Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 05-03-2007, 01:10 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
I do not truly believe I fit into any one category.

I do believe methamphetamines are a big problem. It is up here, and there have been recent campaigns against it.

I do not believe substance abuse and mental deviation are closely related, so while an addict must first seek help, someone whom cannot see the bigger picture, say a man with the mind of a child, should be persuaded into help. I do not know for sure how to help a person like this, as I was merely of a rebellious anti-authority nature, but I do know no help at all is no help at all, and that is a sad thing.

--
This topic is somewhat varied and in my quest to dissolve misinformation I am using this post to bring to light a fact that is important to me, about the VT shooter.
He did not play video games to anyone's knowledge, and a search warrant of his possessions found none.
I don't want to drift too much in this direction so Captain Stern will tell you all about it here.
Jack Thompson and even Dr. Phil had a part in spreading this rumor, and I'm sure it has reached everywhere by now.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:19 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser
I can remember when the school I attended had a 'RIFLE' team! If the ATF would have checked my 64 Buick wagon, I might STILL be in jail! ( using todays standards), I had enough fire-power to slay 1/2 of the graduating class.. But, somehow, The THOUGHT NEVER occured to me!
No kidding, I used to keep a mossberg 500 in the trunk (pre-CCW) because I was a magnet for trouble. Fortunately I never had to use it, but hey if I did that now and got pulled over.....yeah...

Quote:
I recieved a 'questionare' from the school board last month.

I asked that ARMED security be placed in ALL schools, since the only way to STOP a madman with a gun is to SHOOT him! ( dead)

Ted Nugent has the right idea. ( an old Rocker, for the gangsta rap croud)

He says that every (10th) person should be 'deputised' and put through a training course with the weapon of choice and given a 'carry' permit.
Then we would NOT have colin furgisons cross-examining his SURVIVORS on the witness stand in some court house in New York, after he shot 27 people on the train! Odds are, that ONE of the 27, would have been one of the 10, that would have dispatched that MAGGOT when he fired the first round!
Honestly, I can't take either side on this matter because I can't vouch for other people. I'm not so sure that having more people carrying guns or not having people carrying guns would solve the problem. However, I do believe that the responsibility for ensuring your own safety is through your own hands. I do not project the responsibility to 3rd parties and empower them to do as they please to give me that 'sense' or 'illusion' of security.

I have a CCW and I carry. Unknown to my previous employers, I carried while at work. I do not carry to places where it's illegal to have them like court houses and federal/state buildings.

Sure having one on you won't guarantee that it'll protect you, but your chances are slightly favored if you are aware and are prepared to react to whatever you may encounter.

Quote:
As the resident, self proclaimed, REDNECK of this site, I see MERIT in the idea! Look at how many taxpayer, ( which I are one), $$$$$$$$$$$$ would be saved if he would have taken a FATAL round that day of the massacre!

O.K. LIBERALS, convince me that it's better if those poor mis-guided people get 3 hots and a cot, cable TV, and free medical care for years, rather than a 44 MAGNUM round carefully placed between the EYES!

We have a 'FLAME-THROWER" radio show, ( fortunatlly, they only push 25K watts), that 'advised' parents to remove their children from the school when a 'lock-down' happens..
I was INSIDE the school when a 'shooting' happened last week. It was 2 blocks away, and it was between 2 CRACK HEADS.
I think the woman should be sentenced to 40 HOURS on the range, so she can put one through the maggots forehead, instead of the right hand, where the round landed.
I don't have much to comment on this. It's a matter of opinion. Sh** happens.

Quote:
This world is getting more 'unpredictable' by the day. I think that anyone that has a brain should ARM themselves. I am sitting next to 5,000 rounds and 9 weapons. I will not go looking for victims, but will use every round to DEFEND my family.
The world has always been unpredictable. People have just been ignorant to it.

Quote:
I have a tow dolly, that sits along a busy highway. Noone has tried to steal it because the dolly has a 'RUGER' trigger lock on it. I guess that means that the trigger lock is NOT on the Ruger...... and that assumption is correct! If your Ruger has a trigger lock on it, you are better off with the claw hammer!!!
Well the claw hammer was just there cause I leave a few helpful tools in the car. Honestly, I don't think that if someone wanted to kill someone (sane or not) a claw hammer would be the weapon of choice. There's so many other ways of doing it, but that won't be what the campus cops would have in mind if someone reports my car parked in a school parking lot with a claw hammer in plain view.

I still think they should remove the restriction of not having firearms within 1000 feet of schools (since universities also fall into that category).

Last edited by Noir; 05-03-2007 at 01:22 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:33 AM
Network Design Administrator

who needs to draw a map... just it.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX
who needs to draw a map... just it.
you know, come to think of it. if you've been attending that school for xyz years....why would you have to draw a map unless you plan to do something more than just shoot a bunch of people? shouldn't you know the layout from exposure?

unless you're relaying the information to someone else who might assist you in some way to launch something more sinister.....googling it for directions would be more than sufficient.

i still think we should monitor all the people who's even considered buying microsoft flight simulator and people who flap their arms around wildly trying to mimic birds (cause you know if they strap themselves up with bombs, they may be able to flap into a building you know). lol
Old 05-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
i still think we should monitor all the people who's even considered buying microsoft flight simulator and people who flap their arms around wildly trying to mimic birds (cause you know if they strap themselves up with bombs, they may be able to flap into a building you know). lol

i'll have you know that there are no sinister motives behind my flapping. after my propeller-hat arrives from eBay, i'm pretty sure i will achieve flight.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 05-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
i'll have you know that there are no sinister motives behind my flapping. after my propeller-hat arrives from eBay, i'm pretty sure i will achieve flight.
Propellor-hat?? Sounds cool. Or at least it would keep your ears cool.

Only achieving flight now Alan? I figured with the amount of hot air in some of your posts, you had to be already up there with the Hindenburgs and the Goodyears

Joe

Flapping furiously into the distance in a flame suit....
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 05-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
after my propeller-hat arrives from eBay
Is this the one you got?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Propeller-Beanie...QQcmdZViewItem
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)
Old 05-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Facts?

It would actually be interesting to know the true facts in this case just to see how far they vary from the truth. I seriously doubt that the police confiscated a hammer. There is also mention of swords---were they really involved and is that what the police confiscated---hard to tell.

Anyway one blogger did make good point:

6 J Williamson - Apr 30, 01:56 pm
We put our administrators in a “no win” situation. Take pre-emptive action and you are over-reacting and stomping on individual’s rights. Take no action and something tragic happens and you will be crucified for not taking prudent precautions. Welcome to the world we now live in.

Just think of how VT was accused of NOT taking actions.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-03-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
It would actually be interesting to know the true facts in this case just to see how far they vary from the truth. I seriously doubt that the police confiscated a hammer. There is also mention of swords---were they really involved and is that what the police confiscated---hard to tell.

Anyway one blogger did make good point:

6 J Williamson - Apr 30, 01:56 pm
We put our administrators in a “no win” situation. Take pre-emptive action and you are over-reacting and stomping on individual’s rights. Take no action and something tragic happens and you will be crucified for not taking prudent precautions. Welcome to the world we now live in.

Just think of how VT was accused of NOT taking actions.

Lee
Yeah Lee that's the problem. I never faulted the VT, the police, or the counselors involved with that kid. That, in my opinion, falls into the s*** happens bin which fell through the cracks. There's no way to safeguard from incidents like **** short of installing a chip in our heads.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
This may sound harsh to some, but if some of those kids had not let themselves be overcome with panic and fear they might have stopped him before he was able to rampage.
I for one would run at a crazy guy with guns if it meant preventing a massacre.
Chances are you are going to die in that situation anyways and you can either die heroically or live in regret.

As many of those commenters said, I do not believe "the world we live in" has changed much recently and saying it has is nothing but a copout for extremeist action.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S.
This may sound harsh to some, but if some of those kids had not let themselves be overcome with panic and fear they might have stopped him before he was able to rampage.
I for one would run at a crazy guy with guns if it meant preventing a massacre.
Chances are you are going to die in that situation anyways and you can either die heroically or live in regret.

As many of those commenters said, I do not believe "the world we live in" has changed much recently and saying it has is nothing but a copout for extremeist action.
See "Let's ROLL" in the 911 archives. That was the last words a woman heard out of her husband just before the plane went down about 30 miles northwest of here. How many lives were spared because those guys put it down in a cornfield?
If the creeps that took over the plane had known of a place that I know of near here, The crater would have taken up 3 communities and taken thousands of lives!
One day I was at a convienience store. A 6'6" blond guy about 240# was asking where this place was, ( with a HEAVY RUSSIAN accent), I told him that I had NEVER heard of it.......
One of our 'local' MP's was the whistle blower on the iraq prison thing. a FRENCH reporter was on scene, interviewing locals. He asked " what is it with this region that causes people to act that way"? My buddy wanted to bust the puke in the mouth and tell him, " IT's IN THE WATER"
I guess we have been breathing fumes from missle testing too long.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 05-04-2007, 06:34 AM

Quote:
I can remember when the school I attended had a 'RIFLE' team!
We had a rifle range in my high school's basement on which we used .22 target rifles in Army ROTC, and two years of ROTC was mandatory for all guys. (We drilled -- twice per week, in full uniform -- with M-14s, sans firing pins.) And this was a public school.

dcb

Edit: Even back then, "assault rifles" were something of an issue. We each were assigned an M-14 and had to memorize the serial number, and were warned of grave consequences should the weapon go missing. When not in use, the remained under lock and key in the armory.

Last edited by dcarrb; 05-04-2007 at 06:47 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: