Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-20-2006, 12:49 AM
BlueClaretsvx

Talking WHAT? 3.3TT Impreza?!!?

It gotta be fast! Check it out!
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hlight=1000bhp
Old 06-20-2006, 01:21 AM
Hater

allow me to welcome you to the site, and also to last year.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 06-20-2006, 01:21 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
That was mentioned before in our forum. There is another blue one also on Nasioc similar to this one. Do you have $100K to spend?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:27 AM
BlueClaretsvx

100k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
That was mentioned before in our forum. There is another blue one also on Nasioc similar to this one. Do you have $100K to spend?
maybe i do..
Old 06-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Ok then, go for it. There is another good source if you want to:
www.ecutune.com
Go for the stage 3 setup

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Hammonton eh?

...Probly does
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 06-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Its a Classic!

that car could be replicated for far less than 100 grand
STi BBS wheels,legacy gt 4.44, 3" catback exhaust, Stance GR+ 7k/5k, QS Teflon adjustable endlinks, Hankook EVO 245/40/17, 95-LS escaine seats, GC8 V7 steering wheel, JDM clear corners, small car clear lenses, Alcyone badge, JDM rear taillight, 97 grille, stevesby bumper, PWR radiator, Perrin Crank pulley, Urethane Swaybar bushings, urethane diff bushings, DDM 6k 55watt lows and 4500k 35watt fog lights; $15/15min mod, Motorsport whs 22mm rear swaybar, QC shift kit, ToMyx intake, z32 aluminum calipers 13" rotors, nitrous express proton + wet kit.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:42 PM

Wonder how long that took?

Last edited by Excall; 06-20-2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
So...when is someone going to ask what theese guys are doing as far as fuel managment? Over on Nabisco there I see alot of people arguing but nobody just being all "Hey, yeah...we just ant seem to make the whole fuel managment thing work out, otherwise thered be svx's like that. Say..what do you guys run when you do the 3.3 swaps into your imprezzas?"

It would be intresting to see just how they actually set it up. rather than just gawk over pictures of huge turbos
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 06-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow

There are numerous systems available that would work fine. My personal choice would be the Autronic unit.

Well, hell, just go through what I would do if I felt like dropping money into an SVX to make it go fast..

Step 1, send block to Marco and Magnus Motorsports. Tell him you want a block that will handle up to 1000 hp, (or whatever your goal is) and then give him 8K to do it. Have him, at the same time, completely rework the heads, make custom camshafts for your application, and assemble the longblock. Figure 12K for the entire thing should cover it.

Step 2, have Marco, or someone else make custom intake manifolds similar to the AMS, or Magnus sheet metal Intake manifolds. Add an aeromotive fuel pump, new fuel lines, new injectors, new FPR, new return. Do all the turbo manifold/uppipe and intake piping. I'd guestimate about $3k for this

Step 3, Remove stock wiring harness, sensors, and ECU. (you could probably keep it to run the A/C and whatever else it does if you wanted to) replace with autronic and specific the specific sensors it needs. Should end up just north of $2400

Step 4, Contact Forced Performance, and see what they would recomend/build for the either a single or twin turbo application. Wastegate, BOV, boost controller, etc. Cost varies widely between options.

Step 5, Talk to any of the Subie drivetrain experts, or *insert drivetrain person here* and get a bullet proof trans, rear diff, and axles. clutch... tires.. wheels... I have no idea $$.

Step 6, Tune the biotch.. I know a guy that is incredibly good at what he does, which involves making engines sing with the Autronic, and many other, Standalone ECUs. Figure a good person on a good dyno will cost a few hundred dollars

Step 7, Either modify some Porsche Big Black rotors to work on our cars, or pay Stop Tech some big cash to design you something. Todd at TCE could probably piece something together for the SVX using Wilwood parts as well. I bet Todd could do the entire car for $2K

Step 8, Take the car to a chassis shop. have them cornerweight/measure unsprung mass, etc etc. Modify some bilstein shocks to work on the car, and accept a coilover spring. Valved properly, with springs, camber plates, and all related susp. parts like bushings, swaybars, etc... I'd say you'd be around 3500$...

or you could just pay me $40,000 and I'll do all the work for you, get it back in a year, and promise it'll be streetable and work out to over 800hp to the wheels.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 06-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
reality check for all of you wondering. Neither of the twin turbo EG33 swaps have run succesfully. ALSO the only EG33 swap to work was an N/A engine in an RS running a full standalone on almost all stock components. They are sponsored by a dyno shop who did all of their tuning. Makes 219 att he wheels id my memory serves me. Anyway, we know how it is done, no one has the balls or the wallet to do it.

Tom
Old 06-21-2006, 03:26 PM
Own'eded

Send a message via AIM to curly2k3 Send a message via MSN to curly2k3
Oh I have the balls, the wallet portion is proving to be a problem tho... Fuji here in MN might help me if I do it... in exchange I help them with the EG swap into one of their Imprezas
Old 06-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
reality check for all of you wondering. Neither of the twin turbo EG33 swaps have run succesfully. ALSO the only EG33 swap to work was an N/A engine in an RS running a full standalone on almost all stock components. They are sponsored by a dyno shop who did all of their tuning. Makes 219 att he wheels id my memory serves me. Anyway, we know how it is done, no one has the balls or the wallet to do it.

Tom
It never ceases to amaze me the corners people will cut when building cars like that. It seems like they have an infinite budget when you look at all the "flashy" part... but when it comes down to the details, they blow them off.

By the way, that EG33 swapped impreza runs track events and does very well.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 06-22-2006, 08:38 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
oh yeah I know, I love that car it looks and runs sickly

Tom
Old 06-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
ALSO the only EG33 swap to work
ahem...frankenwedge...
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?

Last edited by Speedklix; 06-23-2006 at 08:56 AM.