Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 05:13 AM
SVXNATION

SVXNATION Formal Invite

They say it's better late than never and in this case, I suppose this is more than a year overdue.

My name is Jamie. My lovely wife Vonya and I are the co-founders of what most of you now know to be SVXNATION. What started out as a simple Instagram profile meant to be a simple exhibition feed of our favorite SVX-related photographs has turned out to be something amazing unexpectedly!

As a young teen I owned a Subaru SVX and once I hit my 30s you could say I went through a bit of a midlife crisis. I have owned well over 30 vehicles but never found one that quite replaced the SVX. Shortly before my 30th birthday my wife and I purchased a 1997 SVX. Shortly after that we purchased a show car that many of you have seen that was built by F.A.S.T. of West Chester. In September of this year my wife suffered a nearly fatal accident in the 97. But if it weren't for the Subaru's incredible engineering there is no doubt in our minds that Vonya would not still be here today. With a new found love for not only the looks and feel of the SVX, but the undeniable safety these odd cars provide, we have come out of our recent hardship stronger than ever.

That being said SVXNATION has now grown exponentially and what once was simply a Facebook page meant to mirror our Instagram feed has turned into the central hub of the SVX community. Just a year-and-a-half later SVXNATION is still in its infancy, but the word "community" no longer does justice to what the Nation means to us. All of our members have quite literally become a family. We do not in any way attempt to take credit for the "Creation" of said family but humbly express our gratitude as we have been fortunate enough to have simply been adopted

What we see day-in and day-out is a constant stream of members who put forth no shortage of effort in helping one another, lifting each other up far beyond the trivial car repairs and well into each other's lives.

The purpose of this post and I do apologize for being long-winded is in order to bridge the gap with those that may have been missed in the past year-and-a-half and rectify a very clear failure to communicate. Not everyone prefers Facebook, although that is the primary form of communication being used by the community today, which is the reason why we take the time to branch out into all forms of social media. We welcome members new and old with open arms and hope you will join us next year for the SVX 25th Anniversary meet in Lafayette, Indiana, where we hope to finally put some faces to the names of those we have still yet to meet!

Thank you all for your time,

Jamie & Vonya Price
Founders of SVXNATION

We are a combination of both the Network the Forums and a plethora of new bloods! We have close to 6000 members on all forms of social media worldwide. What's all the fuss about? We're just the next logical step in a social media-driven World! As one of the community's longest-running members explained: If the the traditional forums are the library... SVXNATION would most certainly be the popular corner coffee shop

www.svxnation.com

Last edited by SVXNATION; 11-22-2016 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:12 AM
Fairmont State University
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to radarwhiz
Registered SVX
Re: SVXNATION Formal Invite

Welcome aboard!!

'08 ML550 daily driver
'13 F150 work truck
'87 MR2 racecar
'92 Lsl Claret 5sp

"Be kind to your motor car." - Jackie Stewart
Old 11-20-2016, 02:28 PM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Great to read your post and see that there are still those that share my passion. Also, thankful to read that the SVX protected your wife when it counted. My '92 has been a daily driver for some time now, when I don't need the truck. Riding in friends new cars and observing the quality and build (forget all the electronic glitz), I am impressed how well the SVX has held up all these years in ride, comfort and solid build. Not to mention the cost enjoyment ratio.
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)

Last edited by bwb3; 11-20-2016 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:55 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Good to see you posting over here too!
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 11-22-2016, 12:59 AM
Some Random Weirdo

Never heard of it.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:52 PM
SVX n00b

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
Never heard of it.
I've actually never heard of it... I hate that everything is migrating to WasteofTimeBook.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:44 PM
1st one red, 2nd one black

Red face Re: SVXNATION Formal Invite

I guess you can't stop the hands of time. Is it just me or has the activity on this (and the other) forum site dropped to almost nothing? Is it all on FB now?
I just can't do it, it see so much time wasted on FB, it must be like crack. How does anyone get any work done anymore?
Pardon me, I'll just mosey over to my rocker on the front porch and sip my geritol.

...."hey you, get off my lawn!!!!!"

sorry, vent complete.
bruce

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

The inventor of the doorbell did not own a dog.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:14 AM
Some Random Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbolt94red View Post
I guess you can't stop the hands of time. Is it just me or has the activity on this (and the other) forum site dropped to almost nothing? Is it all on FB now?
I just can't do it, it see so much time wasted on FB, it must be like crack. How does anyone get any work done anymore?
Pardon me, I'll just mosey over to my rocker on the front porch and sip my geritol.

...."hey you, get off my lawn!!!!!"

sorry, vent complete.
bruce
It's worth it. The real time input you get from a really knowledgeable group is amazing.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:18 AM

I'm sure it's a good thing, I don't mean to sound negative about FB, and I'm glad a whole new generation of younger(ish) people are getting to know this car. I've been a SVXer since February of 1996 when I bought my red '94 (1st) one. My black '97 (2nd) is so revered I don't drive it in the winter, it sits in the heated garage under a cover with cats sleeping all over it while my wife's SRX is the winter beater!
I know, I know, I should embrace the new technology.......

Old 12-22-2016, 11:46 AM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbolt94red View Post
I know, I know, I should embrace the new technology.......
Beware The Dark Side.

Too much crap from friends of friends of friends of fr ... etc.
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:18 AM

SVX_MY_BABY
Still in Nova Scotia?
Best vacation ever in the fall of '87. Rode every single ferry we could find, found fossils in Bay of Fundy, saw Bells hydroplane....great people, beautiful place.
bruce
ps and learned about the huge explosion in Halifax's history, holy crap! Wasn't it an ammunition ship, as I age my memory pixelates sometimes.

Last edited by blackbolt94red; 01-11-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:19 AM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Have replied here so as not to hijack this thread.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...609#post745609
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Closed Thread