How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2002, 11:55 PM

Are they just jelous, or are they tellin the truth. You decide!

I have been told a countless amount of times by my relatives that my SVX is a peice of crap, and that I should get rid of it. They say the styling of the car is "ok"and, the performance is sub par, to their standards. Now let me tell u what type of cars they drive. A lexus GS-400, Audi A-6 2.8t quatro, and an Acura TL. I'll confess to one thing, I'm not a person who babies his car. If you where to see my car inside you'd be disgusted. There are ashes every where, I take it to its limits(or what I thought its limits where), and there are a countless amount of broken or missing peices. I forgot to mention the cracked windsheild,which would have been fixed by now if it werent so $$$ to fix. After showing my relatives what you guys have done to your SVX's. They still have the nerve to say those things about my SVX. Maybe they say these things because my SVX is the only one they ever see on a daily basis. Maybe they say those things because I always brag about the uniqueness of the SVX. Who knows for sure. Let me point out to you guys what my relatives say are the pros and cons of the SVX. Pros: AWD(even though the one who owns the Audi says" Its a good awd system, but it just dosent perform very well without the added traction of the Audi's ASP feature") ,and thats about it for the pros. Cons: the temperture control layout sucks, the windows are not well thought out, fuel economy is very bad, the acceleration is very slow for this class of car( a 3.3 liter should be quicker than this, where his exact words) and, last but not least the parts are way too expensive. Personally I've enjoyed driving this car. I love it when people try to guess what kind it is, and ask if the windows " came like that or did I install them". I have had times where I've cursed at the car and wished it would be smashed into so I can collect the insurance on it. But, who hasnt had those moments before. Personally I think my relatives can take their Audi's and Lexuses and Acuras and stick 'em where the sun dont shine. I'm keeping my SVX till the death. But, thats just my two-cents!