Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2011, 02:59 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: Adjustable Rear Lateral Links

bump results? anyone else done these? impressions? sowise, dare I ask is the car done??
Old 02-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
bump results? anyone else done
these? impressions? sowise, dare I ask is the car done??
What kind of prices can you get on whiteline lateral links?
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5

Last edited by sicksubie; 02-19-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Whiteline Adjustable Lateral Links that fit the SVX come in pairs of Two with bushings part number KTA107 Retail of 323.36 a set, to do complete setup on the SVX you need two sets, I can do one set for 303.36 or two for 600 even.

Another Option is the Megan version part number 6153-RF also comes in a set of two for 199.00 a set or 398.0 for all four.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:35 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Ok, it looks like the Megan ones are sold in pairs of two, but not per-side. Part number 6153-RF is for the fronts, and costs around $170-190. 6153-RR is the rears, including the sway-bar attachment stuff, and costs around $250.

Does anyone know if I could just order two sets of the front, or are the bolt hole sizes where they attach to the subframe different sizes? Or will they work despite being different sizes (ie, the fronts have the larger bolt hole, and will accommodate the smaller rear bolt)?

Looks like that's what Tom did with the whiteline ones, just get two pairs of the fronts. Should work the same with the Megan ones, I would think. Would really like an answer, so I can order these and get my suspension wrapped up.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 09-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Gotta use the correct bushings and sleeves for the bolt locations
Tom
Old 10-01-2011, 12:56 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Gotta use the correct bushings and sleeves for the bolt locations
Tom
Thanks for taking the time to chime in! You never visit anymore...

So does that mean that I need to order a front set and a rear set? I have not had a look at the bolts in a really long time and I wasn't paying attention to the size and I'm not sure how they compare to the impreza ones, so I'm unsure of what the "correct" size would be in this case.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 10-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

You are going to need four front bars but the bars in the rear are adjustable via excentric bolts on the inside which have a wider diameter hole. Youbwill need tge rear bar bushings and sleeves to install into the front bars.... been too long to tell what comes in the kits anymore so ur gonna need to find out

Tom
Old 10-01-2011, 09:41 AM

Registered SVX

Ok, for the Megan ones, that means I need a pair of fronts and a pair of rears. The rears don't have the swaybar stuff permanently attached link the whiteline ones, and I don't really think I can get an extra bushing very easily. Thank you, Tom

For reference, the rears are on the left and the fronts are on the right.
Attached Images
File Type: png lateral links.png (139.4 KB, 922 views)

Old 10-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Nassir, have you installed the megans yet?
Old 10-02-2011, 11:49 PM

Registered SVX

Lol, you really don't check the forums often enough anymore. I just posted that like yesterday. Haven't even ordered them yet. I'll let you know when I get them on though.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Lol, I've been slammed with work. I admit, I have been neglecting the SVX community lol!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:21 AM

Registered SVX

Lateral links are on the car

They fit fine (Megan part numbers posted already). You do need front and rear pairs, because the holes for the bolts are different sizes. They don't quite seem bulletproof, but at least as strong as stock. We'll see, I don't have anything that crazy planned for them. They don't have as much travel as it looks like the whiteline ones do. The whiteline ones seem better, judging by the pics. Stronger, better adjustment and the system for adjustment. The megan ones look like they'd be real weak if you adjusted them to anywhere near as long as possible. So you could get about an extra 1/2 inch length out of each length, maybe more. Enough for some pretty aggressive settings I think.

Getting an alignment will be tricky I think. I'll give my assessment of the driveability, stiffness, etc once I've had time to drive around with them a bit.

Got pics, but they're on chuckls's phone, so one of us will post them eventually.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:53 AM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX

Do not judge, but this is the ONLY picture I have of the lateral links.. (which do sorta hurt when dropped on face)

Old 10-17-2011, 10:41 AM

Registered SVX

^thanks bro.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

More pictures of them installed completely?? Any geometry readings from an alignment rack?