Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2009, 04:38 AM

Contemplating dual exhaust.

My car basically has no exhaust on it now, the previous dufus cut it off not far after the manifolds and put about 8' of straight 2.25" pipe on each side with a pair of turbo mufflers mounted right under the rear suspension. One side fell off on the drive from his house to the shop after I bought it, apparently sheetrock screws and coat hangers don't make good exhaust attaching hardware.

I searched for pictures of dual exhaust installations, but only found drawings and a nicely done system sitting outside the car. I'd like to see one installed in the car for inspiration, I have an idea of where everything can go, but seeing it done will certainly help. I'm mostly considering duals because I don't feel like making a Y-pipe. I believe the pipe coming from the manifolds is 2.25" and I will be using the 2.25" Turbos since they are brand new and only slightly banged up, there will be no catalytic converters and I would like to keep the stock tips.

So, if anyone has pictures of installed dual exhaust systems, I will be very grateful.

Last edited by Elliott; 07-12-2009 at 04:53 AM.