How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2002, 04:21 PM

Wink Where's the sensor?

Some of you may have read my piece wherein I assert Subaru has discovered how to achieve "warp speed". In my continuing effort to troubleshoot an electrical problem I have discovered the time controller so I feel even more confident I was on the right track there.

And no Aredubjay, I haven't found the CAT scanner (yet).

HOWEVER, I am on the track of a new development. While reviewing electrical ground schematics I discovered a "stop light controller". I haven't found the sensor yet, but it seems obvious to me that one of two things is going on here.

First option: Subaru planned on allowing SVX owners to actually change the stop light color from red to green as they approached, but decided against it since everybody would be punching the button creating mass confusion.

Second option: If the SVX sensed the light was going to turn yellow, the vehicle would floor the gas pedal for you and save that split second where you might actually be running a red light.

Anyway, if anyone knows where the senor is, please let me know because I think this sounds really useful.

thanks (or apologies maybe) to all who read this far.
Old 04-08-2002, 07:54 PM
svxeno

Re: Where's the sensor?

Quote:
Originally posted by lee
Some of you may have read my piece wherein I assert Subaru has discovered how to achieve "warp speed". In my continuing effort to troubleshoot an electrical problem I have discovered the time controller so I feel even more confident I was on the right track there.

HOWEVER, I am on the track of a new development. While reviewing electrical ground schematics I discovered a "stop light controller". I haven't found the sensor yet, but it seems obvious to me that one of two things is going on here.

First option: Subaru planned on allowing SVX owners to actually change the stop light color from red to green as they approached, but decided against it since everybody would be punching the button creating mass confusion.

Second option: If the SVX sensed the light was going to turn yellow, the vehicle would floor the gas pedal for you and save that split second where you might actually be running a red light.

Anyway, if anyone knows where the senor is, please let me know because I think this sounds really useful.

Rigth under the stealth button in the JDM turbo AWS police pursuit vehicles.

Randy (Gettin' silly again) ii
Old 04-08-2002, 07:56 PM

Talking You soooooooo silly

Quote:
I wish it was this option. While at the Reading meet I think every red light TRIED to get me to stop so that I would be severed from the group. I think I took about 5 yellow lights to keep up. Thank God the state cop sitting at the one redlight was too busy looking at the 5 SVX's in front of me to notice that I went thru the intersection as it changed from yellow to red

B.C.
Old 04-08-2002, 10:36 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Thank God the state cop sitting at the one redlight was too busy looking at the 5 SVX's in front of me to notice that I went thru the intersection as it changed from yellow to red
Maybe the cop let you slide knowing that you were all travelling as a group. I personally believe that if the light is still yellow when you enter the intersection that should be ok. Anything more is too much though.
Old 04-08-2002, 10:40 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input

Quote:
Originally posted by lee

I think it only works in mode 1 on the way to Brassy's (for those outside the area insert the name of the largest local bar here - at least Brassy's was when I lived nearby...), as you are still in control of your faculties. However when leaving it will default to mode 2, as you need all the help/intervention you can get....

Beav

Beav
Beav
Old 04-09-2002, 07:01 AM
EverclearAtMSU

Quote:
Originally posted by lee

As for the 1st option, it is possible to make some newer lights turn green from red. They started doing this for police, fire, and other emergency vehicels. What happens is that strobe light on the top of the car is read by a little photo electric eye and it pops the light on to green and everything else to red. The strobes flash at a certain rate, and usually varries though out the country. So what you do is act like a reporter doing a story, go find out if your city has these and then later on ask how fast does that bright thingie flash. go get a strobe light from radio shack and re do the flash rate, plug it in, and stick it out your sunroof. There are a few things on the net somewhere about this, it's been several years since I've read them, but in theory it's possbile. Highly illegal, but possible. I never tried it, but hey, if you want to, go for it, let me know if it really works

as for your 2nd option, the only way the car could "sense" the light was going to turn yellow, is if the light was radio controlled and the car knew that exact frequency. They are just now finnishing up on a computer driven car that will recognize that kinda thing, some how I doubt subaru was messing w/ it back then. Plus it's a major hazard, if the light changes to yellow and you get one of those people that wont go though a yellow, and your car floors it, bad thing.