SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Fiat 500 anyone?

I still haven't figured out why Benebob trolls here. He does not have a SVX anymore, but continues to tell us of our shortcomings. It does not concern him anymore, so he should move on. We are happy with our unknown cars and don't need anyone to attach us about what we should or should not do. If we want to enjoy ourselves hiding in a parking lot in Morgantown, so be it. We have this site to exchange good ideas, help each other with some maintenance, and get together to enjoy our friendships made here. We don't really need someone to keep attaching the site or our members. He said that the site attaches itself. Well, when he is not here throwing daggers, the site seems to be just fine. It is only when Benebob shows up that our members become unhappy with his visits and then report the posts of where he has been last.
[/QUOTE]

I have been wondering this for well over a year at this point... His trolling and arguing have turned many members away from this forum or at the minimum, caused them to not come as often.(me included) Typically I just ignore most things posted from him as after awhile I realized all his posts turned into pissing contests about his Jag and TVR like they were God's gift to this earth. It's really getting quite old.
He turned a pleasant thread into a hostile one as he has been doing.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
I'm here because I love the car. If I didn't care I wouldn't bring up the numerous shortcomings of the site and the additudes which are doing nothing but killing the car. The daggers need to be thrown or else the car disappears into the garages of the likes of horders like yourself. Its a shame and sad reality.

As SVXcess states, I moved onto a car with many of the same shortcomings but the one area where there is not any shortcomings is the club support for the car. If this place would have gotten its act together I'd still have mine as would I'd suspect quite a few other people would.

And of course you're wrong yet again Earl, my additude doesn't need to change, it is this site's additude that needs to change if you car about the few cars that are left.

Thank you for your continued apathy Earl. It gives me faith that things can't get any worse. Make that donation that you promised you would yet? If not feel free to return my property to me.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
I wonder what increased exposure of the SVX would really do?

The car has been around a long time and there are people of driving age that were not even born when the SVX was introduced.

We can increase the awareness to a certain extent and generate some enthusiasm, but to what end?

For the most part, most of the good, well-maintained cars are already snapped up. If you tell people how wonderful the car is, and that they can be bought for next to nothing.

But you also have to say:
  • They are problematic and deficient in many areas...

• Subaru no longer supports this car by making more replacement parts; make do with what is left... No windshields or other vital parts.

• The aftermarket community doesn't support the car as it is a low-volume vehicle, and therefore not as profitable...

• Subaru stopped training techs on the car 14 years ago... and there are many shops unwilling to tackle a complicated service. Parts and service are expensive.

and the list goes on...

Now watch that enthusiasm wane.

In my opinion, for those new to this car, the window of opportunity to enjoy it whenever, with parts and service readily available and at an affordable price, has sadly been closed.

They don't wane when you say,

Subaru no longer supports the vehicle but the SVX network has worked with Subaru to purchase the tooling or rights to manufacture spares. Oh right, the network is not even a legal non profit, does not have any club status what so ever, has not even thought about going through the pains to ensure the survival of the car long term.

Sadly the dictatorship here has followed the path of the federal gov't and ignored the painful realities as it was too hard and would cost money to do. At least then there would be a legally accountable record of all the donations that went to the site. Still haven't seen a ledger since the illegal donations have started.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
They don't wane when you say,

Subaru no longer supports the vehicle but the SVX network has worked with Subaru to purchase the tooling or rights to manufacture spares. Oh right, the network is not even a legal non profit, does not have any club status what so ever, has not even thought about going through the pains to ensure the survival of the car long term.

Sadly the dictatorship here has followed the path of the federal gov't and ignored the painful realities as it was too hard and would cost money to do. At least then there would be a legally accountable record of all the donations that went to the site. Still haven't seen a ledger since the illegal donations have started.
If I'm not mistaken, Subaru wouldn't sell any of their tooling no matter what the price...

It's just their way of operating and for similar reasons, why they sold the SVX under the Subaru nameplate instead of creating a luxury brand as the other Asian imports were doing at the time.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:20 PM

Wtf are you all talking about? I can't tell what this is about anymore. SVX are great cars, and who hordes SVX? I don't have any clue wtf is going on here. TVR has not, nor will ever,make a safe car. you are dumb for thinking otherwise NUFF said. *lookatmetrollnowpapa*
Old 10-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

this thread is great

for me to poop on
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: