Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-26-2005, 11:13 PM

Gotta love em'

I love cars. I love Japanese cars. I love Subaru's. I love my SVX. I've had three cars in my life. The first two were Chevy's, and I hated them. I had a 92 Lumina that was actually really fun to drive, but fell apart immediately and ended up in the junk yard after one year of driving it. Total transmission faliure at 104,000 miles. Door handles broke off. Speakers blew out. A/C went to hell. Peice of garbage. Then I inherited a 98 S10 Pick-up. What a peice. It was horribly underpowered, had awful handling, poor mileage, spun out in the rain with the upmost ease, just a complete waste of metal. But, i took care of it, it was all I had. Still, there was at least one major repair every month. Got rid of it, got some sense, and bought an SVX.

It's all so clear now. For the first time, I am driving a car with an inherent quality; it was built with purpose, it was built to be driven. And look good at the same time. The original owner of my 92 LS-L (there was only one) must have taken EXCELLENT care of this car. It has 195,xxx miles, and runs perfect. When I bought it, not a single thing could be found as flaw. It honest to God looked as if it just rolled out of the factory. Beautiful car. I don't know how he did it. In the few months I've had it, I got in two fender benders (very minor), some asshole keyed it, three of the six headlights burned out (WTF?), and the check engine light comes on at 50 MPH. Also, cruise control went out. I think I just have ****ty luck with cars. But I swear I'm gonna have everything repaired ASAP! Don't worry!

Here's the thing I want to know... Does anyone have more miles than I do on an SVX? Can you beat 195,000?

I'm sorry, the rest was just babble. I just want to know who holds the record.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:10 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I have 215,000 miles but there are a few other members with many more.
I think Randy is around 215k now
Doug has over 230k
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeson86
...three of the six headlights burned out (WTF?), and the check engine light comes on at 50 MPH. Also, cruise control went out.
- Check the voltage being put out by your alternator. A loose battery terminal may cause a poor connection causing the alternator to put out more voltage to compensate burning out bulbs among other things.

There is a method to pull the trouble code yourself on http://svx-iw.com/ in the codes section.

The cruise is usually one of 2 things - either the button on the dash may need a couple presses before the light stays on or else the hose under the hood came off.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:11 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Ive heard of someone making it with over 200 k with the original tranny. Ive also heard of someone having a 300k SVX.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 03-29-2005, 12:17 AM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
Quote:
Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
Ive also heard of someone having a 300k SVX.
Yeah, I even saved that pic. Don't remember who's it was though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg svx 300k rollover.jpg (128.3 KB, 106 views)

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker