SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2003, 01:02 PM
55FordTruck

My Beef with Celebrities

I know I'm gonna get it for saying this because I'm not American. I've noticed a few quotes that are out there (I'm not saying this to start any arguments but I realize it probably will). I'm not disagreeing with the person that posted it but the celebs that said it.

"The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German Army is sitting in Paris sipping coffee." --- Regis Philbin

"I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France!" ---Jay Leno

If we are going to use references from the past it should also be noted that France went to war against the British to help America gain it's independance (I wish Canada would have had the balls to get it's independance). In WW2 France had been occupied by Germany for 3-4 years before the US soldiers decided to help out.

It should also be noted that North Korea has weapons that are hundreds of time more deadly than anything Iraq has but we hear very little of it. I still don't know why.

I don't like how the Fench are handling this stuff. I also don't see why we can't just drop a bomb on Saddam's house and end it quickly. I'm also embarassed about how my country is handling this (by not even picking a side). We should be proving to France to join not preaching.

By the way, Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to anybody, GO CANADA!!!