Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX
CL: 92 white SVX needs trans. Manheim PA

not mine but could look at it if anyone needs me to look at it for them. (5 miles away from my work)

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto/2338652118.html
Old 05-05-2011, 08:31 PM

Registered SVX
Re: CL: 92 white SVX needs trans. Manheim PA

I wish it was a little closer . That would make a great donor car. I need driver door and front driver seat.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
I wish it was a little closer . That would make a great donor car. I need driver door and front driver seat.
driver door? Are you looking for one rust free, what color? and I may have a driver seat for you, and will be in the PA/NJ area in about 2 weeks for some annual meet where all these cars with funny windows show up
Old 05-06-2011, 06:02 AM

Registered SVX

I have a pearl white 92 . Not sure if I am going to fix it or buy something else. Mine runs very strong (tran. shifts are smooth and motor is quiet and no oil consumption ) car has 78,000 all original . Just replaced all the fan belts , front 1/2 shafts (CVJoints), all the PS lines and hoses, and new brakes F&R ...new fuel lines from tank to motor... bad points F driver seat is ripped, door locks/alarm is not working, antenna broke, has rust spots in driver door and rear 1/4 s .Do I buy someone else s or fix mine , I really want a 5 speed. ( I wanted one when I bought this on in 1993 ) Is this a crazy Idea?
Old 05-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

car sounds pretty nice...I'd just replace the bad spots and go with it. Sounds like you have a solid car to work with.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:15 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeman90 View Post
car sounds pretty nice...I'd just replace the bad spots and go with it. Sounds like you have a solid car to work with.
+1 Sounds like you've put a fair amount of work in already, probably best off having someone like SVXfiles do a 5 spd swap or possibly doing it yourself if that's what you really want.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:39 PM

Registered SVX

They tell me $5,000 to do a swap. My car needs a lot of body work and new seat and power locks. (thinking maybe get an auto starter that comes with locks .) I don't know if I want to dump $6,000 + into it.
Forgot exhaust is loud . Changed the donut gasket behind the cat but there are leaks on both sides of the flanges

Last edited by Conn SVX; 05-06-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:49 PM

Registered SVX

I am either going to part this car out ( highly unlikely ) crush it or sell it to the highest bidder. What is it worth? Any ideas?
Old 05-07-2011, 07:44 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
I am either going to part this car out ( highly unlikely ) crush it or sell it to the highest bidder. What is it worth? Any ideas?
Definitely don't crush it or part it out. With only 78k miles, it's very low. You can pick up all the parts for a 5 spd swap for under $500, new clutch kit is under $400 and labor is under $2k from SVXfiles (don't quote me on that though) If you've put the work you've done, why not just get the 5 spd put in and that will eliminate any huge mechanical issues that would normally pop up on an SVX.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:34 PM

Registered SVX

The car has a lot of annoying issues. visors that droop, Seat that is ripped ,rust and paint that has to be done, antenna not working and the door locks , exhaust is noisy and it will need a new timing belt in 20,000 miles. Putting in the $3,000 5 speed would make me feel like I am putting good money into a car not worthy of it. Fixing all the small problems first will be a few $1,000 maybe only $1,500. I don't have a place to do the work or the tools. or the time . I have been going to get the seat replaced and the body fixed for 3 years now . I would rather buy something that is clean and looks good and runs good. If down the road I do decide it needs a trany I will put in the 5 speed . This pearly would probably run like this for another 50,000 miles if the appearance didn't bother me . I wold love to see someone buy it and fix it .It would make a great car for someone .
Old 05-07-2011, 09:38 PM

Registered SVX

Understandable. Just saying at this point, buying another SVX, you're probably going to end up running into the same issues, and probably be more. At 78k miles, you don't have worries about any sensors or coils or anything else under the hood that can be expensive to replace, the bushings, mounts, and other rubber pieces. (shouldn't) And it depends how bad the rust is. Typically the underbodies and frames on these cars don't rust out at all, just the usual door cladding spots and in the wheel wells. To find one that isn't rusty, or isn't going to rust in the near future, you're going to have to find a southern car and pay for it to get up to you, or go pick it up which will also add costs.
Not trying to make up your mind for you, just trying to give you insight. You know what your car needs, you don't know what the next one you get will need.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:54 AM

Registered SVX

I am looking at a car that has had a motor change (motor has 100,00 on it ) and had a reseal done by Tom. 9 new timing belt and idle wheels. Body is in excellent shape so is the interior. Exhaust has been worked on to eliminate problems. trany has been worked . everything works. Looking at it today . Only a few miles from my house. Member owned .