Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 06-11-2011, 03:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to keithwrx8
Help winding window regulator cable

Hi fellas,

I'm trying to replace the sleeve lock on a 92' but the cable was all bound up and now i cant figure out how it goes back on. I put both the cable lugs in place on the wheel so that both cables follow the grooves (on the wheel). But when the wheel turns one way, one cable can't follow the direction of the groove, gets flipped around and makes a mess. And there is also a ton of slack in the cable.

I drew up a diagram just in case

On the left is the cable in the groove. On the right is what happens to one of the cables when you start turning the motor.

Is it possible i have to wind up some cable on the wheel and then insert the lug on the cable into the slot? I can't think of any other way it could possibly work.

I searched too but i didnt get any hits on how to wind the cable. Everyone just replaced the entire regulator assembly. Which id rather not do as everything is in good shape.

Thanks for reading!
Old 06-11-2011, 05:50 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Help winding window regulator cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwrx8 View Post
Hi fellas,

I'm trying to replace the sleeve lock on a 92' but the cable was all bound up and now i cant figure out how it goes back on. I put both the cable lugs in place on the wheel so that both cables follow the grooves (on the wheel). But when the wheel turns one way, one cable can't follow the direction of the groove, gets flipped around and makes a mess. And there is also a ton of slack in the cable.

I drew up a diagram just in case

On the left is the cable in the groove. On the right is what happens to one of the cables when you start turning the motor.

Is it possible i have to wind up some cable on the wheel and then insert the lug on the cable into the slot? I can't think of any other way it could possibly work.

I searched too but i didnt get any hits on how to wind the cable. Everyone just replaced the entire regulator assembly. Which id rather not do as everything is in good shape.

Thanks for reading!
have you had a look at the passenger side one ?
Old 06-11-2011, 06:14 PM

Ahh, thats a good idea. Ill look tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:56 PM

Bump!

I'd like to pull the passenger side but i dont know how to remove the sleeve lock without breaking it.

I tried winding the top cable till the lug on the cable for the sleeve lock was close to the top guide wheel and then hook in the bottom cable. But same story.