How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2003, 04:33 PM
gcookaustin

Unhappy Speeding Ticket - But date to appear in court is incorrect (can I get out of this?)

I just got a speeding ticket today while borrowing a friend's car. I had been driving for about two minutes when I got onto the Interstate. I hadn't been going but a mile or so when I got pulled over for doing a 75 in a 55 (The officer paced me). I'm thinking of arguing that, since I was unfamiliar with my friend's car, I wasn't used to its handling and in trying to accelerate and merge on the interstate I wasn't watching my speed. Also, on the ticket the court date is written as "Fri the 21 day of Dec 2003." The 21st day of December is a Sunday. I'm assuming that the correct date is the 12th, but I'm not sure how to play dumb and show up on the 21st without having had a warrant out for my arrest. Any ideas?

Also, does the Manual button change up the torque applied to the front/rear, or just lock out first gear?

Thanks,
Old 11-23-2003, 04:47 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I would say that you should call the courthouse to get the correct date for your case. And if you show up and give the judge the same story, you'll probably get out of the points, but not the fine.

So I would say it's worth it.

As for the manual button, it has absolutely nothing to do with torque split, as far as I know.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 11-23-2003, 05:38 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Personally if I were you I'd "go" to court on the 21st then show up the next day complaining that no one else was there.
Old 11-23-2003, 07:06 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally posted by benebob
Personally if I were you I'd "go" to court on the 21st then show up the next day complaining that no one else was there.
Ditto

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 11-23-2003, 07:07 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Iv been there and done that....just ended up paying the ticket.
The Cop didnt fill out any of the ticket right and he gave me and outrageous fine but it was bout 100 miles away from home so i ended up just paying the thing instead of driving back to fight the ticket on the corrected court date.
Old 11-23-2003, 07:43 PM
The Croupier

Look in the Yellow pages & call a few lawers, I had one in the late 90's that could get allmost any speeding ticket tossed.
It's all in knowing the law IE: radar calibrations ,Odometer Cal cop cars most recent spedometer certifaction ( thigs like that have to be recertified every so often by law ) and these along with out properly filling out the ticket are things A $100-$200 lawer can take advantage of and have tossed .
My lawer had 5 other people there with me & all 6 where dissmised.
The cops & the courts count on you going in & taken a * PLEA *So they still get ya. But the courts are clogged & those lawers are out there for you if the cost is worth the price of the ticket & points thats what i would do.

Haven't had a ticket in 4 years KNOCK ON EVERYTHING
03 Yamaha V-star custom /classic 3k
Old 11-24-2003, 10:20 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
I recieved a ticket for going 755mph in a 55. Yes, it was with the SVX.

- Rob
Old 11-24-2003, 10:54 AM
The Croupier

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
I recieved a ticket for going 755mph in a 55. Yes, it was with the SVX.

- Rob
Perhaps its just me but I think even I could get out of a 700 MPH over the limit ticket.
Are you sure you where not riding in a stolen Delorean ?
03 Yamaha V-star custom /classic 3k
Old 11-24-2003, 10:58 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by Gargoyle

Perhaps its just me but I think even I could get out of a 700 MPH over the limit ticket.
Are you sure you where not riding in a stolen Delorean ?
Nah, I had to pay it. They knew it meant 75... but that was still kinda cool.

- Rob
Old 11-24-2003, 11:42 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally posted by benebob
No need to complain. If the officer does not appear to defend the ticket, you automatically get out of it.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:57 AM
gcookaustin

Quote:
Originally posted by mbtoloczko

No need to complain. If the officer does not appear to defend the ticket, you automatically get out of it.
Not here. The officer only has to appear if you plead "not guilty," and if he's unable to make it then they just reschedule.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:06 PM
Porter

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
As for the manual button, it has absolutely nothing to do with torque split, as far as I know.
I thought it locked up at 50:50 in 1st & 2nd in Manual mode. I think I read that somewhere, I'll go look for it.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:12 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Well dude, I could tell ya to be bold and show up with the tickett in your hand on the date that is on the tickett... Then when noone is there come back the next day and act all pissed off about noone being there.... But actually I just got a tickett too and I'm just gonna stand up and face the music... I was doing wrong and I have the common sense to know better... Sometimes if ya go to the courthouse and are respectful to the judge and act like you are ready to accept punishment for your actions then they will just give ya a small fine and you won't get any points on your insurance... That's what I'm gonna do...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 11-24-2003, 01:36 PM

getting a lawyer will get you out of a ticket...there are laws that all equipment must be inspected and certed...a whole list of things lawyers can get their greasy hands into. you can also request to see the info, if it isn't correct, you walk

i would come on the day they say...and act like you didn't know any better, but then again can't you get in trouble for not appearing in court or paying the ticket? i have to look that one up...either way, after you show them the ticket you have, then it would get cleared, but it would be a PITA to deal with it

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:41 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Well dude, I could tell ya to be bold and show up with the tickett in your hand on the date that is on the tickett... Then when noone is there come back the next day and act all pissed off about noone being there.... But actually I just got a tickett too and I'm just gonna stand up and face the music... I was doing wrong and I have the common sense to know better... Sometimes if ya go to the courthouse and are respectful to the judge and act like you are ready to accept punishment for your actions then they will just give ya a small fine and you won't get any points on your insurance... That's what I'm gonna do...
Just remember to wear your uniform. Might get a patriotic discount.