Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S.
I wonder if it was dynoed with or without one of those huge windforce simulating fans.
All indoor dynos typically have those huge fans placed in front of the car. It more accurately simulates air blowing over the body of the car as dyno pulls are typically done in 3rd or 4th gear (when most cars are travelling somewhere between 60-100mph).

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 01-03-2006, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
There isn't room anywhere for a big enough radiator under the hood (which is what I've been saying).
Here's the radiator Ben, and it's quite large:

Not the prettiest thing in the world, but the entire front fascia behind the bumper is filled up by it! Looks more than sufficient to me...

This pic also shows those sweet equal length headers.

-Chike

Old 01-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Thanks chike I figured it would have to be where the condensor is. As for the headers though I'll bet she doesn't sound too good.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

Chike.. I just want to say that your SVX is impeccably clean... I have been combing over that pic and I cant see one singly solitary scuff or dent... Im not a big fan of red SVX's but Im def a fan of yours!

Mmm headers.... they look pretty good but yeah i bed a boxer sounds weird with such an open exhaust. WRX's sound bad enough with those big tubes and free flowing systems i can only imagine an H6
Old 01-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer6SVX

Mmm headers.... they look pretty good but yeah i bed a boxer sounds weird with such an open exhaust. WRX's sound bad enough with those big tubes and free flowing systems i can only imagine an H6

Actually most everybody who has heard our louder than love exhaust goes away happy. It simply has nothing but a custom made 2 into 1 magnaflow??? muffler right where the second cat was (no front cats in it) then a straight pipe back. DEFINATELY a boxer growl. Sounds very much like an old brat without anything on it. From my understanding though the equal length headers help with power at the expense of a decent tone.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Thanks chike I figured it would have to be where the condensor is.
Yup, I noticed the entire ac system was removed. The fans were also specially fit and this is what he said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX Tuning
Those are 2 Proform fans. Part number 67010

Old 01-03-2006, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Actually most everybody who has heard our louder than love exhaust goes away happy. It simply has nothing but a custom made 2 into 1 magnaflow??? muffler right where the second cat was (no front cats in it) then a straight pipe back. DEFINATELY a boxer growl. Sounds very much like an old brat without anything on it. From my understanding though the equal length headers help with power at the expense of a decent tone.
Yup, I definitely love the sound of the Racer's exhaust!

I also think that those equal length headers might really change up the sound of the car. What I'd really like to know if how effective they are. They seem to end around where the engine mounts are located - wonder if they're 30", 33" or maybe 36".

Old 01-03-2006, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Chike.. I just want to say that your SVX is impeccably clean... I have been combing over that pic and I cant see one singly solitary scuff or dent... Im not a big fan of red SVX's but Im def a fan of yours!
Thanks. She's still dent & ding free to date. Has a few paint chips now, but the body work is perfect!

-Chike

Old 01-03-2006, 06:16 PM
Donate to the mod fund

Send a message via AIM to BigBlueSVX
Headers

any guess on how much those headers would run? maybe someone here would be willing to make them

Now part of the DSM crowd: 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
Old 01-03-2006, 06:41 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueSVX
any guess on how much those headers would run? maybe someone here would be willing to make them
Probably cost around $1000. They might make 10 HP over a good exhaust system based on the OEM exhaust manifolds. Intake cams are $300, and they will likely make at least 15 HP if not more.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:44 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:

I doubt that headers sound much different that the OEM exhaust manifolds. Stock manifolds or headers merging into a single main pipe will both sound like crap though if no effort is made to tame the resonance that occurs by merging the two exhaust paths.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to redlinedeath Send a message via Yahoo to redlinedeath
hooooly crap! that is awesome!