Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension

Old 06-21-2013, 04:33 PM

Registered SVX
Cool coilover development/group buy ??

Hey guy so i asked a company about making a kit for the svx
dgr suspendion is their name
http://m.facebook.com/home.php?_rdr#...8150932540568? __user=592564062

http://www.dgrsuspension.com/mobile/default.aspx#Home

they replied to my email with

"Hi joel

We are glad to hear of the interest. We are always open to get new kits made. We would need a minimum of 15 cars interested. The cost would be $1099 for street and $1199 for track kits. Once we receive the order from you we can start production on them. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

DGR Sales Team

so is anyone keen for a group buy ? i think they are a US. or Canada based company
Old 06-21-2013, 05:55 PM

Re: coilover development/group buy ??

Their area code is Chicago..I read their descriptions of coilover kits..no real info as far as perch setup (dual adjustable or not), no mention of shock rebound/compression adj. features, Road Magnet Springs $300.00 extra !!..their stock "DRG" springs must be worth $200 for all 4 then, ...I get the feeling their strut mounts won't fit the SVX without some mods or you get stock mounts/no pillow mounts.

Pricing for a Group Buy of 15 equals what they are selling their present available setups for... they are fairly cheap but they need to tell potential buyers what they are getting..spring weights, mounts, adj. features or no, struts from ??? Pasted a post from the Ford Focus ST Forum from a fellow Aussie, posted 5/2013

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys,

I own a 2003 ST170. I purchased a few months ago a set of DGR coilovers for 03-05 focus (as stamped on box that arrived). Immediately i found the adjustable camber top spacing to be incorrect for my strut tower holes, so i sent them back assuming i got the wrong ones and im sent another set. Now this time around everything looked ok, i installed the fronts, aside from the fact the camber plates can't be accessed due to the too small a sized hole on the strut tower, but i can deal with that at the moment i just want these god damn things in...

So in go the rear, until the upper shock mount wasn't matching up, then the design of the spring cup seemed off. I basically packed it in, told the supplier this was yet again the wrong set and i want my money back to purchase something purpose built for the ST170. After too long arguing and *****ing, DGR wouldn't take them back and he was stuck with a set of used ford focus coilovers he had to sell for cost price to get rid of. Then he couldn't sell them....then im told he thinks they may very well fit if i give it another shot.

Sooo here i am, not wanting to potentially waste a day of my weekend, im wondering if anybody could confirm or deny with the photos below if these damn things will fit...

Last edited by fasteract7; 06-21-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:43 PM

Registered SVX
Re: coilover development/group buy ??

Ah ok
well scratch this idea then haha