Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2009, 02:12 PM

Registered SVX
Re: New for Christmas 08 Stage1Av1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldss72 View Post
Just filled up my first tank of 87 octane gas. No Difference that I could notice. I kept a close eye on the temp gauge, and did not see any difference. It has been wicked cold however for quite a while, (highest I have seen in days is 10), but I don't think there will be any difference. I got 21.5 mpg this last tank, although there was some driving though snow, and a few times that I practiced my sliding though corners...lol. Let me know if you need anything else.
Joe
What type of driving do most of your miles come from, city of highway?
Kool Blue air filter, 4500k HID's, airbox mod, Hella horns, WRX 6 disc stereo, Infinity Reference and Clarion Pro Audio speakers, Infinity basslink sub, ECUtune Stage 1v5, ECUtune TCU, Power mode mod, Mad muffler mod v1.3
Old 01-21-2009, 02:22 PM

Registered SVX

usually 60% highway, 40% city
Old 01-21-2009, 02:22 PM

Registered SVX

last 100% highway tank I got 26mpg as a point of reference doing between 65-72mph the whole way
Old 01-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input

We're all set and the results sound good. It sounds like the agressive timing is safe enough to offer a version that has the aggressive timing in both tunes so I am sending Tom, SVXfiles software that has the economy fuel map and aggressive timing as one tune and the performance fuel map from 1v5 with the aggressive timing as the 2nd tune. He's going to trial that in a couple cars using a gtech to measure differences in performance. I suspect that will end up being the final stage1av1 package but we will see (the stage1v5 will still be offered just as it is now; stage1av1 isn't a replacement for stage1v5 it's an alternative to it).

Weren't you going to redo your tcu? You really should. Changing the shift maps can make your car much sportier around town while saving you gas because you won't have to floor the car to get into power mode to get any get up and go. The main reason I get much better city fuel economy these days is because with my shift maps I don't have to use the throttle nearly as much to get the acceleration I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuberNatural View Post
If you're still looking I commute around 300 miles a week consistantly for school and always figure my mpg out when I fill up. If you're all set then I can't wait to hear what you get back in results.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:38 PM

Registered SVX

I would love to MOD my tcu/shift maps but Im just not that savvy with ecu/tcu mods. I usually let my buddy do the tuning.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Just some dude.

Oh I thought you were looking into doing it. I have complete tcu's listed on my website for those who don't want to tinker with them themselves.

Quote:
I would love to MOD my tcu/shift maps but Im just not that savvy with ecu/tcu mods. I usually let my buddy do the tuning.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:50 PM

Registered SVX

I was going to when my buddy was around but he lives in CT, and only comes around every so often lol. He said he had no problems with the board work but was unsure on the tcu changes
Old 01-26-2009, 06:09 AM
Just some dude.

I have ROMs on my website as well if you want to have him socket your tcu.

Quote:
I was going to when my buddy was around but he lives in CT, and only comes around every so often lol. He said he had no problems with the board work but was unsure on the tcu changes
Old 02-05-2009, 03:50 PM

Registered SVX

any performance updates?

I have been running 87 without a problem in mine, no knocking or any heating issues
Old 02-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Just some dude.

I don't know...are there any performance updates? lol OT hasn't run it yet because of the lovely icey weather you northernerns are enjoying so you two are still the only people who would know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldss72 View Post
any performance updates?

I have been running 87 without a problem in mine, no knocking or any heating issues
Old 02-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

I"d love to do more testing but my car has been out of commison due to worn rings and well just general hell. New SVX soon I hope so I should be able to try it out more.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 02-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Just some dude.

why do you say your rings are bad..what compression do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
I"d love to do more testing but my car has been out of commison due to worn rings and well just general hell. New SVX soon I hope so I should be able to try it out more.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:45 PM

Registered SVX

Maybe he's burning a lot of oil?

If you need more input, I daily drive my SVX and would love to help out . I also plan on getting a TCU chip from you in the coming month.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
why do you say your rings are bad..what compression do you have?
Well here is what I got, to answer the question first now I havent. I have called OT and discussed this with him and he believes it to be the same thing. The last time I was able to drive it, it was less then 200 mile trip, in that time I had burned/lost enough oil to go from a bit above F line to hardly any on the stick. I have never even when I had leaking seals lost that much in that amount of time. I have also replaced every seal (except headgasket) on my car, there is no reason that it should have lost (including the rear main seal). There is oil on top of the engine and also in my intake system (could be related to the Master brake cylinder leaking). I have been battling a over heating issue when on the road longer then an hour (freeway) and getting off to stop and go traffic.

Upon moving the car onto ramps (less then 30 seconds), hadnt been moved in about a month. I unscrewed the Oil to get a giant whiff of exhaust gas. I had other people confirm that was the smell.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 02-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Just some dude.

Yep, could be. Whether rings or a head gasket either way it's time for that engine to be rebuilt or replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
Well here is what I got, to answer the question first now I havent. I have called OT and discussed this with him and he believes it to be the same thing. The last time I was able to drive it, it was less then 200 mile trip, in that time I had burned/lost enough oil to go from a bit above F line to hardly any on the stick. I have never even when I had leaking seals lost that much in that amount of time. I have also replaced every seal (except headgasket) on my car, there is no reason that it should have lost (including the rear main seal). There is oil on top of the engine and also in my intake system (could be related to the Master brake cylinder leaking). I have been battling a over heating issue when on the road longer then an hour (freeway) and getting off to stop and go traffic.

Upon moving the car onto ramps (less then 30 seconds), hadnt been moved in about a month. I unscrewed the Oil to get a giant whiff of exhaust gas. I had other people confirm that was the smell.