Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southwest Region

Old 03-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
Reaching Out To Southwest SVX Community

As many of you know, Paul Dexler, a member of this community and true force behind the 2 Museums Meet last year in Los Angeles, has been hospitalized for some time, and is currently in a convalescent hospital near his home. My wife and I were in to see him when passing through back in September, but my recent attempts to contact him were fruitless. This morning I posted to Paul's Facebook page asking if anyone had any news on his status. Much to my delight, Paul responded, as follows:

So far as where I am, I'm still stuck in the convalescent home. However, things are looking up. I had the carpal tunnel operation last month, and I am regaining the use of my right hand - slowly. For the first month after the operation, I was ...not allowed to use the walker. As of tomorrow, that restriction is (lifted). So, the work of getting off my a$$ and onto two legs will commence.
Since I'm not at home, no one answers the house phone, And, my cell phone died too.
I want to start getting back in touch with people, so I can start thinking about getting the SVX back onto the road.
I'm not much into social media, but you can try to contact me through my Facebook wall, or call me at (818) 810-4928.
Paul

I wanted to let everyone know the good news and encourage you all to show your support for a true Gentleman, and a devoted SVX nut.

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket

Last edited by RojoRocket; 03-13-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: Reaching Out To Southwest SVX Community

Thank you for posting this update. I've been worried about him for some time now. Glad to hear he's doing okay, and keeping his spirits up. If you speak to him, send him my regards. I'm even less into "social networking" than Paul is, but things like this make me wish I had a better means of keeping up with a select group of folks like him.

For those who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Paul, he truly is the salt of the earth. Good people like him are few and far between; especially 'round these parts.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:15 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Re: Reaching Out To Southwest SVX Community

Glad that Paul is still around!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: