Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2002, 05:16 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
OT -- Misc. Ramblings

Hi All,

Now That the 10th Anniv. SVX Meet is over. I have some time to collect my thoughts ( They keep falling out of my head like my marbles. I have to check for loose screws).

Anyway, this club has comraderie, verve, and enthusiasm.

1) I want to generate those feelings among the Outback set. My Outback wagon is a terrific car. It is no SVX. But the SVX cant carry half the junk that the Outback does nor go where the Outback can. I have tried on various Outback club web sites to generate enthusiasm. But it's like trying to catch a wisp of smoke. Outback owners seem to be like mini-van, or Ford Taurus owners. They are proud of their cars but not enthusiastic.
To generate some love for their cars, I think SOA needs to step in. I would like to see SOA hold some kind of east coast Outback gathering. I envision it as sort of a cross between a picnic/cookout and a kind of automotive off road obstacle course similar to , but not as rigorous as the off road instruction schools that Land Rover conducts. Subaru promotes the image of an active lifestyle and sponsors many gruops. They could have some people from those groups giving instruction on bike riding, canoeing, kyacking, skiing, skating, etc. They could also have automotive driving & technical instruction. Plus they could have a picnic for the couch potatoes like me. Sort of a covered dish outing sponsored by SOA. Families with kids would love it.

2) After our tour of SIA, I got to thinking about another forgotten car similar in concept to the SVX. That car is the Isuzu Impulse. It was also styled by Giorgetto Giugiaro (pronounced G-OR-JET-O JEW-G-R-O). I do not know if an Impulse club even exists, but it would be nice to think that they have a club like ours and feel the same way about their cars as we do. I'm going to find their web site, invite them to take a look at what we have done and maybe they can accomplish something similar or even better. Afterall, the 'I' in SIA stands for ISUZU.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!