Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-13-2004, 03:52 AM
Peach

like a SVX

check this out...

I have a one car SVX garage, the other day I was turning on and off the key switch "ignition" and while it was confined in the small 12 by 20 garage I could hear something cycling and I don't mean thje usuall fuel pump sound or switch type of sound ... this sucker had it's own sound like a gurgiling like the fuel pump "in tank of course" was gaspin or suckin like well the darndest noise yet but had it not been for the acoustics of the garage would never been heard at all. To let u know I have been doing cars for a while...last year I completed my son's 1972 chev chevelle I built it my self after master machine work... it has the 350/ 350 thing with 10/1 pistons... anyway for all us curious SVXers what was the gurgling sound? After 5 or 6 cycles of the on/ off key thing it stopped like something had pressureized? Once again not a typical fuel pump or gauge noise, but a new mysterious noise in that 12 by 20 ... well how's that And I am somewhat still excited by yet another noise. My surmise? a fuel pressure regulator retuning un-spent gas back to the tank.