Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > 25th Anniversary Meet (2017) > 15th Anniversary Meet

Old 08-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Im in........
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 08-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Yeah..I'm still in....just hope to have my AC fixed before then...
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 08-30-2007, 12:34 PM
A.L.I.C.E.

Send a message via AIM to techy101 Send a message via Yahoo to techy101
I'm still in.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to wannarace928 Send a message via Yahoo to wannarace928
Classic SVX
I am going to try to make it. But it would most likely be for only 1 night the 20th-21st.
2009 Subaru Forester - Mileage Junky
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
2017 Ford Mustang GT 6spd
Old 09-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Think, Feel, Drive...SVX

Send a message via AIM to paladinwkh
Im in so long as I can caravan with someone. The tealy's tranny is starting to act up... 4.44s or a 5sp in the near future. Anyone passing through NY let me know.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix
I will obviously still be there
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie
I'm in......
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369
Yeah..I'm still in....just hope to have my AC fixed before then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by techy101
I'm still in....
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannarace928
I am going to try to make it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinwkh
Im in so long as I can caravan with someone. The tealy's tranny is starting to act up...
That's it??? ... FOUR???... and a couple of maybes???

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 09-05-2007, 05:05 AM

Yeah John...I think you've scared everyone off with all the negative posts since the beginning
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 09-05-2007, 05:33 AM
Locker Link Solution

...yeah, pretty much

and paladinwkh, Schenectady is just off of one route I was considering, and I think my buddy is going to bail on me. Promise you're not a psycho and I might pick you up instead of my sister. I can't promise anything just yet though.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 09-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369 View Post
Yeah John...I think you've scared everyone off with all the negative posts since the beginning
I will accept any responsibility on my part, but I don't want to be the sole whipping boy if this meet does not turn out as anticipated. My postings have not always been negative.

A lot of signing up and enthusiasm in the beginning, but not a lot of follow through and planning. Everyone expected it would just "happen", without any effort expended and everyone would enjoy the benefits. Something like the "Little Red Hen" story from my childhood.

Over a year ago (August 2007) is when green_eyed_lady and myself came to the conclusion that the odds were against it actually happening. We saw an early lack of commitment to get this off the ground.

A year later (August 2007) there were almost 50 members on the signup list. I can't believe that that I could convince about 40 members from across the country that it wouldn't be worth attending. People dropped out for various reasons: schedule conflicts, work, financial, etc. Also because it seemed there wasn't enough events or activities planned.

The Kiss of Death: The dates selected were not in its favor. In September kids are back in school, younger members are back in college and in some cases vacation time was just not available.

Everyone I spoke with loved the 10th Anniversary meet, despite the heat. I heard no one complain about it while we were there; we we too busy having fun! No one said "it's too hot, I'm going home". Early summer is the most flexible time for most, assuring a maximum turnout. The September dates came up to address the issue of heat and nothing else. No a lot of foresight as to the ramifications of this decision

Very early planning is in the works for the 20th anniversary. Sometime in July, 2011, which is the 20th anniversary of when the first SVX was sold and hit the American road. Now that's something to celebrate!!

Yes it's July... and yes it may be hot, depending on where it is...

but nobody fails to celebrate Independence day just because it falls where it does on the calendar. Wear a hat, drink an extra beer, spring for a little sunscreen.

Larry III, myself and others will run with the ball for the next one. It will not be a never-ending process of where, when, why and why not. On-going committees and polls and the like. Plans will be in the works early. I'm sure we will weigh all the options, considering the majority, set the dates, location(s), and so forth, and go from there. Im almost certain it will be a two-location meet.

That's how the last Reading meet was handled. Based on past experiences, I set the dates, I picked the hotel and that was it! Be there... Don't be there...

It ended up being on the third weekend of April as the first was still too cool, and the second week usually involved Easter and tax time. Making accommodations for the most members.

And we all knew how it worked out.

Sorry for the long post...

Read this page http://blade1.subaru-svx.net/forum/s...versary&page=3

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 09-05-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:29 AM

I know it wasn't all you with the negative remarks John, but yours just seem to carry more weight than the others due to who you are...I'm not mad at you about it, I'm just dissapointed that it isn't going to be anything like the 10th...

I didn't ask for it to be in Sept either, but I have made an effort to be there regaurdless of weather or not it fit in my schedule...as since I wasn't doing the planning, didn't fell I needed to complain about it.

I doubt I'll nearly as enthused abouit the 20th meet ( as I was the 10th) if this is the way things are running by then.

Anyway...just blowing off some steam....
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 09-05-2007, 07:50 PM
A.L.I.C.E.

Send a message via AIM to techy101 Send a message via Yahoo to techy101
To make it all worse. It's looking like I might have issues getting there. Looks like I need a new driveshaft, and I don't think I can get it done before the meet would be
Old 09-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Locker Link Solution

hey guys,

how many of you have GPS units, with coordinates.
Not the navigation style deals.. unless it gives you offroad too and is somewhat portable.

...and I have a leak in my TB, others may want to give their cooling system at least a look at before heading out. look for cracks on the big hoses and what not.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?

Last edited by Speedklix; 09-08-2007 at 03:05 PM. Reason: added a tip
Old 09-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
I will call mike again tomorrow to see if he still wants to set up an autocross for the whopping 4 cars that will be there. He said that if turnout was small he would open it up to other subarus in the community and to the employees.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 09-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Think, Feel, Drive...SVX

Send a message via AIM to paladinwkh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix View Post
...yeah, pretty much

and paladinwkh, Schenectady is just off of one route I was considering, and I think my buddy is going to bail on me. Promise you're not a psycho and I might pick you up instead of my sister. I can't promise anything just yet though.
Actually I would still drive out, but I just want to make sure I am with a group in case I get in trouble...
Old 09-18-2007, 05:36 AM

I'm planning on coming Saturday along with nexus_7. Will confirm for sure by Wednesday since this was short notice for me being a newbie here.

Does anyone know what activities there are for Saturday and what time things begin?

We'll be coming from Chicago so it's only about two hours drive.

'04 FXT
'97 SVX LSi

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: