Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Brake Upgrades

Old 09-19-2017, 06:34 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

info on the parking brake shoes

This may be common SVX knowledge but we fell into the mistake. We ordered new parking brake shoes from Rock Auto. Used their online info and got a set of BOSCH BS794. They were too small being for 170mm(?) drum area diameter rotors. Apparently most if not all online shops provide this smaller shoe for the SVX, using variants of the BS794 part number. The SVX has 190mm drum area rotors like 2005 WRX STIs. Found a set of 848pb at pep boys that fit properly. So bottom line buy from Subaru or make sure you get "848" part number shoes.

Credit for info goes to the peeps on SVX NATION on FaceBook.

Last edited by gwynethh; 09-19-2017 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Needed to give credit
Old 09-19-2017, 04:42 PM
51 Club

Registered SVX
Re: info on the parking brake shoes

Thanks for the info. I just sent back a set of 794 shoes last Saturday to Rock Auto. I had to pay the return shipping to Arizona so it cost me almost the price of the shoes. According to them the manufacturer lists them as the correct shoes so they are not responsible for the mix-up.
I think the problem is that the rear calipers are the same as the Legacy/Outback and the 794 shoes get listed by mistake.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
I think the problem is that the rear calipers are the same as the Legacy/Outback and the 794 shoes get listed by mistake.
That may have been the case. They would need to specify it next time to avoid any further mix-up.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:18 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynethh View Post
This may be common SVX knowledge but we fell into the mistake. We ordered new parking brake shoes from Rock Auto. Used their online info and got a set of BOSCH BS794. They were too small being for 170mm(?) drum area diameter rotors. Apparently most if not all online shops provide this smaller shoe for the SVX, using variants of the BS794 part number. The SVX has 190mm drum area rotors like 2005 WRX STIs. Found a set of 848pb at pep boys that fit properly. So bottom line buy from Subaru or make sure you get "848" part number shoes.

Credit for info goes to the peeps on SVX NATION on FaceBook.
Thanks for the info.