Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northeast Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange179 View Post
I'm going to try hard to make it to the meet this Saturday. Maybe I'll integrate it with camping up north somewhere for the night...I dunno. I usually work on Saturdays at the garage but for an SVX meet I might just take the day off.

My car is certainly not what I'd call "meet quality" but I like to go anyway. Hey, with 260K+ miles what do you expect, right?

The Rest Area is between northbound exits 18 and 19.

Has anyone decided which route will be taken for the drive? I s'pose it doesn't matter too much to me if I take the day off.

I have a pair of inexpensive single channel FRS radios that we can use on the road if needed. I'll get in touch with a buddy of mine who has a silver '92 in Exeter and see if he wants to go as well. I don't think he's a member here.

Jay

Hello Jay,

Great to hear from you! Thank you very much for enlightening all of us about where the rest area is - I don't know the road THAT well, and the maps won't tell me, no matter how many times I ask them...!

Don't worry, my car only has 116k and isn't meet quality compared to these other ones. If only I wasn't on such a budget...

The route we'll take will be decided when we get there. The first post outlines the options. Personally, I want to do the long one...

The radio's are a nice sentiment, and you should probably bring them just in case. But so far we've communicated via phone if theres an emergency or the like, and its worked well. I prefer the "follow the leader" method, and we pick a time frame to stop for whatever it is that is needed, and just trust person in front to pick a good stop. If there's mutiny and someone or multiple people have a reason to disagree, we hop back in the car and try again - probably with a new leader!

Let me know if your friend from Exeter is coming when you find out, so I can post up an updated list of who's coming.

Craig

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 09-27-2007, 09:19 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange179 View Post
I'm going to try hard to make it to the meet this Saturday. Maybe I'll integrate it with camping up north somewhere for the night...I dunno. I usually work on Saturdays at the garage but for an SVX meet I might just take the day off.

My car is certainly not what I'd call "meet quality" but I like to go anyway. Hey, with 260K+ miles what do you expect, right?

The Rest Area is between northbound exits 18 and 19.

Has anyone decided which route will be taken for the drive? I s'pose it doesn't matter too much to me if I take the day off.

I have a pair of inexpensive single channel FRS radios that we can use on the road if needed. I'll get in touch with a buddy of mine who has a silver '92 in Exeter and see if he wants to go as well. I don't think he's a member here.

Jay
Hey are 92 wingless right? Works right off exit 9 on RT27? If yes I've seen him a couple times on the road. But yeah quality of the cars condition isn't the key on this run it's mostly just getting people together. Craig's BADLY needs to get painted. You'll see what I mean when you show up(not if but when).
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 09-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Detail today dyno tomorrow, cruise on saturday.....
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 09-27-2007, 12:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphinwolf View Post
Hey are 92 wingless right? Works right off exit 9 on RT27? If yes I've seen him a couple times on the road. But yeah quality of the cars condition isn't the key on this run it's mostly just getting people together. Craig's BADLY needs to get painted. You'll see what I mean when you show up(not if but when).
Hey! A good portion of the cars paint is ok... there are just some glaringly gross spots on it. But, I got the paint! I went to Robbins and had them custom mix it, then I gotta fix the rust on the doors and paint then and the wing. I fixed the paint on the window trim panels, you'll see what I mean at our meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
Detail today dyno tomorrow, cruise on saturday.....
Nice, I like it. Can't wait to see those dyno results...

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Still a member

Send a message via ICQ to strange179 Send a message via AIM to strange179 Send a message via Yahoo to strange179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphinwolf View Post
Hey are 92 wingless right? Works right off exit 9 on RT27?
Yeah, his is wingless. I'm not sure exactly where in Exeter he works though. He's got black 17" wheels for the summer and snows on his stock wheels in the winter. I think we'll both be able to make it.

Jay

Black '92 LSl 270Kmi 5MT (W00t! for 1/4 million on 4/27/07)
Laguna Blue '94 L about 130Kmi (I think) for parts, in storage
previous: Green '92 LSl 253Kmi 5MT (sold to ron post moose adventure, sold to someone else)
previous: Maroon '92 LSl 130Kmi +- (sold to Ron, mashed by moose, crushed)
Black '89 XT6 5spd AWD (storage)
Old 09-27-2007, 10:42 PM

1.ridered777
2.Seraphinwolf
3.sicksubie
4.speedklix
5. Strange179
6. Strange179's friend with a Silver SVX...

Old 09-28-2007, 11:25 PM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridered777 View Post
1.ridered777
2.Seraphinwolf
3.sicksubie
4.speedklix
5. Strange179
6. Strange179's friend with a Silver SVX...
Sounds fing sweet. See you all in like 8-9 hours.(stayed up a little late watching movies and a little drinking)....... J/K like I said a little. Anyone that needs to call tomarrow my cell should be in my sig. Any problems just give someone a call.
-Gaddis
(edit: Note to self cell not in sig. here 603-303-7439)
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 09-29-2007, 12:41 AM

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
I may be screwed for this now. I changed my oil this evening after my dyno pulls today. Also decided to put the bigger pulley on at the same time. When I was swapping the belts I noticed my alternator bracket was cracked. Loosening the assembly made it crack further and fall off. I now have no alternator on my car. I have spent the last 6 hours now trying to fab a new one but to no avail. I am getting up very early and taking the cracked bracket to a garage and I am going to have them weld it back. Then Reinstall my alternator shower and leave. So, I may be late but I will be there if I can get this fixed.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 09-29-2007, 02:59 AM

Quote:
I may be screwed for this now. I changed my oil this evening after my dyno pulls today. Also decided to put the bigger pulley on at the same time. When I was swapping the belts I noticed my alternator bracket was cracked. Loosening the assembly made it crack further and fall off. I now have no alternator on my car. I have spent the last 6 hours now trying to fab a new one but to no avail. I am getting up very early and taking the cracked bracket to a garage and I am going to have them weld it back. Then Reinstall my alternator shower and leave. So, I may be late but I will be there if I can get this fixed.
Sorry to hear about the misfortune. We will wait. Speedklix might be showing up a bit late due to an "unexpected delivery". We'll just talk about all the important stuff before you guys show up...

Do get there as soon as you can... I need ample time to drool over your engine bay and think about how to swipe that compressor on top of your intake without you noticing... >.>

Old 09-29-2007, 05:15 AM

Got a place to weit for me but they cant't do it till between 8 and 8:30. I am going to sleep for a few minutes until then then go have them do it. The garage is only about 10 minutes away so I should be back by 8:30 and should be able to leave around 9-915. That would put me at the rest stop at about 10:30-10:40
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 09-29-2007, 05:49 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Quote:
HOLY CRAP?! I hate it when things like that happen. They never happen like on a day off that you were gone work on the car anyways or something. Always ALWAYS when you have plans or have to head to work. Well lateness is not a problem.
Hey Craig yeah I'll meet you over at the mall if you want before heading up 93. Give a call once you pick up your phone.
See y'all there.
-Gaddis

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 09-29-2007, 07:18 AM

done!!!!!!!!!!!! I am leaving in 10 minutes
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 09-29-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
done!!!!!!!!!!!! I am leaving in 10 minutes

You sure? We waited till quarter after 12, at which point everyone was getting restless for having been at a reststop for 2 hrs with nothing to do... sorry. We hoped you would call Gaddis to let us know if something was up (or something to that affect), but to no avail.

Well that being said, it was a pretty successful cruise - even though only 2/3's of the people made it. I got a TON of pictures, mainly all of the same thing, the cars on the Kangamangus taking turns with the foliage. I'll do an initial dump of the ones that are horrible/out of focus, put the rest on simplepic.net and get the linky up here as well as in Huck's calender page for everyone to look at.

Had a great time guys, hope to do it again, with less tiredness from working 11pm-5am two nights and no sleep for many many moons.

My thoughts for the next trip would be early November, Rt. 100 into VT. When I start getting details hammered out I'll start a new thread.

Craig

Old 09-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Locker Link Solution

Wish I read this sooner.

I've been at the garage all day, we got the keys at about noon, but it still wasn't much help. We were gonna start dragging it, but I had a hard time scratching up the underside of someone elses car. ...even if it was already a mess. I got most of it back together, just need a tie rod and a wheel&tire (you should see this thing)... it's enough to move it around now.

I took the exhaust off the SVX and tweaked with it a bit. Sits in the car a little better now, but the driver tail pipe now is cocked to the side I can't win today. I'm gonna go back to mess with the trim/sound system in a bit. Gonna rip out the old legacy head unit that i was using on the "temp"... and install the carputer i had in my other legacy.

I hope sicksubie is okay. Given my situation, I would have gladly thrown my welder in the leg and helped him out in exchange for riding shotgun. I should have read this thread before heading over to the shop this morning
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?

Last edited by Speedklix; 09-29-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:04 PM

I called the phone number that you left in my PM box and it got me some old guy. My car shredded it's belts 5 miiles down the road. I would have been there at 10:30ish but....... Murphy's law for me I guess
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5