How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 09-20-2003, 11:08 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Food

Hi everyone, In our local paper today it showed Burger King ceo Brad Blum displaying a new low fat sandwich. It also said that Mickey Dee's was test marketing a similar adult"HAPPY MEAL" which includes a diet book and a pedometer. I wonder if you order one of these at the drive up window if you get a speedometer. Take care, BOBB
Old 09-20-2003, 04:54 PM
SVX26517

Arrow

Well i get it, somewhat, but I have too noticed a change in the menu at mickey dee's. The big macs are now smaller, and now you can get a double big mac, which is sad. The medium fries look like dollar menu fries. It sucks. Thats why i eat only at wendys if i want fast food
Old 09-20-2003, 05:21 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Mickey Dees

Hi SVX26517, I've eaten at Mickey Dees maybe once in the last 20 years. I don't like the food at McDonalds and nobody in my family likes the food either. We always go to Wendys or Burger King. On the way to the Reading(sic) meet, my wife and I ate at a Roy Rogers on the PA. turnpike. Not bad. very juicy burger and nice freash bun. We don't have any Roy Rogers that I know of in Michigan. Now we are going to hear from Mike, and how thats the only burger he ever ate untill he graduated from high school. Take care,and watch out for those saturated fats. BOBB
P/S What about "Jack in the box" We don't have any of those either.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:09 PM
SVX26517

nope none of those around here but we do have hardees/carl's jr. there 1/3, 2/3,1/2 lb burgers are the best, big juicy 100% angus beef, but the buns dont hold up that well
Old 09-20-2003, 08:21 PM
Hater

hey Bobb,
you have the BEST fast food joint there in Michigan - Rally's! the last one here in Pittsburgh closed down a few years ago.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 09-21-2003, 12:31 AM

Registered SVX
Floyd"s

Guys your post brings back memories.

Thirty odd years ago when I was courting my wife ( second marriage and family ), we used to often eat at a small quite humble low budget ÒFloyd'sÓ. Now Floyd was an ex Marine who had been down here during the second world war and late in life returned to set up his business. We went to many up market restaurants but a Floyd steak and salad had no equal.

We often reminisce when passing the spot where Floyd's once was and wish one of your countrymen well, even though he may be long departed.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 09-21-2003, 12:25 PM
SVX26517

Theres a Rally's here too, but good luck getting there
Old 09-21-2003, 01:08 PM
alacrity024

Earth's Best Fast-Food Resturaunt: In 'n Out Burger

this place is simply AMAZING. i heard about it through the grapevine, and when we got to California on our roadtrip, we pulled into the first one we found and chowed down on some pretty incredible burgers.

In 'n Out Burger has about four menu items (burger, cheeseburger, bacon cheeseburger, fries) and exactly ZERO microwaves, freezers, and heatlamps. everything is THAT fresh. pretty amazing. apparently they have items which they don't list on their menu but will cook to order if you're "connected" enough to ask for them.

fresh lemon wedges next to the real-brewed, free-refill iced tea, plenty of clean tables, and they give you free stickers if you ask nicely overall a perfect 10

-adam
Old 09-21-2003, 02:21 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Rally's

Hi Alan, I live in the next county(Washtenaw County) over from Detroit(Wayne County) near Ann Arbor, Mi. As far as I know, there aren't any Rally's in this area. I do see their ads on Detroit television. Take care, BOBB
Old 09-21-2003, 06:33 PM
Network Design Administrator

I absolutely love checkers... which is really, part of Rallys...
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:34 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Culver's is a pretty damned good chain - if you have one near you I recommend trying it. At the very least they have some of the best milkshakes ever.

My favorite 'fast food' place is in Plymouth, WI. It's a privately-owned A&W. They get all their meat very fresh and they cook with their own recipes.

I'm pretty sure that they put ecstacy in their burgers well before the drug was popular with the rave crowd. Man, I can almost taste the butter...nnnnnnnnnngh...I might have to make a road trip up there before they close for the winter. They have no indoor seating (or still didn't when I was there a couple years ago), only drive-up serving. You get a window tray.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: