SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 04-25-2008, 11:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to JLHollowX13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
I second that.
And as for the "I'm going away for a few days, I'll get you the $$ when I come back"...I'd have said meet me today with the $$ or tomorrow I'm going to the Sheriff. He's got the cash to go on a trip or whatever, but you wait 3 months, and now you're letting him call the shots again. Call back, get the money before he goes or go to the Sheriff tomorrow. He's just playing you for more time. Just my opinion, but I've been there, done that.
well i would have got the money tonight, except he is 45 min away, he was "working" and i have no idea where he really is. he could tell me somewhere and not even be there. and it was around 8 when i talked to him and i didnt want to be out. he told me to call him on the 4th when he gets back, which pisses me off, he should call me. but i figure ill give him one last chance, i waited this long, i can wait a few more days. if he doesnt return my calls/answer im leaving him a message with the court date haha. if he does answer, im taking the money, all 110 of it, not just for the speakers like he said (since the amp is "blown") he bought it, it worked fine for me, how do i know he didnt break it? he even TESTED it out!!! if it was messed up he shouldnt have bought it (which it DEFINITELY WASNT). either way its his problem now, i just want my $. who knows what kind of abuse he put the speakers and amp through, i probably couldnt even sell them now if i wanted to.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix View Post
writing a check on a closed account is instant "silver braclets"
The account wasn't closed when the checks were written.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:41 PM

that is correct Murdashow, the account was open just until recently.

also, another thing that makes me hate this guy is i told him i would be in a subaru the day we met up. he pulls up after an hour late and goes "i thought you would be driving a REAL subaru"

WTF does that mean??? how much more "real" can you get???? the svx truly defines subaru for me. it alone has made me a forever more subaru fan.

and yet he was in some pos cadillac smallest v8 there is that was spewing black crap out the exhaust. sunroof taped up, stereo falling out of the dash, tires balder than my dads head....... yeah nice car buddy. rotate them tires.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHollowX13 View Post
that is correct Murdashow, the account was open just until recently.

also, another thing that makes me hate this guy is i told him i would be in a subaru the day we met up. he pulls up after an hour late and goes "i thought you would be driving a REAL subaru"

WTF does that mean??? how much more "real" can you get???? the svx truly defines subaru for me. it alone has made me a forever more subaru fan.

and yet he was in some pos cadillac smallest v8 there is that was spewing black crap out the exhaust. sunroof taped up, stereo falling out of the dash, tires balder than my dads head....... yeah nice car buddy. rotate them tires.
What was he looking for, a Justy??? The last think I 'taped' on my car was a sign for a show!! Oh, I DID tape a wing window on my 87 GMC when the hinge broke in the winter, but I used a BEER tab and a self taping screw to fix it 'proper' when the snow quit!!

As far as 'Bald tires' go. I can make new ones bald in 5 MINUTES on the 47-440!!

But then, I wouldn't WRITE a bad check.....

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 04-27-2008, 10:11 PM

i think he was looking for a wrx or impreza, just something "newer" and what everyone associates subaru with now days.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHollowX13 View Post
i think he was looking for a wrx or impreza, just something "newer" and what everyone associates subaru with now days.
I guess we need to work on that image

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 05-04-2008, 02:58 PM

so i called the guy today since he told me today he would be back. i left a message saying that today was the day or else we will see eachother in court. he called back a few hours later and told me he was working, blah blah, and that i would have to wait a couple of days if i wanted the $ becaue he didnt have it right now.

a few things i was wondering about was that he told me he got back from vacation today, why would he be working??? and if he doesnt have the $ how did he afford to go on vacation in the first place? he said he gets paid tomorrow, and that he works a double shift so tuesday would be the day we can meet up. he told me before that he was off monday.

anyway, im supposed to call him tomorrow to set up a time for tuesday. if he tries to put me off again im going to tell him to forget it and that im just going to take him to court and that ive waited long enough.

he brought something up about him offering to give me back my stuff and that i would have to tell the court that, but what does that have to do with anything? he wrote me a check, which is saying that i am giving you my money, so just because he is willing to give me my stuff back doesnt mean that he doesnt have to pay does it? i mean, i dont want the stuff. first of all i was selling it because i had no use for it. second of all i have no idea what he has done to the stuff, and he did say the amp was blown so obviously he did something bad to them. if he gave them back i wouldnt want to keep them and they probably are unsellable now. i just want to make sure that if i take him to court i will get what i am owed.

Last edited by JLHollowX13; 05-04-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:41 PM

He's had the stuff 4 months, and seems to have broken the amp as well. I think you get the money, he gets the stuff.
05 Mazda 3 (Hubby's DD)

"You win some, you lose some, you wreak some." Dale Earnhardt
Old 05-04-2008, 05:36 PM

yeah thats exactly what i thought too, he has had it for so long that even if we had an agreement on a "return" that it would be too far off to do something like that.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:51 PM

so i called him today as he asked me to, he wouldnt answer his phone, i called about 5 times, left 2 messages. the messages were totally innocent, "you said to call today, so im calling to set up a time to meet up tomorrow" "im leaving my house so call my cell at XXX-XXX-XXXX to set up a time".

he never called, i was w/ my girlfriend and she has an out of state cell # so i called him on it. low and behold he answered!!! i said "hey, its john logan, just calling to set up a time to meet up tomorrow". he says "what did you say?!?! your a little punk, calling me acting like your all bad, who do you think you are? dont F****** call me blah blah"

i think i was being civilized and nice. he has a problem..... he doesnt want to give me what he owes. throughout tonight he called me bi****** me out and saying how im a douche and a faggit (sorry if im not allowed to post those things on here, but i think everyone on this site is old enough, no youngsters running around here id imagine, i have yet to meet a 7th grader that likes to work on cars).

anyway, he sits there yelling at me. i tell him to forget it and that ill just see him in court. i hang up. after a few more of his tantrums and hang ups he tells me that i have to ask nicely for my $ (wtf is that all about???? ive been the civilized one and he is 10 years older than me!!!)

i arrive home, call him and say "how are you? can i please have my $110?"
"$110? what are you raising the price now?" um hello? the check says 110. he tells me he will only give me 100, but watever, anything is better at this point. so he begins yelling again, i say, hey, cant you be an adult and work things out? so that shuts him up and now im supposed to call him at 12:30 tomorrow afternoon. i ask why doesnt he just call me? hes out gambling and tomorrow hes not gonna want to talk to anyone. well, at least he SHOULD have the $ if he is gambling. so we will see if he answers his phone this time. he did say he doesnt want to hear from me after this so if he doesnt pay up ill just go to the police without a little curtousy call.

i did tell him to just drop off a money order at the post office and that id pick it up tomorrow (so i wouldnt give my address) and he was ok with that, but he wants me to give him the check so i cant "pull anything". haha yeah, like im the criminal here. that check is staying in my pocket, or better yet, locked in my car, until that cash is in my hands. im tired of this bs. luckily i recorded some of our conversation, an especially good part with him calling me an effing retard (not saying effing though).

one thing i want to ask (if you managed to get through this novel.... sorry, this is sorta my outlet right now) is if he offers me the speakers back, does that mean he doesnt have to pay me? will the court say "oh, well he said you can have the stuff back, so you should have taken it, if he offers it to you he doesnt have to pay". he keeps telling me that him giving me the $ is out of his own good heart (haha yeah sure) and that legally all he has to do is give me the stuff back. anyone care to shed some light? im off to learn about small claims court!!!! haha
Old 05-06-2008, 01:39 AM
Phil & Belha

Exclamation

This guy clearly has no intention of paying you. Stop being reasonable and playing the game his way. Start playing hard ball. File the small claims paperwork now.

Getting served court papers tends to scare the living crap out of most people. Then you have the advantage. You can offer to drop the case if he pays you your $110 in cash. Then he has to chase you to give payment rather than you chasing him to get it.

Otherwise, let the judge settle it. Winning a court case is the best feeling ever.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II

Last edited by b3lha; 05-06-2008 at 01:42 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha View Post
This guy clearly has no intention of paying you. Stop being reasonable and playing the game his way. Start playing hard ball. File the small claims paperwork now.

Getting served court papers tends to scare the living crap out of most people. Then you have the advantage. You can offer to drop the case if he pays you your $110 in cash. Then he has to chase you to give payment rather than you chasing him to get it.

Otherwise, let the judge settle it. Winning a court case is the best feeling ever.
I second that. He rants and yells at you, and you are still going to chase him? He has no inention of paying. File the paperwork today, and let them contact him.
05 Mazda 3 (Hubby's DD)

"You win some, you lose some, you wreak some." Dale Earnhardt
Old 05-06-2008, 01:36 PM

i will do as you guys say. im tired of this crap really and now it is clearly evident that he is not willing to pay. my dad was working in cripple creek today (where the guy is staying) so i tried calling him to tell him to meet up with my dad and give him the money. i thought this would be better so i wont have to see him, and my dad isnt a pushover, he is pretty intimidating. when i called him his phone says that the number has changed, it is no longer in service or something else that i cant remember. i have no other number but his moms, no address but his moms and no work address/number (he wasnt willing to give that to me). i will do the court stuff this week, i would do it sooner, but i have to drive into colorado springs, 45 minutes from my house, to do it and i have things going on today that will prevent me from going.

if he wanted to do it today like he said he would have called me. he has my cell #, my home #, and my girlfriends #. i think with all that he could get a hold of someone if he wanted to. i just think its odd that his cell phone is "out of service" when i was talking to him on it just yesterday. i wonder if he did it or if he hasnt been paying his bills. i really dont care, he will find out one way or another. i just hope the police will have his actual residence and not his moms house so that the court papers will go to him directly.

i just hope i dont have to pay any fees to do this stuff. i mean, $110 is not really a WHOLE lot, and it would suck if the fees/driving time and gas/time in court if it comes to that outwieghs me getting the 110. i want justice served, but i also try to be tight with my money. the svx is my baby and all extra money i have goes to it.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:41 PM

one other thing is that just because i go to court doesnt mean i will get my money, which means i could be out of any money i spent going to court, gas, fees, etc. that would suck, even though he would still have consequences such as bad credit and whatever else they can do. i only say this because my dad is a floor layer, he carries thousands of $ worth of tools in his work van. about 10 years ago or so someone broke into it and hawked a bunch of the tools and broke his windshield. the guy was caught, went to court, and the tools he still had were returned, but my dad has not seen a cent for the tools he sold and for the windshield he broke, and the court ordered him to pay up. it just sucks that the court cannot force someone to pay. my dad is just out of luck as it has been too long now to get anything from the guy if he could. the guy was a convicted criminal in his 50's with many many convictions and crimes too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: