them on fire, police said Tuesday.

Urbina, who was detained late Monday, has insisted he had nothing to do with the violence that broke out at his home last month. Five workers were injured in the incident, and one of them suffered burns on the back and right arm, police said.

One of the five, Argenis Farias, has accused Urbina of being among several men who threatened the workers with machetes and poured gasoline on them in an attempt to set them afire.

Urbina's lawyer has said the pitcher was sleeping at the time and was not involved. The authorities said Urbina would be formally charged soon once he appears before a judge.

Old 11-08-2005, 09:14 AM

Larry I've known about that since the day it happened. He won't be back with the phillies anyway. I dont think he was in Gillick's plans. Gillick is a smart man I must say....he is telling everyone Thome isn't on the market so he can drive up his value. The phillies medical staff said Thome is in superior shape ...the best in maybe 3-4 years. I also think wagner will return to philly. I have to get used to have a smart GM after 8 years of eddie boy

Old 11-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
First of all it's more of a cross between Bastan and Bastun. And another thing, do not count the Sox out in 2006. They have some hot arms coming up in Papelbon and Hansen and don't forget the contributions of our home town boy Manny Delcarmen in the stretch last year. Bill Mueller will be gone with Kevin Youkillis taking his spot. Damon will probably be back, but that is something I wouldn't count on 100%. Here are the keys to the Sox in 2006. 1. Damon comes back. 2. The Manny situation is dealt with either via trade or he grows up. 3. Foulke... Need I say more. 4. Schilling has a solid season ( 150+ innings, 12+ wins). 5. The sox also need to resolve the issues that they have with the right side of their infield.

Here is what their roster should look like:
Rotation: Schilling, Clement, Arroyo, Miller, Wakefield
Bullpen: Foulke, Timlin, Hansen, Myers, Bradford
Lineup: CF Damon, SS Renteria, DH Ortiz, LF Ramirez, C Varitek, 2B Graffanino, RF Nixon, 3B Youkillis, 1B Up for debate.
Bench: Mirabelli, Cora, Olerud, ?, ?, ?.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 11-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Dear Santa Claus,

I have been a very good boy this year. Enclosed are a few things that I would like to have.
1. A.J. Burnett
2. Damon coming back
3. A little bit of maturity for Manny
4. Nomar back to play second?
5. Did I mention A.J. Burnett?
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 12-06-2005, 08:15 AM

I get these rumors and notes sent to my email by my friend so i think some of you will enjoy this especially larry....

Rumors and notes for 12/6/05

The Nationals are trying to land Juan Pierre and Javier Vazquez.

Detroit wants to land Boston's Matt Clement, Arizona's Javier Vazquez or Oakland's Barry Zito.

Javy Lopez will play first base and spend time as the designated hitter if the O’s land Bengie Molina or Ramon Hernandez.

The O’s are trying to work out a deal with AZ to obtain Troy Glaus. Glaus would split time at first and be a DH.

The Red Sox wanted Ervin Santana in a deal with Anaheim for Manny Ramirez. LAA said no. Now it looks like a three team deal may be in the works, involving the Diamondbacks, who would receive a package of prospects from the Angels, while the Sox would receive Arizona’s Troy Glaus, who would play 1B, and maybe Darin Erstad and the Angels would get Ramirez.

The O’s have told the Phils that Erik Bedard is unavailable in a deal for Bobby Abreu.

The Cubs and Phillies have talked about a Mark Prior for Bobby Abreu swap. The Phillies tried for Carlos Zambrano, but the Cubs said no.

The Phillies’ Jason Michaels to Pittsburgh for Mark Redman is being talked about.

Matt Clement and Brandon Backe are hot names right now. The Phillies and Astros will definitely talk about Backe.

The Phillies are shopping Vicente Padilla, contrary to what the club is telling him. They will probably offer him arbitration, and then trade him, rather than just not offer him a contract.

Baltimore has interest in Rangers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, and they have shown a willingness to talk about pitcher Erik Bedard.

Darren Oliver is available for hire.

The Red Sox are talking to the Pirates about a trade involving Trot Nixon for either Kip Wells or Mark Redman.

Mark Kotsay will be traded if the A’s trade Barry Zito for Milton Bradley.

Al Leiter may be returning to the Yankees pen.

The Pirates have extended a two-year offer to free-agent third baseman Bill Mueller. Expect the Dodgers to match.

David Wells could be a Dodger as early as today.

Juan Pierre, Juan Encarnacion and Torii Hunter are on the Red Sox radar, if they cannot re-sign Johnny Damon.

The Bosox want to land Trevor Hoffman.

Boston is talking about Octavio Dotel for their pitching needs.

The Mets want to move Kaz Matsui. ASAP. The Angels, Mariners and Yankees are possibilities.

The Pirates are interested in Milton Bradley.

The White Sox and Phillies may talk about David Bell. The Phils would have to help with salary. Bell would provide relief at 3B, and be used in a utility role at 1B and 2B.

Jose Mesa is close to signing with the Colorado Rockies.

Kenny Rogers may end up in SD.

Todd Pratt will ink a deal with KC.

Hank Blalock, Alfonso Soriano, Kevin Mench, Laynce Nix and Adrian Gonzalez are all available from Texas for the right price, particularly pitching.

Dusty Baker will talk to Milton Bradley about playing for him.

Jim Fregosi and Grady Little appear to be the final candidates for the LAD manager’s job, with a slight edge to the former Phillies boss.

The Pirates will look to deal outfielder Craig Wilson.

The Buccos are interested in trading for Cincinnati's Sean Casey or Milwaukee's Lyle Overbay.

The Red Sox talked with the Devil Rays about Aubrey Huff and have expressed an interest in Reds first baseman Sean Casey and Brewers first baseman Lyle Overbay, who has also drawn interest from Toronto, San Francisco, the Angels and Baltimore.

The Cardinals want Bill Mueller.

The Twins want Mike Lowell in a trade with Boston.

The Royals and Giants are the latest teams interested in Kris Benson.

The Texas Rangers are offering Alfonso Soriano to the Mets for Kris Benson or Steve Trachsel.

Mike Myers, Ricardo Rincon and Joey Eischen continue to be on the Yankees radar.

The Yankees will meet with Bernie Williams today. They hope to keep him as a back-up, but he wants to start, meaning he’ll move on.

The Rangers want Barry Zito and A.J. Burnett , but may have to settle for Adam Eaton and Matt Morris.

A deal may be in the works between SD and Texas. Gerald Laird for Akinori Otsuka.

The Bosox want Tampa Bay shortstop Julio Lugo, and are offering a package that includes Kelly Shoppach and Kevin Youkilis.

The Jays are offering 5/$55(m) and the Cards 4/$48(m) for AJ Burnett. The Nats are @ 4/$40(m).

Old 12-07-2005, 10:32 PM
pnyklr

Dear Santa (From a Yankee Fan)

Dear Santa -

Do you think you can do us a favor and let the bums up in bastan continue to keep their record which is puts them in line to win when Halley's Comet
comes around again?

PS Can I have some of Old George's money?

__________________________________________________ ____________

Dear Santa (from a bastan fan)

Dear Santa-

Do you think its possible for hell to freeze over twice ?

__________________________________________________ ___________

"The Pirates are interested in Milton Bradley."

I have played his games for years guess he got into baseball
Old 12-08-2005, 05:15 AM

Registered SVX
Red Sox Conversion Form

Ponykiller,

I thought that you might like the attachment. It is a form for Red Sox fans to fill out when applying to become Yankee fans. It is old (before the SOX won the Series) but it is still quite funny.

PS: It's in MS Word.

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: doc RED SOX Conversion Form.doc (28.0 KB, 95 views)

Old 12-08-2005, 05:20 AM

Registered SVX
Hey ABBBBBBBBBBOTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

To all the other (non Yankee) baseball fans and people who don't care for GW, I've attached something that is also funny.

PS: My appologies to Bud Abbot & Lou Costello.

Enjoy all.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Hu's on First.doc (22.5 KB, 93 views)

Old 12-08-2005, 09:00 AM
Certified Porschephile

Well Baltimore is doing nothing, Damon might end up a Yankee, and Toronto is spending like Boston now. Looks Like the O's are a lock for fourth. Baltimore should have bought during the Marlin's Fire Sale.