Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications

Old 07-24-2007, 04:54 PM

Registered SVX
solarsvx,
How are they at night now that you have had them a while? I have the HIR bulbs in mine now but would like to go with HID's especially if the plug and play kit works well with the factory projectors. Did you find out what brand they are?
Kool Blue air filter, 4500k HID's, airbox mod, Hella horns, WRX 6 disc stereo, Infinity Reference and Clarion Pro Audio speakers, Infinity basslink sub, ECUtune Stage 1v5, ECUtune TCU, Power mode mod, Mad muffler mod v1.3
Old 07-25-2007, 06:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
they are verry nice touch, i think its more of a aperance thing then anything , a little better vision with them,

im not sure how they would do in a stock headlights =<

i will look the brand up whene i get home,
Old 07-26-2007, 06:40 AM

plug and play

There is no need to upgrade the projectors when putting in HIDs, 9006's fit perfectly in the housings, I had a cop look at mine and he said they were legal and looked stock, and with clean head lights, the beam pattern is very low and crisp. My friend drive a '07 camry with HID's and projectors, my beam pattern looks the same as his. Now putting in 8000K H3's in my fog lights was just for fun, and it lights up everything. I hardly use those, just for fun.

Any other Hawaii SVX's in here?
Old 07-26-2007, 07:10 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by axispiral
There is no need to upgrade the projectors when putting in HIDs, 9006's fit perfectly in the housings, I had a cop look at mine and he said they were legal and looked stock, and with clean head lights, the beam pattern is very low and crisp. My friend drive a '07 camry with HID's and projectors, my beam pattern looks the same as his. Now putting in 8000K H3's in my fog lights was just for fun, and it lights up everything. I hardly use those, just for fun.

axispiral,
Where did you get your HID's? Those look nice and it looks like you are using the factory lenses and not the clear ones. Any photos of what the beam pattern looks like either on the road or against a wall? I'm guessing similar to stock only brighter.
Kool Blue air filter, 4500k HID's, airbox mod, Hella horns, WRX 6 disc stereo, Infinity Reference and Clarion Pro Audio speakers, Infinity basslink sub, ECUtune Stage 1v5, ECUtune TCU, Power mode mod, Mad muffler mod v1.3
Old 07-26-2007, 07:26 AM

ebay?

i got them on ebay, for about $150 with shipping. and they are what they say, plug and play, just mount the ballast, which is not too hard. i should get some beam pattern pics, but i wanna clean my headlights first, any suggestions on what to use? being the stock lenses, they are 15 years old, and pretty yellow

the cutoff line is similar to stock, but more defined, cause its brighter, and i like how white road signs and reflectors look a lil light blue at night, makes me happy every time i see them

Old 07-26-2007, 08:07 AM

Registered SVX
I saw in WalMart the other day a headlight cleaning kit. It was in the automotive section and looked like a pretty good product. I believe some other people here have tried it. I need to pick up a kit and try it. I think it was around $20.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:39 AM

Send a message via MSN to Guyver280z
Looks awesome, clear headlight and corners are deffinetly my next mod
Old 07-26-2007, 11:16 AM

Registered SVX
axispiral I found the post that shows the kit I was talking about. I think I'll buy one today.http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...light+cleaning
Also what brand of kit did you get?

Last edited by svxash; 07-26-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:30 PM

brand

i think the brand was xentecs, came with 17 month warranty, which is pretty good, and it came in a nice looking black box. i was happy with it. i did some research about whats the diff between a $150 set and a $350 set. the more expensive ones have metal brackets holding the bulb attached to the base, the cheaper ones have some sort of compound cement, so if you abuse your car, you need to grab the more expensive ones, light output wise, pretty much the same, unless u get the 55W ones, those are brighter than the standard 35W ones that most people get.