Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-15-2002, 09:24 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
All mixed up

I'm all mixed up about street racing. I cruise, but don't race anymore. Mainly cuz my car's not fast enough to win em all, secondly because I gotta take care of the tranny, and thirdly because it's illegal. Cruisin' is pretty big in Alb. City recentlt made it a ticketable offence to go up and down the cruisin street more than 2 times in 3 hours. Now, that sucks for guys like me who drive the speed limit ONLY on the strip on Friday and Saturday nights . But, to be honest, I've never felt in danger cruisin...even when I was being raced around. Every once in a while there's the completely stupid kid out there who makes very risk moves, but I honestly see more of those people just driving around. I don't know if it's different where y'all are, but here you take off from the light, hit the limit or 5+, then back off. The only real danger I see is pissin a guy off and havin him follow you home cuz your car is faster than his. So, I'm not gonna condemn street racing, I'm gonna condemn stupidity. Lots of you see no difference, so I guess you'll just have to not like me and never speak to me again
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 05-16-2002, 07:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
svx10

cruzing is or was huge down here in orlando also , but cops got on them hard, theres 2 diffrent types the people who show off there car and a group that races,, both have alot of people at times, , ether way cops are asses bought it, u cant have any fredom any more wheres the democracy here, LOL ,, a svx is not the ideal race car, too expensive to fix as u said, and doesnt hold its own against street racers thats why i wach or ride with a freind the svx is a verry unique car ,, and gets its looks stock and still somewhat fast.. well svx10- whenever im up that way u have to show me around,