Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Im REALLY addicted! CANT STOP!

Send a message via MSN to mysvxrocks Send a message via Yahoo to mysvxrocks
Re: For Sale: Radio Wiring Harnesses for SVX!!

I just hardwired the deck in. I dont plan on changing the deck out, so whatever, it worked lol. Thanks anyways! -Dennis

2006 Infra-Red Ford Focus ZX3 ~ 67k

No longer SVX'n, Ill always miss them!

1995 Polo Green LS-i ~ 95k
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~ 145k (04/91) #2231
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
Old 05-03-2009, 11:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Onetrack Send a message via AIM to Onetrack Send a message via MSN to Onetrack Send a message via Skype™ to Onetrack
Thumbs up Re: For Sale: Radio Wiring Harnesses for SVX!!

Hey all - just wanted to chime in here and say that I'm really happy with the harnesses which I purchased from SVXDC - quality is top notch, all is working perfectly.

I had originally picked up the stock stereo - mated it up to the reverse harness but it has some cold solder joints which are cracked (not surprising at all considering its pretty old) - picked up a really nice little JVC head unit and mated that to the forward harness with ease.

Stereo is sounding great now - all with svxdc's help - shipping was fast, he's done an amazing job with all the documentation - and he was right on top of my questions really quickly.

All in all - THANKS !
-One
Old 05-04-2009, 10:58 AM

I'll second that! I ordered one shortly after I bought my car, and I couldn't have been more pleased. From the quick ship time to the simplicity of the install, all was extremely smooth and my stereo works great!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysvxrocks View Post
I just hardwired the deck in. I dont plan on changing the deck out, so whatever, it worked lol. Thanks anyways! -Dennis
Noted for future reference when you try to sell the car with butchered wiring.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-04-2009, 12:55 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
Noted for future reference when you try to sell the car with butchered wiring.

Lee

Lee,

I noted that he sold the car already.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post

Lee,

I noted that he sold the car already.
damn...beat me to it.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:35 PM

will this work w/ an alpine iva d100 b/c im planning to install it on my svx later on and has dvd, gps and all basically i want but i dont want to have any problems installing it. thanks
Old 05-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsvx View Post
will this work w/ an alpine iva d100 b/c im planning to install it on my svx later on and has dvd, gps and all basically i want but i dont want to have any problems installing it. thanks
As far as the harness, yes it will. The Alpine will come with a harness that plugs into the HU. You'll join that up with my SVX harness to connect to the car's radio harness.

You should check that the flip-up screen on the Alpine will fit in the SVX dash. At the very least, it will definitely block the A/C controls. At worst, it may not protrude far enough out from the radio bay so that it can fold up vertical without hitting the dash above the radio.

I can't tell how far forward the display comes out, but here's the best picture I could find after a quick search (scroll down to see several other pics).
Old 05-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

David!

After drooling and wishing and waiting for the day when I'd actually need your harness.... that day is here.... I just bought a Pioneer AVIC F900bt WOOT! soo shall I go to your site to purchase my harness or would you prefer to send me a paypal invoice? or I can write you a check to kill paypal fees? you tell me and I'll do it! it will need to be shipped to

==J*** Beas*e*==
x#**********##x
*stalkerproofedited*
===============

Thanks!

Last edited by Johnybeas; 05-06-2009 at 02:20 PM. Reason: #C3Ns0r3D#
Old 05-06-2009, 10:19 PM

Registered SVX

I'm looking into getting an eclipse 5510 7" double din. I assume this harness would work well, does anyone see any troubles with the unit fitting in an svx?
Old 05-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXalter View Post
I'm looking into getting an eclipse 5510 7" double din. I assume this harness would work well, does anyone see any troubles with the unit fitting in an svx?
Depth-wise it will fit in the cage. You'll definitely have to notch or remove part of the rear of the cage.

It will be a challenge to slide the cage back into the dash with all of the wires hanging out the back. There won't be any easy way to coil them up behind the radio/cage. Perhaps you could tie some pull-strings to the various harnesses (with the other ends of the strings popping out in the foot wells) and pull the harnesses back into the openings where the antenna and car's radio harness go.

The display "tray" on that Eclipse may be a little too low. I think it will hit the bottom-left edge of the SVX's cover door as the tray extends out. The bottom of the tray needs to be about 1/2" to 9/16" (13 to 15 mm) up from the bottom of the cage to clear the corner of the SVX's door above the cigarette lighter.

The display looks like it would be OK once it's vertical, but you'll have to retract it whenever you need to access the disc slots. If you play stuff mostly off the USB port (and not CDs or DVDs), then that might not be so bad.

You could possibly "cheat" and push the SVX cover door down a little more while the display folds out. But you'd have to remember to do that every time.

Here are pictures on SonicElectronix (scroll down to the 3rd one)

Here's a better angle on Crutchfield's product page:

(click for larger image)

Last edited by SVXdc; 05-07-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:02 PM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc View Post
It will be a challenge to slide the cage back into the dash with all of the wires hanging out the back. There won't be any easy way to coil them up behind the radio/cage.
This is definitely the hard part. I had a heck of a time when I installed the WRX 6-disc unit in mine. David's wiring harness was the easiest part of the job. Make sure you test the unit before you put it all together again though. I had a bad splice (my fault) and had to rip it all back out again.

Quote:
Perhaps you could tie some pull-strings to the various harnesses (with the other ends of the strings popping out in the foot wells) and pull the the harnesses back into the openings where the antenna and car's radio harness go.
Good idea.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 05-07-2009, 06:33 PM

Registered SVX

Thanks for all the info! Very helpful. Hopefully I'll be picking up an svx either next week or the week after, so I don't know exactly how the stereo cover door works. Would it be possible to remove a spring or something that would allow it to drop down lower so it wouldn't interfere with the eclipse system's tray when it is open for disc use?

Oh and I haven't seen it yet but if the stereo is after market and has already been hardwired will the harness still be good to have?

Last edited by SVXalter; 05-07-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXalter View Post
... I don't know exactly how the stereo cover door works. Would it be possible to remove a spring or something that would allow it to drop down lower so it wouldn't interfere with the eclipse system's tray when it is open for disc use?
Not really. There's a stop you could remove to gain a tiny bit. Beyond that, the inside of the door hits the bottom of the cage, and the outside of the door will hit the cigarette lighter pod. You'd also have to remove the spring to keep the door from banging into either of those.

Here's a picture of the passenger side of the cage:

(click for larger image)
The stop is the black piece below the hinge pin.

The gear is always on the passenger side. So on RHDs it's on the left side.

Here's the opposite side on the UK RHD version (it would be the mirror image for LHD):

(click for larger image)
There are several more pictures of the cage in my SVX installation guide.

You'd be better off finding a HU that doesn't have that clearance problem (either has a tray that's higher up as I wrote earlier, or one where you plan to open/close the tray very infrequently). That Eclipse might actually fit, but you need to verify it before you're stuck with one.

You could also remove the cover door entirely, but that would leave an opening at the bottom that you'd need to dress up somehow.

Quote:
... if the stereo is after market and has already been hardwired will the harness still be good to have?
If they used vampire taps and the factory harness is still there, you can remove the taps and use my harness. If they snipped the factory harness, then you can either hard-wire the new HU's harness (which will shorten the factory wires a little more), or install my reverse harness to get it back to stock, and then use my forward harness to install the new HU.

Last edited by SVXdc; 10-25-2009 at 04:07 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:14 PM

Registered SVX

So where can I get the AUX input wiring for the 07' WRX style of Subaru head unit?
Kool Blue air filter, 4500k HID's, airbox mod, Hella horns, WRX 6 disc stereo, Infinity Reference and Clarion Pro Audio speakers, Infinity basslink sub, ECUtune Stage 1v5, ECUtune TCU, Power mode mod, Mad muffler mod v1.3

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: