How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2015, 10:29 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Re: Question for those with superchargers

Wow! Thanks for all the great info guys (and gal). I really appreciate it.

SVXFiles, the link to the calculation page is extremely helpful. I have been reviewing it all morning long and I think I have a better grasp of how all this comes together better. Also the pics for the pump install are very helpful, Thanks!

Cozycat, I appreciate all the info and links. I'll order those parts soon and I really like your idea of 2 sensors rather than buying a single dual. That might be good to do and save me quite a bit.

Tapani, I think it was you that posted a pic of the gauges in the ashtray. I thought these would be too big to both fit. Did you have any issues with that? If I could get both gauges to fit there, that would be perfect! After reading through this I think it'd be a good idea to go ahead and get it before I do any further 'enhancements'

Oh, and before I forget, I thought I'd give you a little more info on this set up. I recently got a new engine for the SVX. Icingdeath had built an engine with forged pistons, lowered compression, etc for a turbo setup he was doing.

Here's a link to the thread if you'd like to check it out: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ht=turbo+setup

He ended up selling the engine to me and it is amazing! He did a fantastic job on the build and its running perfectly. As of now, its got approximately 81 miles on it lol. With that in mind, I am hoping that going up to the 12psi pulley won't be an issue. However, I still think it'd be a good idea to get the wide-band sensor before I do that just to make sure everything is kosher.
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:15 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by halistan View Post
I thought these would be too big to both fit. Did you have any issues with that? If I could get both gauges to fit there, that would be perfect!

Icingdeath had built an engine with forged pistons, lowered compression, etc for a turbo setup he was doing.

He did a fantastic job on the build and its running perfectly.
Hey - all this sounds very good. Especially the engine from Ice. He's done a perfect job - I was not awere you had his engine in you car .

On the other hand that makes it even more important to make sure everything is as it should - you do want to protect the expensive engine !

On the gauges - no issues really. It is a very tight fit, but two 2" gauges in a custom bracket made from 2mm aluminum is not impossible. The gauges must be press fit to the aluminum.... there's no space for the brackets which are ment to fix them in place from behind. I did the fit with the covering fabric....

Unfortunately I cound not find a photo from behind.

Good luck !

/T
Old 01-08-2015, 08:16 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
On the other hand that makes it even more important to make sure everything is as it should - you do want to protect the expensive engine !/T
No kidding! That last thing I'd want to do is screw this up after all the work put into it last year by me, Nate, AWD Tuning, Kuo, etc.....

Thanks for the info on the gauges. I'll look to see if there is a local shop around here that might be able to assist me with that too. If I could get them to fit in there it might be worth it to have done.
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Registered SVX

Tom/Marisa,

Can either of you clarify which pump I should get for the SVX? Tom mentioned a 225 but the one Marisa sent a link for is a 255, so I just wanted to make sure I got the correct one.

Thanks

Ray
Old 01-08-2015, 09:57 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Tom/Marisa,

Can either of you clarify which pump I should get for the SVX? Tom mentioned a 225 but the one Marisa sent a link for is a 255, so I just wanted to make sure I got the correct one.

Thanks

Ray
I have been typing with only one hand for four months, sorry.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 01-08-2015, 10:06 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Registered SVX

No worries, I just wanted to make sure. Thanks again for the help. I'm going to try and get those parts ordered here in the next few days.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:33 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat

If it easies your mind about accidentally ordering incorrectly, I don't think walbro has a 225 liters per hour (LPH) version - just 190, 255, 400, and 450. (the 450 LPH says its made for flex fuel/e85 which is neat)

Also there are deatsch works fuel pumps and if you are ever curious to clean your injectors, they can do that too. I used and recommend Gordon @ Witchhunter - I purchased stock STI side feed injectors from him, cleaned and flow matched (it's ideal for tuning to know what your injectors actually flow at, not just what they are "supposed to be").

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram

Last edited by cozykat; 01-08-2015 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:30 AM
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozykat View Post
If it easies your mind about accidentally ordering incorrectly, I don't think walbro has a 225 liters per hour (LPH) version - just 190, 255, 400, and 450. (the 450 LPH says its made for flex fuel/e85 which is neat)

Also there are deatsch works fuel pumps and if you are ever curious to clean your injectors, they can do that too. I used and recommend Gordon @ Witchhunter - I purchased stock STI side feed injectors from him, cleaned and flow matched (it's ideal for tuning to know what your injectors actually flow at, not just what they are "supposed to be").
Yes! I get it, I was wrong! I'd tell you to just shoot me, but you live in TEXAS, so you probibly would!

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 01-08-2015, 02:20 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Registered SVX

Lol Don't mind her, she just likes to be thorough. I do appreciate the info though. I didn't realize the # referred to liters per hour. Good to know.

I also agree, it would be nice to know if these injectors really can pump out as much as they are supposed to!
Old 01-08-2015, 03:31 PM
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
Lol Don't mind her, she just likes to be thorough. I do appreciate the info though. I didn't realize the # referred to liters per hour. Good to know.

I also agree, it would be nice to know if these injectors really can pump out as much as they are supposed to!

Really, thats like saying Tesla was kinda smart!
Hi M.

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 01-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles View Post
[/COLOR]

Really, thats like saying Tesla was kinda smart!
Hi M.
lol, well I don't like to overstate the obvious
Old 01-09-2015, 01:23 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles View Post
[/COLOR]
Hi M.
hi!

I'm just selfish, I like to document my thoughts because I WILL forget it all once I type it all out... and even when i don't type it out.

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 01-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozykat View Post
hi!

I'm just selfish, I like to document my thoughts because I WILL forget it all once I type it all out... and even when i don't type it out.
And you like to write in colors that are virtually invisible to those that are colorblind ...you and Tom both. What's up with that?
Old 01-09-2015, 04:18 PM
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
And you like to write in colors that are virtually invisible to those that are colorblind ...you and Tom both. What's up with that?
It's because we are evil Geniuses and plan to take over the world!
BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, SNORT!

Damn, milk and vodka all over the keyboard, again.

And yes, I am licking the keyboard this time.

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 01-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Smile Re: Question for those with superchargers

Quote:
Great minds think alike?
1997 Ebony #308 113k "The Black Diva"SOLD
1992 Black over Liquid Silver 152k SOLD
1992 Ebony 251k 444 SOLD
1999 Silver SLK230 134k SOLD
1997 Green Outback 137k SOLD
2013 Honda Accord I4 SOLD
2015 Subaru Crosstrek 30k
2018 Tesla M3 30k