Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 05-04-2007, 01:57 AM

Arrow Electrical Issues

My car was not driven for about 4 months (Sept-Dec) (Jan-April) at a time when I was gone at School, mom drove it once a week for a while just to keep it running, but neglected to do so for more than a few months. Anyways, I believe this drained the batter quite a bit, due to the SVX's funny eletrical system.

I am now experiencing occasional delays with my seat belt retracting back away from my as I open the door.

Also, my sunroof which regularly opened without trouble, now wont open unless I hold the button down and give it a small push from underneath to get it up and out. Retracts and closes fine.

Both of these problems haven't been a problem until I let the car sit. Do I need a new battery? or is a something more complicated?

Thanks!

1992 Teal AWD SVX
10" Sub w/ Amp, Kenwood MP3 player
18" Rims

To come:
Shortram intake, repaint dash pieces, repaint random sections, clear lenses, refinishing leather...etc
Old 05-04-2007, 10:04 PM

I had the same problem and for me it ended up being the battery and alternator i replaced both and ever since no problems for me but your case might be different maybe its just your battery take it to kragen or autozone or your local carparts place they usually check batts for free even your alt that way you dont just throw parts at it. Another thing that will help is to clean and oil your sun roof mechanism. hope this helps!