How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 08:52 PM

Man...

My adrenaline is pumping after a 3 day bidfest against catmaribill for a 94 red with tan leather Subaru LSi. But in the end I guess he wanted it more. It was not until the last 4 minutes did he bid over my $7500 at a maximum bid of $8,000. From there I counted the seconds as my thought to be for 2 days car was sold to someone else. Financially I could've swung it, but hey I guess it's just meant to be, guys wish all the bad karma you can on this guy that his transmission breaks down shortly after it's shipped to him site unseen.
I had talked to the dealer 2 days ago, what he told me was "The car is yours for 7500". My dad called him and the dealer was full of hot air, saying that he can't sell the car now because he expects to get bids of near 8500$ or at least 82, the car went for 8. After the dealer was asked if the car was in an accident he seemed to not have but a clue. Though he said it ran smoothly and showed no damage. To ship this FINE SVX from virginia to st.louis probably would've costed me 1000. Your deepest sympathies guys...I can't believe some ebayers, and dealers.
What was your input on the car?

Edit: It's funny because the dealer wouldn't sell it to me 2 days later although the bid price of the car was still the same, around 7000. He said a man walked in with a cashiers check for 7500 and he wouldnt sell it to him, I think he's making this up. Is it possible this man could be a stage and be working for the dealer to raise the bidding on the auction??? I wonder. Though I still could get an email or call saying the car is mine and the winning bidder didn't qualify. If that's the case I'll offer him 7,000.

Last edited by svxthc; 10-25-2004 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:57 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

What was the mileage on that '94? $8,000 seems kinda high for that MY. For that kinda money you could be driving away with a '96/'97 SVX...

Overall though, my thoughts are that the car was not worth that money. It may have been a blessing in disguise that you didn't win the auction!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 10-25-2004, 09:06 PM

Maybe The car had 77,000miles, which is pretty reasonable for a ten year old car. God knows how much life the tranny had. I think I'm gonna try and find one closer to California, guys please let me know if you find anything in that area, at this point I don't really care what color just if it's got low mileage and well taken care of with leather seats Yeah it's a lil bit of a bummer, but I can't seem to find a nice 96/97 for under 9grand with low miles. What is and what will never be..
Old 10-25-2004, 09:20 PM

Silly me, I forgot to post the car.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...495778294&rd=1
Old 10-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by svxthc
Silly me, I forgot to post the car.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...495778294&rd=1
That's a real nice looking '94. Not worth the kinda loot the guy was asking unless it had some absurdley low mileage like <40K.

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 10-25-2004, 09:53 PM
ilsegretosvx

hey, what are you thinking. Look in the tahoe/reno papers. There are a grip of Subies up there or the Chico Enterprise Record. Im from Chico.

PS went to Shasta College 16 years ago...damn Im giving up my age....
Old 10-25-2004, 10:23 PM

Wow small world yeah I'm transfering to Shasta high. What high school did you go to? Hey man keep an eye out for me haha Chico is a nice place I'd like to go to college there. I know pretty stupid I should look around locally. Thanks and nice to meet you.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:21 PM
BoondockSVX

I never understood this: Why do you bid on something when there are still a few days left? Someone is obviously going to outbid you, so it just raises the prices for either party.

Old 10-25-2004, 11:24 PM
Sue isn't really striped

Quote:
Originally posted by BoondockSVX
I never understood this: Why do you bid on something when there are still a few days left? Someone is obviously going to outbid you, so it just raises the prices for either party.
I usually bid when there are a few days left. I dont like bothering to follow the auction progress or to try to be online to bid at the last minute. Sometimes I get the item, sometimes I dont. Shrug.