Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-26-2003, 08:04 PM
arondale

NEW SVX Site! - This one is sure to generate traffic.

Hi,

I'm developing a new high-level SVX site. I am including helpful articles, such as SVX upkeep, preventive maintenance, and mods. You must supply pictures, and a description of the mod and what results it yeilds. Respond to this post if you are interested and we can coordinate something. You will be given full credit, of course, to the article you would like to work on...as well as a link to your website (if you have one).

Did I mention this website is in FLASH?

If you want to see some of my web design before you commit, check out www.nopi.com, www.badbenz.com, www.collardgreen.com, www.pixeltitans.com

arondale
Old 11-26-2003, 09:17 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Thumbs up Re: NEW SVX Site! - This one is sure to generate traffic.

Quote:
Originally posted by arondale

Did I mention this website is in FLASH?
Cool

I have stopped maintaining my site a while back. It's still there but it's shifting into more of a modification log now. I like flash as long as it's not too much. I have done flash sites before and it could be useful

I once saw a flash/dhtml site that looked/acted like a frontend for a MacOs and a unix xwindows. Those were creative.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-26-2003, 09:53 PM
arondale

I generally create static pages all day long. The site is going to be in flash b/c that's what I like creating in, useful or not. Flash is generally more appealing and I agree, should not be overdone

I like your red guage lights, though it looks like the lights are not evenly lighted (some parts much more red than others). Maybe it is the pic. I really like the howto as well, but you never displayed the final product (blue guages). Have a pic?

I would like to include that howto into my site, giving you credit of course. To you have the original images without the photoshop circles? I'd like to make my own.

Thx,
Arondale
Old 11-27-2003, 08:26 AM

Red Gauge dials (or blue or white) is easy to do. However, if you look at your green, they are un-even to. The reason behind it is the placement of lights in the dials. There are only 3 big lights in there and they are placed in such a way that they don't light up really well.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 11-27-2003, 09:16 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
Red Gauge dials (or blue or white) is easy to do. However, if you look at your green, they are un-even to. The reason behind it is the placement of lights in the dials. There are only 3 big lights in there and they are placed in such a way that they don't light up really well.

L
Maybe you should have Put some different bulbs in, retrofitted LED's or something? I mean your car is out of commission so its probably actually worth the time, thats how i am right now with it stored, i can take my time.

Great news on the site. I took a 20 some pics of every step of doing brake rotors and never got around to making a FAQ so if youd like them your welcome to them.
phil
Old 11-27-2003, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phast SVX

Maybe you should have Put some different bulbs in, retrofitted LED's or something? I mean your car is out of commission so its probably actually worth the time, thats how i am right now with it stored, i can take my time.
phil
I have a good feeling I am going to go all out on this car. I am slowly starting life in the car but in different places. I am currently working on the front end infortainment control and dash redesign. I am going to re-mold the dash in fiberglass and such and re-wire the equiptments. I got some of that done already.

The thing with LEDs is that they have very narrow field of vision for the light. I am looking for LEDs with a lense on top to spread the light around. Also, I am looking for the front lights so that I can redo the lights in similear way JDM lights are done with parking lights as well.

Check the webpage:

www.stars-gazer.com/~svxais

L