How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-05-2011, 02:57 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Accepted to grad school! Summer plans

those tails look very awesome, I been trying to save enough to get some but I have other concerns first.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:17 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
those tails look very awesome, I been trying to save enough to get some but I have other concerns first.
Thanks man. You're in Jacksonville? Hit me up if you're ever around Tampa.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 01-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX

I soooo want a 3rd pedal!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:35 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Thanks man. You're in Jacksonville? Hit me up if you're ever around Tampa.
I will, I was actually down there 22 of dec. only for a little while though.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:37 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonestock View Post
I soooo want a 3rd pedal!!!!!!!!!
Come down to Tampa, you can teach me how to drive mine

Time for a very positive update.

The 6-speed is in the blue car! Reverse is fixed but the lock-out doesn't work so I'm going to have to mess with that sooner or later. The bent BBS wheel couldn't be fixed because it was cracked so I had to buy one. I lucked out and picked one up on ebay for $100 (very, very cheap for those wheels). A friend of my dad's let me use a lift at his shop to do the 6-speed swap so I was able to do it in just about 5 days. This is probably the biggest car project I've undertaken myself and I'm very proud to say that it went very well . I also learned a lot and that's always great right?

I'll be doing the suspension part later on I think. No rush. I think I'll focus on some cosmetic stuff for a bit now.

Pics of the interior will follow once I've got it cleaned up. There's still tools all over the inside of the car.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 01-07-2011, 11:41 PM

Registered SVX

Old 01-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX

Careful what you wish for, this is how I launch a 6 speed!

Old 01-08-2011, 12:11 PM

Registered SVX

I love manual transmissions, I have driven 3,4 and 5 speeds all my life, only driven one 6 speed that was a ford diesel truck.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:23 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonestock View Post
Careful what you wish for, this is how I launch a 6 speed!
Yea I need someone to teach me how to do that. I've gotten better driving my brother's 5-speed Ranger but it's so different. This thing is scary fast now, and it handles differently. I'm really having to re-learn how to drive it.

I also have a CEL now once in a while. It also idles a bit funny. Any ideas as to why?

Old 01-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

on the SVX???
Old 01-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

a little bit of body work and that SVX will be lookin super sexy! what are your plans for it now that you're on a new SVX?
Old 01-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Yea I need someone to teach me how to do that. I've gotten better driving my brother's 5-speed Ranger but it's so different. This thing is scary fast now, and it handles differently. I'm really having to re-learn how to drive it.

I also have a CEL now once in a while. It also idles a bit funny. Any ideas as to why?
Depends, can you pull the code(s)? Idle could be anything from random miss-fire, IAC and so on.

Your car handles more like a RWD now. Also, on your 6MT, whats your trans code? Do you have a DCCD controller or are you running it in the default "open" with out it. I ran a V7 JDM 6MT in my '02 WRX and they dont have DCCD so that was a problem I didnt have to deal with. Now they have aftermarket DCCD controllers.

I am well known from my, ahem, street racing days as one not to go against from a dig and not too shabby when it comes to shifting. Oh the vids I could post... My old WRX from when we lived in the UK is a thing of legend. There is a page on facebook dedicated to "bonestock" from when I was in the UK. Pretty funny stuff.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:39 PM

Registered SVX

The trans code is TY856WB1CA. It's a version 7 STi trans with a viscous center diff, and a suretrack front LSD. No DCCD. Super low gearing, terrible highway gas mileage. The increased RWD is very tangible and I'm being very careful not to make the rear wheels slip till I've had a chance to learn how to countersteer and all that kind of stuff. All my other cars were front wheel drive, the white SVX only had a little bit of rear drive engagement for some reason and the auto in the blue SVX had the FWD fuse in because of binding, so none of my driving experience includes the rear wheels being able to slip, except the one time that ended in a the white SVX crashing.

As for my plans now they haven't really changed. I need to clean up and restore this one more than I did the other one. It is going to need some body work sooner or later. I want to do some work on the interior first though. Also needs at least one rear wheel bearing (as if there's an SVX that doesn't). I think any turbo plans I had are kinda dead now. Maybe I'll rebuild the engine from the white car to 11:1 compression though. I might do just cams and the CAI and port out the intake manifold and see what kind of power that nets.

I'll pull codes tomorrow and see what the deal is. O2 sensors got kinda dirty during the work so I'm hoping it's just some gunk on one of those that'll burn off or something. Maybe TPS since I had disconnected the throttle cables(?). Or maybe I just suck at driving stick and that's got something to do with it.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:40 PM

Registered SVX

Interior pics:

I obviously need to make a new shifter surround, the finish has been sanded off of the one I've got. Also need to clean up the tools and stuff, vacuum out the car, and finish wiring up the front speakers. Anyone know where I can find a gas pedal cover that matches?

Old 01-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

You could Carbonfiber wrap those interior pieces. That shifter and boot look great, nice clean install.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007