How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-16-2004, 06:00 PM

Registered SVX
Wind noise around windshield normal??

We bought a SVX this spring and when we drive it on the interstate there is alot of wind noise around the windshield. The people we bought it from had the windshield replaced earlier and I'm wondering if they didn't get it sealed completely. Does the SVX normally have quite a bit of noise around the windshield? I don't know if this is normal?
Thanks
Old 07-16-2004, 06:48 PM
red95svx

It's normal for a replacement to be noisy. I've had a few windows and windshields replaced on various cars, and I've owned a car or two that had windshields replaced previously.......they all made noise. There really is something to be said about breaking the factory seal. My SVX was dead silent on the highway when I first got it. Two windshields and 1 rear quarter glass later it's full of wind noise.

Dave
Old 08-07-2004, 09:37 PM

Registered SVX
Well we took the SVX through one of those brushless carwashes last week and to my suprise I ended up with water puoring into my lap. It wouldn't leak in the manual coin opperated car wash but it did in the auto one. Anyway I took it to the glass company that installed the windshield and they resealed where it was leaking. I haven't tried running it through the auto wash again but the wind noise was greatly reduced. I think I will try and reseal the rest of the windshield just to make sure there are no more leaks and to see if it makes it any quieter. They also said that if they had to replace the windshield they can only get it from the dealer and it runs about $900-$1000 I guess that's what insurance is for.