Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension

Old 11-10-2009, 04:38 PM

Re: List of Suspension upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
I have nothing to weld with and am already swamped with work as it is.

I don't know if you have seen my posts but, I'm fiberglassing sub enclosures, running a viper alarm system (which is having issues), doing clear headlights with halos (clear corners are done), rebuilding a WRX tranny for another member, blue conversion(still waiting on a few led's), and trying to figure out why my car just randomly stalled and won't start up. Not to mention working and going to school full time. And once those are done I plan to fab up a new cold air intake with another member.

So if I could squeeze anymore in there without a heart attack... I totally would.

I hope you see my reluctance to take on anything else right now.

10 bucks sounds peachy to me

Well, lucky you no welding is required, and the hardest part was when I called the place and ordered them. It's literally much easier than any other project that you're doing right now. lol Not to bash, but people don't realize that all that is required is going online and doing a bit of research, and then just ordering parts and installing them!

And it's not like you're the only one doing other stuff like that right now. I have to install 4 struts on a car, finish my 4.11 tranny swap, I run a detailing business after "normal" work hours, rewire and 5-sp swap my probe, the last month or so I've been working about 50 hours a week, and on top of that I have regular activities planned 3 nights a week besides detailing!

Sorry, don't take that as venting; just trying to explain that some things actually ARE easy, and with minimal research the correct part can be purchased at a reasonable price and installed very easily. -On top of whatever else it is that you're doing!

And if you were around here, I would definitely help you fab up a cold air intake. Which reminds me, I have another full CAI design (tb to filter) that I'd like to try out... Mwa ha haaa!!

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

nice nice ya, for some reason my SVX won't start so i'm very angy I've got an idea that I think will look clean and be quite functional, I'm not sure how many parts I wanna break it into since I don't need a maf now...but not to jack my own thread lol suspension suspension suspension lol that's my spring semester I'll do some research and give it a shot then if it's so easy.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
nice nice ya, for some reason my SVX won't start so i'm very angy I've got an idea that I think will look clean and be quite functional, I'm not sure how many parts I wanna break it into since I don't need a maf now...but not to jack my own thread lol suspension suspension suspension lol that's my spring semester I'll do some research and give it a shot then if it's so easy.

Sorry man, I'm not trying to pick on you. What I was saying before came off pretty heavy as me being mad or something, which I'm not.

I was just trying to get the point across that sometimes things really aren't that hard! And I'd be happy to do a group buy or something for front endlinks sometime, but just not at the moment.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Ok so I'm making up my list of suspension parts to fully upgrade my suspension and I'm curious... what do those camber bolts do for your suspension?
Old 12-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Camber bolts will allow you to get more negative camber than you can with the stock bolts. Not a whole lot more, but worth the investment. NB - in stock configuration, the SVX has no rear camber adjustment, so aftermarket bolts are necessary to get any negative camber.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 12-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
Camber bolts will allow you to get more negative camber than you can with the stock bolts. Not a whole lot more, but worth the investment. NB - in stock configuration, the SVX has no rear camber adjustment, so aftermarket bolts are necessary to get any negative camber.
-Bill
ahah! so i see lol, I still think you or nevin need to start producing the front swaybars too! I'm going to be a lucky owner of one of the rear ones soon though
Old 12-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
ahah! so i see lol, I still think you or nevin need to start producing the front swaybars too! I'm going to be a lucky owner of one of the rear ones soon though
The front bar is a whole different kettle of fish
It has to thread through the front subframe so, by necessity, it's at least a two piece design (mine is a three piece set up). Splining the end of a rod is not an inexpensive activity, not to mention that you have to do a complementary internal spline to the arm that attaches. I'm definitely "in" to work with Nevin on the bar design if he decides to pursue a front bar offering!
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 12-19-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
The front bar is a whole different kettle of fish
It has to thread through the front subframe so, by necessity, it's at least a two piece design (mine is a three piece set up). Splining the end of a rod is not an inexpensive activity, not to mention that you have to do a complementary internal spline to the arm that attaches. I'm definitely "in" to work with Nevin on the bar design if he decides to pursue a front bar offering!
-Bill
Yeah, it's way more complex. It's cost would be much higher and effects would not be as noticeable. I currently have no plans to pursue making a front bar.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

I definitely see much greater need for the rear, just was curious what all it entailed and if it was something we may see in the near future. I really appreciate what you guys have done figuring out all this stuff! I'm still learning!
Old 12-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
I definitely see much greater need for the rear, just was curious what all it entailed and if it was something we may see in the near future. I really appreciate what you guys have done figuring out all this stuff! I'm still learning!
Get one of Nevin's rear bars, go with the Koni/GC coil over set up, aftermarket camber bolts front and back, and get better bushings for the stock front bar. I think you'll be very happy with the results. A larger front bar only factors in if you're really pushing the car.
-Bill

My Locker
Old 12-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Get one of Nevin's rear bars, go with the Koni/GC coil over set up, and get better bushings for the stock front bar. I think you'll be very happy with the results. A larger front bar only factors in if you're really pushing the tires.
-Bill
fixt it fur ya!!

Tom
Old 12-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX

So I just did a search for "poly diff bushings" and "differential bushings" and came up with nothing I need to replace mine, as it clunks pretty well when you back up Who is the guy on the board who has those????
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta
Old 12-27-2009, 03:00 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondasucks View Post
So I just did a search for "poly diff bushings" and "differential bushings" and came up with nothing I need to replace mine, as it clunks pretty well when you back up Who is the guy on the board who has those????
Are your differential bushings broken/worn out?
A 15 minute mod will help the life of good bushings.

Or upgraded bushings for that matter.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 12-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
fixt it fur ya!!

Tom
Thank you , thank you very much Oh, and Hondasucks, the thread for the rear diff bushings is here => http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ntial+bushings
-Bill

My Locker

Last edited by SVXRide; 12-27-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX

Looks like he's out :-( I did find a thread about some inserts, mine aren't completely rotted out so maybe the inserts would work...
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta