Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-04-2001, 11:34 AM
Lowered SVX

i just bought the last set of Koni's from dayle at motorsports and i think two of them may be lost. they did a poor job of taping the original koni boxes and i think two of the struts just fell out during shipping. i called him and said it was my responsibility to call fedex?? i think that is crap, he shipped them it should be his responsibility. i went ahead and called fedex and they are going to see if they can be found. beyond that i guess i will have to file a claim. has anyone ever been in a sitution like this?? those struts cost me $680 and i have only got two to show for my money. at this point i just want a refund. how should i handle this??
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 04-04-2001, 01:12 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

<< how should i handle this?? >>

Well, Motorsports is going to say it's a shipper problem. If he can prove he shipped four then it is. If he can't then he is responsible. In no way is it your responsibilty. It may boil down to small claims court. But I am curious, didn't the package look damaged when you signed for it? I had pretty good luck with UPS on a claim I put in on a speaker that was destroyed in shipping. But that was many years ago.
Old 04-04-2001, 02:40 PM
Lowered SVX

spoke with dayle

i actually did not sign for the package one of my colleagues did. everything is ok now because i spoke with dayle and he insured the shipment. so either fedex finds the struts or they will pay for me a new set. dayle said he just commissioned koni to make some more struts so i guess mine were not the last. the problem is that i wanted all this strut and spring work done before the smokey mountain meet. thanks anyway for the advice, i was so mad i just had to vent! i am still pissed but hell what can i do but be patient??
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 04-04-2001, 11:52 PM
SVX_2000

KONI

Well,

More than 1 year has gone by and I still have not installed the KONIs I bought from Motorsport. I know that I will also need to buy the GC springs (more $) and then pay for the installation (more $). So, I am debating what to do at this point. I am hoping to help out somehow if possible. I am thinking also that I could offer my set of KONIs to someone else in this club that may want to have them installed in their SVX. I just thought I would mention it on this thread as I try to figure out what to do.

Undecided,
Juan
Old 04-05-2001, 08:07 AM
Lowered SVX

if only i had known?

i would have bought them from you had i known....too bad because god knows when i will get the ones from dayle now. he has not confirmed with me when he is supposed to get this next shipment in. i am supposed to get my ground control kit sometime this week or next. how much would you be selling your koni's for?
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 04-05-2001, 09:24 AM
SVX_2000

Reasonable price for KONIs?

Well,

When I first saw one of your emails, it look as if you were already getting them from Dayle. So, I thought you were already taken care of. It was at that point that I started thinking about my set of KONIs and what to do with them, since it still doesn't look to this day like I am going to install them.

I don't remember what I paid for the KONIs, but if I take the price that you paid for your KONIs as a point of reference, then I would say that I would sell them for $500 and let the buyer pay for the shipping and handling.
Now, if the buyer is one of the members here in the San Jose/Santa Clara area (California), then the shipping and handling could be saved.

I'll wait for a couple of days and then probably post a more general message here and in the Yahoo Subaru SVX club about me selling the KONIs.

Cheers,
Juan
Old 04-06-2001, 02:06 PM
Lowered SVX

condition of your koni's

are your koni's still brand new? if the condition is good i will just go ahead and buy yours because i am getting a refund from dayle. fedex came to pick the two damaged ones yesterday. dayle said he will not get anymore koni's in for another 4-6 weeks. i can not wait that long because my struts are shot. if you are willing to sell me your koni's and they have all the parts and are in perfect condition i will buy them. i can give you my fedex shipping number here at work so all you would have to do is box them well take them to a fedex station, give them the number and off they go. we can talk more in depth about payment if you are really interested in selling them. email me at my personal email so we can set all of this up. my personal email address is leohill@radians.com
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 04-06-2001, 09:43 PM
SVX_2000

KNOIs

Hi,

I just sent you an email to the address you posted.

The KONIs are still brand new and in their original package.

Cheers,
Juan
Old 04-06-2001, 09:51 PM
SVX_2000

Returned email...

Leo,

The email bounced back with invalid recipient:

The original message was received at Fri, 6 Apr 2001 20:40:57 -0700 (PDT)
from dredd.mcom.com [205.217.237.54]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<leohill@radians.com>
(reason: 550 Invalid recipient <leohill@radians.com>)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to be-mail.hosting.bellsouth.net.:
>>> RCPT To:<leohill@radians.com>
<<< 550 Invalid recipient <leohill@radians.com>
550 5.1.1 <leohill@radians.com>... User unknown

I pretty much agreed to sell them to you. Why don't you try emailing to my address: juang@netscape.com?

Cheers,
Juan
Old 04-06-2001, 09:55 PM
SVX_2000

What I replied...

The KONIs are still in their original boxes in which they came in (brand new). One of the boxes is a little torn on one end. I can open it and check the contents. Is there a list of contents inside the boxes to make sure that nothing is missing? I would check this for you just to make sure that everything is there before I send them. I can pack them on another box to better secure the contents.

So, if nothing is missing from the boxes and you are interested in buying them, I'll still sell them at the price I mentioned earlier: $500. I don't think that I will be installing them after all.

Let me know if this sounds like it will work out for you too.
Old 04-09-2001, 07:34 AM
Lowered SVX

sorry?

my email address is leohill@myself.com, my work email is lhill@radians.com. sorry i mixed the two. i am very interested in buying the koni's from you. but i have to wait until wednesday to make sure that dayle at motorsport has refunded me. email and tell me how we should set up payment.
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 04-09-2001, 09:06 AM
SVX_2000

Thumbs up KONIs

I sent you an email to the addresses you posted last.

Cheers,
Juan
Old 04-10-2001, 09:48 PM

Shouldn't this be under mods?

When you get all of the parts. Check to make sure that the Konis fit into the GC top pillow. Mine didn't fit. GC was fantastic though. They overnighted the correct size and I recieved it in less than 24 hrs of the call. If your going to mess up, that is the way to react. Anyway when I first put them on I put the rears on the stiffest setting and the fronts on the loosest.

After getting the **** kicked out of me for a couple of months I adjusted the rears (not easy) to 1/3 the softest setting. This is bearable. I stiffened the fronts a bit to reduce what I call the see saw affect over bumps. With the big setting split, I was coming close to slamming the front end into the ground.

Everything about the car changes. High speed stability, power and brake response, and Oh yes.....no more understeer. Well worth the discomfort.

My SVX is stiffer than my WRX. Although it does not steer and manuever as good it can hit corners much faster since it is lower and stiffer.

I may lower the SVX about 1" soon. I have not heard of anyone doing this, but I would like to see how it goes. I don't think my 2 1/2 ton jack will fit under it anymore after that though.

I may also buy some 18" rims and race slicks for race days. Then get a good high speed long lasting tire on my old rims. Any ideas for good rims with good race charateristics?

still waiting on bumper mod and hood to finish engine mods.

Chuck
Old 04-11-2001, 08:03 AM
Lowered SVX

very cool!!

i am probably going to put the whole car on one setting. i am not sure if i should choose the softest setting or the medium setting. i am definitely going to lower my car. two inches in the front and one inch in the back. i want to eliminate all the fender well space that is currently present. i will keep you posted on my progress. i can not wait to feel the difference in handling.
"Too much fun to drive!"