Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 08-27-2003, 02:14 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Thumbs up German/Austrian/European Folk

Hi. I'm gonna be heading over to Europe for 3 months at the end of September. I will spend most of my time in Ulm, Germany, but I will be doing much traveling. So, I've got a couple questions.

1) Will anybody give me a ride on the autobahn in the SVX at very high speeds? I'll pay !!!
2) If memory serves me correctly, there is an Austrian on this site that plays professional soccer. I'll do a search in a minute to see if I can't find him. Anyway, I'm a soccer player, and a couple of the guys I'm going with are. Any chance we could meet up for a game? I wanna play some good soccer while I'm over there.
3) Any other European members have any suggestions for me while I'm in the country?

-Mat
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 08-27-2003, 02:22 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
You must mean MartyMcFly. Haven't seen him posting for some time, give him a call to see what's up

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 08-28-2003, 01:17 AM

Thumbs up Great

Hello SVX10!

I am still visiting this site daily, but I was very busy last time so I just overflew the new threads.

Great to hear that you come to europe/germany.
Well I am not an professional soccer player anymore. I used to play in second highest league in Austria for about 2 years, but then I had a couple of injuries and so my "good" time has gone.
Now I am playing in 5th league, so that means, there's no more high income now , but it's still much fun to play soccer.

Well, I know Ulm in Germany, but I think it is about 600-700 km away from my hometown, cause I live in the south of Austria next to the slovenian border.

I would love to give you a ride in my SVX on german Highways, but the travel to Ulm would be very long.

So you come up with some soccer players? Is there a soccer-camp
in Ulm? You stay for 3 months, so where are you going? Also to Austria, then we can meet up for shure!

Hmmm...maybe I can locate an german SVXer next to Ulm so that he contacts you.

Greetings from Austria

mfg hrc
Old 08-28-2003, 10:50 AM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
There is no soccer camp in Ulm. It's just me and some friends that enjoy playing soccer. We're coming over to go to Fachhoschule Ulm for 3 months to study mechanical engineering. We'll be traveling a ton (3 month unlimited eurail pass), and Austria is probably one place we'll go. If you could find a German SVXer to give me a ride, that'd be awesome! Or, maybe you could give me some info on a way to rent a fun car to take on the Autobahn. I've looked on-line, but the best rental car I've been able to find so far is an Audi TT. I want something faster Also, even if you're in the 5th league now, I'd still enjoy playing some soccer. I'm guessing my friends would too if we were in Austria anyway.
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 08-29-2003, 03:36 AM

I see...

...you come for studying in Ulm!
But it's great that you have the 3 month unlimited eurail pass, so there is no problem to come to austria.
The train-connections in Europe are really good.

Would be great to meet up with you guys, but have you got so much time left to travel around?

Then we can make a high-speed travel at Austrian Autobahn
We have a limit on Autobahns, but sometimes I don't care about it (late at night).

In germany I don't know any fun-car-rental company.

About 40 km away from my town there is one, where you can drive Porsche GT2's, Ferraris and Lamborghinis and so on, but it's very expensive!

http://www.creativ-fun-team.com/

mfg hrc

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: