Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2009, 02:29 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: tailight mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphinwolf View Post
I should be seeing him Saturday durring a local cruise if he comes. I'll talk to him face to face about it and have him look at the car in person. Other than that it'll have to wait till someone gets him some tails to work out.
-Gaddis
That saturday came and went a few weeks ago.... any word on this??? I'd love to convert to LED
Old 07-08-2009, 05:32 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
That saturday came and went a few weeks ago.... any word on this??? I'd love to convert to LED
Sorry keep meaning to update. Yeah he said he just needs like 1 or 2 sets to get working on that won't be missed for a little bit. I started getting really stoked cause we took a look at my car and talked about it after walking out of Transformers in iMAX! So either I need to get my self a spare set ot give him or someone else needs to volenteer to let go of a set for a little bit so he can get the shape of the lense and where everything lines up. He said mostly he just needs the lense really but whole asembly helps to get fitment in there good. I"d like ot DEreflector mine and maybe even add in a strip of LEDs into the center bar of the trunk lid. Kinda NSX but I think it might update the look of the car a bit.
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 07-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

I definitely agree about clearing the back lights before doing the led's. If I had an extra set I'd totally give them up for this, but I'm still trying to afford all the recent maintenance I've had to do on my svx, currently I can't even get my trunk open, so that definitely needs to get fixed first before I can do anything.

I think we could get more people interested for sure, I think more a new thread with this basic idea behind it with a name more specific to the idea such as "LED Tail Lights" or something of the sort would peek more viewers and possibly a donor for the project. Just a thought.

I'd love to see this get off the ground, I already have way too many projects in the fire to attempt it. I'd also love to see someone who's done many LED conversions before take a wack at it.

Hope to hear more soon! right now I'll keep my fingers crossed while I finish my brakes get my trunk open and get to finishing my sound system and installing my hydra. Woot woot!
Old 07-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX

I've got a full set of all 5 rear lights 100% stock and in great shape.

I bought these years ago just for this purpose, but never got around to it.

If he is serious and ready to start working with them in the near future I can ship them out this week. Just PM his info.

All I ask is that at "some" point they are returned in the same condition (or converted ).

And maybe a discount too.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 07-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

damned comcast caused a double post!

Last edited by Johnybeas; 07-09-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post

If he is serious and ready to start working with them in the near future I can ship them out this week. Just PM his info.

All I ask is that at "some" point they are returned in the same condition (or converted ).

+1 lets get the ball rolling!
Old 07-10-2009, 06:12 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post

I'll get you some contact info for him. I"ll also see if he wants to join the forum to talk to people. I'll also talk to him about when.
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 07-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Teh Geek

Send a message via ICQ to nsm484 Send a message via AIM to nsm484 Send a message via Yahoo to nsm484
Registered SVX

This is starting to look Promising!

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally [Nori]

1996 LSi Polo Green [Calista] - 18" Konig Incident's - Lived for awhile Now Selling
1992 LSL Dark Teal [Yori] (Rear Ended, Donor to Calista, and now gone)
1992 LSL Ebony Mica (Sold to svxcuseme)
Old 07-10-2009, 10:13 PM

I've been considering converting my spare set to LED, I took a trip down to the big rig accessory shop in town for inspiration today. I was hoping to find some stuff with white LEDs, but only found amber and red. I grabbed a cheap amber one that I liked the configuration of. I need to get the tail lights apart to decide how I'm going to lay everything out.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:54 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

A little birdy told me that a one MacG sent off a spare set to have development start this winter. Maybe we should start a new thread for this specific tail light kit?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 09-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX

I heard that too.

I agree, at this point might be good to start a new thread specifically for C.A.'s development project. Leave this thread for more general taillight mod talk and ideas.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 09-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

I'm excited this is finally getting rolling, any possibility of using the technology to have the turn signals be on some sort of set up where instead of just blinking on and off we could have them light from inside out then go off and do it again. I've seen this on bullet bikes and think it'd be awesome. kind of similar to the kitt lights we saw in the grill light thread but not going all crazy, just being more functional.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Guys, what do you think about such a mod, where you only remove the outside red plastic and instead fabbing a FG cover and spray it red (while leaving the diffusers white). Imagine the taillights done like that (kinda the difference between the 350z red taillights and the JDM ones):

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:37 PM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
I'm excited this is finally getting rolling, any possibility of using the technology to have the turn signals be on some sort of set up where instead of just blinking on and off we could have them light from inside out then go off and do it again. I've seen this on bullet bikes and think it'd be awesome. kind of similar to the kitt lights we saw in the grill light thread but not going all crazy, just being more functional.
Yeah I've already talked with my LED budy about it. totally do able. Cause that's what I want on my SVX and for my turn signals all around on my GF.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 09-25-2009, 04:39 PM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Guys, what do you think about such a mod, where you only remove the outside red plastic and instead fabbing a FG cover and spray it red (while leaving the diffusers white). Imagine the taillights done like that (kinda the difference between the 350z red taillights and the JDM ones):

I'd like to see this once yuo get a cleaner image, but looks pretty good and sicne I'm basicly typing this form my trunk(laptop in truck like desk and seat behind car) I can picture this as a cool option.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis