How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 05:42 PM
#073 of 301

I want an SVX. I have $5000 Canadian. Help?

This is not going to be easy. I would like to get an SVX in Regina, SK Canada for $5000CAN ($4000US). Difficult but not impossible. I ask you, the brightest minds in the SVX world, to help me with my dream.

I am not all that picky. The only requirements are that it's AWD and that it's not teal. I assume that only '92s are in my price range so an LS-L would be nice (silver would be best, but what are the chances...).

I have checked here, autotrader.com, canadatrader.com, and the cars101 classifieds. Canadians are retarded with their SVX pricing, and with my limited budget I can't afford to pay $2000 for shipping then taxes/fees from smalltown USA. Also, there are 0 cars for sale in the states that border my province. Stupid North Dakota... you too Montana! You can see my predicament.

I ***MAY*** be able to fly somewhere and drive the car home, but I don't think I could do more than 10hrs (one day's) drive home with my work schedule.

Please help me find an SVX! Fourtaylor's silver 92 in MN will cost me over $2000 to ship, so it's out of the question I guess.

I suppose another question would be, Who ships cars the cheapest w/o jeopardizing the car's safety? I have quotes through "Hansen's" here and they seem to be the cheapest I can find. If coming from the US, I would like to bring the car in "in bond."

Thanks for any help that you can provide,
-Dan
Old 04-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Gimme $500 and I'll go get it for you (assuming you have all the peperwork done)
Old 04-27-2005, 06:57 PM
fl_svx

I don't wish to sound flippant to our friend from the Great White North, but it's not fair to chastise Montana, I lived there and when the Supreme Court made the 'unlimited speed law' unconstitutional, it negated the need to drive with your hair on fire, hence no need for SVX's. Actually, having an SVX in Montana would be cool, especially during the upcoming tourist season on Hwy 93 or Mt 35 !!

I have an idea. What if you did this, buy the car from an owner who would drive the car there? You would provide transportation back. I mean, a free trip to Canada? Gotta be cheaper than $2,000.00. If the car made it, then you would KNOW the car had to be mechanically sound.

Just an idea.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:17 PM
#073 of 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
Gimme $500 and I'll go get it for you (assuming you have all the peperwork done)
If only you were serious... I could get the paperwork done by tuesday of next week, heh

Did you find yours in Wpg, or did you bring it up?
Old 04-27-2005, 07:56 PM

Registered SVX
Earthworm is right!

I was a student in SoCal in 83. The Corvette was to be all new in 84, the previous model run from 68-82. Well, the 84 Corvette was introduced in LA, not anywhere else in the country. A Portland OR dealer bought one from an LA dealer and someone had to deliver it to Portland the FIRST DAY IT WAS INTRODUCED. The car was a radical departure from the previous model.

Well, a friend of mine was family to the Portland dealer, my father was living near Portland, my friend needed a co-driver, the radar detector was installed, and so that's the story. Amazing how many people tried to speed up for a look once they realized that the first NEW MODEL Corvette in Oregon has just passed by at 100 MPH. Hey, I didn't even get paid to deliver that car, imagine that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
http://www.ClassicSoftTrim.com http://ToyoTires.com/tire/pattern/versado-lx Gillman Subaru of Houston
"QuickChange" http://www.TransGo.com/ http://www.PlanetSVX.com Bontrager Works,

'92 Subaru SVX LS-L Claret ORIGINAL OWNER
'92 LS-L Pearl~ '92 LS Pearl~ '92 LS-L Teal~ '92 LS-L Silver~ '95 LSi Polo~
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Pearl~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54143
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Ebony~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54117
Old 04-27-2005, 10:57 PM

white 92 for sale in Montana

I have an all stock, all wheel drive 92 with 132,000 miles. I just replaced it with another white 92 with 50K miles. It has been driven by my wife since it had 70K, so it has gone at least 80 mph every day on the way to town! It has all it's functions, except the window switch on the passenger window doesn't work. (it works from the driver's side switch.) No dents, good paint, 60% Z rated tires, plus a set of snow tires. You would love it! I live in Clancy, Mt. I was selling the car to my wife's hairdresseer, but she is having cash flow difficulties. Interested?
Old 04-27-2005, 11:04 PM
#073 of 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricerocket
I have an all stock, all wheel drive 92 with 132,000 miles. I just replaced it with another white 92 with 50K miles. It has been driven by my wife since it had 70K, so it has gone at least 80 mph every day on the way to town! It has all it's functions, except the window switch on the passenger window doesn't work. (it works from the driver's side switch.) No dents, good paint, 60% Z rated tires, plus a set of snow tires. You would love it! I live in Clancy, Mt. I was selling the car to my wife's hairdresseer, but she is having cash flow difficulties. Interested?
White hey... black trunk or all white? Pics? LS-L? Spoiler? Price?

Last edited by Dza; 04-27-2005 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:13 PM

?

It is pearl white with a black top, trunk, and spoiler. LS-l, If you like it (everybody who's ever been in it does) I would take 4000 of the highly inflated American dollars. I can email you pictures.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:20 PM
#073 of 301

Quote:
It is pearl white with a black top, trunk, and spoiler. LS-l, If you like it (everybody who's ever been in it does) I would take 4000 of the highly inflated American dollars. I can email you pictures.
dan.marchment@gmail.com for pictures please. Would you consider any lower on the price, seeing as 4k US = 5k Canadian, and I still have to get it up here?
Old 04-27-2005, 11:26 PM

How far are you from Great Falls, MT? I could get it into Canada a couple hundred miles just for fun!
Old 04-27-2005, 11:30 PM
#073 of 301

Quote:
How far are you from Great Falls, MT? I could get it into Canada a couple hundred miles just for fun!
http://tinyurl.com/8hejm
There are the directions, distance, and time, heh.

Please email pics when you get the chance. Thanks!

Edit: I would fly you back if Regina had a flight to Helena (haven't checked) should you want to driver her up here. Also, flexible on the price?
Old 04-27-2005, 11:48 PM

$4000 is about as flexible as I want to get. The car is worth every penny (more, compared to what I see other people buying!) I used your mapqwest information, and it comes up (Total Est. Time: 11 hours, 12 minutes Total Est. Distance: 632.84 miles) We could do it in a day: we could meet somewhere in the middle, if you wanted to pitch in something for gas you could save a lot of money on air travel!
Old 04-27-2005, 11:57 PM
#073 of 301

Quote:
$4000 is about as flexible as I want to get. The car is worth every penny (more, compared to what I see other people buying!) I used your mapqwest information, and it comes up (Total Est. Time: 11 hours, 12 minutes Total Est. Distance: 632.84 miles) We could do it in a day: we could meet somewhere in the middle, if you wanted to pitch in something for gas you could save a lot of money on air travel!
From what I can tell, when I bring the car into Canada, I have to pay $100something for border fees, 7% of the cost of vehicle for taxes, another 7% as it's Japanese, $100 because it has air conditioning, inspection fees, etc. That was supposed to come from my $4000US. You couldn't do $3500US?

Also, I would have to have the vehicle info faxed to the border crossing at least 72 hrs in advance, or face a $500 fine/impounding which I don't want. This is crazy stuff and I just want to make sure that A) I'm doing it right, and B) I have enough money

PS: The pics did not work, per my PM. Pleas try resending them to dan.marchment@gmail.com. Thanks!

Edit: I am up WAAAAY past my bedtime. I'll catch up with you tomorrow to discuss this further. Good night.

Last edited by Dza; 04-28-2005 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dza
Did you find yours in Wpg, or did you bring it up?
I bought mine in Winnipeg. They just put in a replacement tranny which is why I jumped on it. I didn't realize the condition of the rest of the car though. I've been driving it for over 4 years and it's in better condition now than the previous owner allowed it to get.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:55 AM
Go Riders Go!

Send a message via MSN to Canuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dza
From what I can tell, when I bring the car into Canada, I have to pay $100something for border fees, 7% of the cost of vehicle for taxes, another 7% as it's Japanese, $100 because it has air conditioning, inspection fees, etc. That was supposed to come from my $4000US. You couldn't do $3500US?

Also, I would have to have the vehicle info faxed to the border crossing at least 72 hrs in advance, or face a $500 fine/impounding which I don't want. This is crazy stuff and I just want to make sure that A) I'm doing it right, and B) I have enough money

PS: The pics did not work, per my PM. Pleas try resending them to dan.marchment@gmail.com. Thanks!

Edit: I am up WAAAAY past my bedtime. I'll catch up with you tomorrow to discuss this further. Good night.
I'm in the process of brining my two into Canada. Don't forget that you need to get a "Recall Clearance Letter" as well. Here's a good link to some info about the entire importing process: http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html

Also, I don't know what province you're in but here in Saskatchewan, we have to have a safety inspection done and they ALWAYS find something; maybe it's tires, or brake rotors or whatever. Don't forget to factor that into your budget.
1993 25th Anniversary Edition ~74K #291

I like mine rare.