How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-24-2005, 07:40 PM
CGLathrop

Hard to do ... but had to sell her..

Yup. My 92 that I bought in 2000 with 105K on her had to be sold. The wife and I had talked about it for the past couple of months, and we went back and forth and keeping her, or letting her go. But it came down to the fact she needed to much maintenance and we couldnt afford it. so, off she went. we had about 148K on her when we sold her. The memories will always be there. She was the "Hot Date" care that we would take out on a saturday night. Now when we have a date it is in the old fogey mini-van.

I do have some stuff I will be putting up for sale when I get it all together. My loss will be someone elses gain. Hopefully I can put it up in the for sale section this weekend.

Too all the people I met here, it was a lot of fun. Everytime I see a SVX I will wonder if it is someone from here. I will stop in from time to time just to see what is going on. Take it easy and keep the rubber side down!

Chris
Old 03-24-2005, 07:55 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Sorry to hear of your loss. Lets hope you get another in the future.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 03-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Weasel 22

I must admit my amusement to the too-much maintenance phenom..any car as old as the SVX will have the same issues at some point..my 94 Ford Probe GT had more issues than I care to list..and it was in good shape..almost all autos have trans troubles..they are more complex than manuals..the manuals have troubles too but are more component based replacement issues..a new car will get you the reliabilty (quotes)..yet at that age point will need things..I look at my roomates 2002 Eclipse..it has leaking valve cover gaskets and needed a clutch already..then lets go into the recalls for it..lol 3 total so far..it has 35,000 miles on it..good times..the point of my ramblings? if you love the car enough you will fix it..and upon purchasing it you will try your best to identify troubles before purchase..your vehicle either fits you or doesn't..the cost of getting another vehicle most often costs more than the repair you would have incurred on the old car..its commitment something I have lacked with cars til I got my SVX..before I simply got rid of my cars when the problems seemed too much for me..I knew it costed more to get another car but I wanted to get rid of the problem car..only to find myself there a few months or so later with the 'new' car..thats used cars for you..the new cars? I purchased my new 98 VW GTi VR6 back in the day to escape the used cars..only to find my huge monthy payment and insurance rendered me fully commited to the car..I wanted to buy things for it yet I had to eat too choices choices as for me I have landed with the car I have always been looking for..unique, powerful, auto, awd, n/a..a turbo isnt something you should look for in an old used car..to each their own..I just needed to write down my revelation..my SVX rocks..I will deal with any problems she throws at me
Old 03-24-2005, 08:17 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel 22
I must admit my amusement to the too-much maintenance phenom..any car as old as the SVX will have the same issues at some point..my 94 Ford Probe GT had more issues than I care to list..and it was in good shape..almost all autos have trans troubles..they are more complex than manuals..the manuals have troubles too but are more component based replacement issues..a new car will get you the reliabilty (quotes)..yet at that age point will need things..I look at my roomates 2002 Eclipse..it has leaking valve cover gaskets and needed a clutch already..then lets go into the recalls for it..lol 3 total so far..it has 35,000 miles on it..good times..the point of my ramblings? if you love the car enough you will fix it..and upon purchasing it you will try your best to identify troubles before purchase..your vehicle either fits you or doesn't..the cost of getting another vehicle most often costs more than the repair you would have incurred on the old car..its commitment something I have lacked with cars til I got my SVX..before I simply got rid of my cars when the problems seemed too much for me..I knew it costed more to get another car but I wanted to get rid of the problem car..only to find myself there a few months or so later with the 'new' car..thats used cars for you..the new cars? I purchased my new 98 VW GTi VR6 back in the day to escape the used cars..only to find my huge monthy payment and insurance rendered me fully commited to the car..I wanted to buy things for it yet I had to eat too choices choices as for me I have landed with the car I have always been looking for..unique, powerful, auto, awd, n/a..a turbo isnt something you should look for in an old used car..to each their own..I just needed to write down my revelation..my SVX rocks..I will deal with any problems she throws at me

Yeah very true but when its draining your wallet you won't be saying the same thing. Having an SVX is great but sometimes being practical and realistic is better.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 03-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
Yeah very true but when its draining your wallet you won't be saying the same thing. Having an SVX is great but sometimes being practical and realistic is better.
the question is..what is more practical and realisitc?
Old 03-24-2005, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGLathrop
Yup. My 92 that I bought in 2000 with 105K on her had to be sold. She was the "Hot Date" care that we would take out on a saturday night. Now when we have a date it is in the old fogey mini-van.
Sorry you had to sell, but in the old fogey mini-vans defense, it does give you room to do.....ummmm......"stuff" (yeah "stuff", it is a family site afterall) in it on date night
Old 03-25-2005, 10:30 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
the question is..what is more practical and realisitc?
www.Smart.com
Old 03-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
rotfl..lmao..that was good..I esp love the term 'wherever you are' of course except the US lol......woot.... all I would need is about 35 grand and import one and I too could be 'smart'
Old 03-25-2005, 04:20 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Aren't they available in the US? The Fortwo is sold at the Mercedes dealerships here. I wish they brought the Forfourover though. Then if they could make it AWD...
Old 03-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
Aren't they available in the US? The Fortwo is sold at the Mercedes dealerships here. I wish they brought the Forfourover though. Then if they could make it AWD...
Smart is not importing to the US at this time....
Old 03-26-2005, 06:59 AM
CGLathrop

More on selling her

She was the #3 car in the family. So selling her actually saved us about $75 a month in insurance... which we now spend on gas (up to $2.22 here now). Plus, the guy that bought her really liked her... and he had the money to give her the attention she needs. I think the final straw was during the last snow storm her I noticed she seemed to slide a lot in the rear. So I asked my wife to get in and punch it. The front wheels were not pulling at all, it was like she was rear wheel drive. On top of the fact she needed 4 struts and had door dings in about every body panel, along with some hail damage in roof.. etc.. etc.. etc...

I just hope that in 6 months or so I see her on the street glowing with fresh paint and the guy smiliing ear to ear as he pulls away from the stop light.

Chris
Old 03-28-2005, 10:21 AM
Meow!

Quote:
Smart is not importing to the US at this time....
I was not aware of that. For once Canada gets a car that is significantly different from anything you can get in the US. (instead of the other way around)