Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 04-27-2012, 09:08 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Subaru BRZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHVhaTNRk8E
even subaru was appalled at the idea of it not having awd and a turbo at first.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:42 PM

Registered SVX

Had an extended conversation with a Suby salesman today. Told me the initial supply to the USA is 600 units! All 600 have firm deals, so don't try shopping. Wait for the next wave.

Me, I'm goin for 256hp Outback, only $32,000+, just remember Ya can't take it with ya to the beyond. Now IS now, enjoy, be well.

I opted for a mobile Garmin nuvi 1690 for $94 instead of $1000+ for the Suby Tomtom.... I'm lovin this suv, former wagon type, need a ladder to get in!

Can I get one "AMEN"?

I think the hang over is just around the bend
Old 05-02-2012, 12:22 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromano View Post
Had an extended conversation with a Suby salesman today. Told me the initial supply to the USA is 600 units! All 600 have firm deals, so don't try shopping. Wait for the next wave.
They pulled the same crap with the Genesis coupe. Just takes some patience if you really want one. I wonder how many of the Toyota ones there will be.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 05-02-2012, 02:31 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
They pulled the same crap with the Genesis coupe. Just takes some patience if you really want one. I wonder how many of the Toyota ones there will be.
Toyota has the money making part in their DNA. Should be fun to watch the BRZ unfold.....

Going for the Outback, AWD, the only way to fly. The 6 is a dream much like our beloved SVXes,OMG!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:36 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nosidda View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHVhaTNRk8E
even subaru was appalled at the idea of it not having awd and a turbo at first.
A Toyota with a Suby motor.................
Old 05-02-2012, 09:34 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
A Toyota with a Suby motor.................
I can't wait to drive it. It's basically a Subaru engineered (built and designed as well) vehicle. Regardless of what the video says, it was a joint venture from the beginning.

This particular formula (a true sports car, front engine, RWD, small, light weight) is a long time coming and totally refreshing.

BRZ development videos - Says a lot more than the Toyota/Scion video. Posted again for posterity....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ0sDiL87eE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZcX7Hawhk
Old 05-02-2012, 06:22 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:

Me, I'm goin for 256hp Outback, only $32,000+, just remember Ya can't take it with ya to the beyond. Now IS now, enjoy, be well.

I opted for a mobile Garmin nuvi 1690 for $94 instead of $1000+ for the Suby Tomtom.... I'm lovin this suv, former wagon type, need a ladder to get in!

Can I get one "AMEN"?

I think the hang over is just around the bend
Squeezed the salesman down to a total deal of $29,500!

6 miles in the odometer, 3.6R Limited, sort of like the 92 SVX LSL trim except no suede on interior. Way taller & roomier than my 90's Legacy wagons. Fantastic handling.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:25 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnblatt View Post
I can't wait to drive it. It's basically a Subaru engineered (built and designed as well) vehicle. Regardless of what the video says, it was a joint venture from the beginning.

This particular formula (a true sports car, front engine, RWD, small, light weight) is a long time coming and totally refreshing.

BRZ development videos - Says a lot more than the Toyota/Scion video. Posted again for posterity....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ0sDiL87eE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZcX7Hawhk

Tire stocks could be a keen investment. Gonna be a lot more black road rash.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:32 PM

Registered SVX

I missed my chance to drive one until Aug, the local dealer got one in yesterday while I was at work, it sold in a couple of hours, next one is expected in some time in Aug maybe I will get to drive it then.
1992 Teal SVX parts car
Old 06-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Designated Asshole

Registered SVX

http://jalopnik.com/5918932/the-wait...-crash-is-over
Old 06-16-2012, 06:39 PM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

You know, when I first started seeing pictures of the BRZ I kind of just shrugged. It has kind of grown on me however... and I do mean kind of in all literal sense. After seeing some rather thorough videos on YT of some new owners showing off their BRZ, it definitely seems like a nice car and is priced rather well... all things considering.

The passenger side dash is boring and unimaginative and cheap looking. It leaves little to be desired and I'm sold on lust so... but that's not to say all isn't well on the outside. Then again, I would be lying to myself if I meant that. The tacky non-air vents for show is simply no better than a fake hood scoop or hood vents, which is embarrassing. If it illuminated, maybe it could pass off as semi-cool, but it doesn't and isn't. Minor quirks I know, but it adds cheapness despite the look they were trying to go for. Really dig the rear bottom brake light even if I get that Pontiac Vibe-Vibe so to speak from it. The cheap plastic trim on the bottom of the steering column is a turn off and another no-no in my book. Leave it matte black if you're going to do it like that, at least then it'll be tasteful and not $3 **** looking. I know, I'm nitpicking. So much that I still can't understand why the hell Subaru continues to use a completely dated orange sticker (or whatever it is) for the underside of the door locks inside. Seriously.

All of which has absolutely nothing to do with how fun the car is to drive, etc. etc. but when you're chucking upwards of $28,000 for something fun, it still has to grasp your attention and heart completely. There should be no questioning or 2nd guessing involved about it... which is exactly where I would feel on the BRZ. Subaru still has a lot of homework to do with the attention to minor detail and quality of it.... but that's just my opinion.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: