SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

View Poll Results: Does the SVX look better with or without the spoiler?
The SVX looks good with the spoiler 39 57.35%
The SVX looks good without it 14 20.59%
I'd like to see if something different looks good 1 1.47%
The SVX without the spoiler just looks horrid to the eyes 14 20.59%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2004, 01:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to sharky512345
the car is sexy either way
Old 07-04-2004, 09:18 AM
HITTN1

At first I really liked the way the car looked with the spoiler. (My dad's car doesn't have a spoiler so I always say my car is better) But when I took my spoiler off the other day to look about moving it back 2" I found that I really liked the way it looked without the spoiler. Call me crazy but this car looks sweet. My dad and I both agree that this car looks better than any other SVX we've seen without a spoiler. Don't know if it is because it is lowered, the tint or what it is. Once I get a digital camera I will post some pics for you to see.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by manofmayo
should have had 1 more choice: Looks good with or without spoiler

-92 ebony black with 170k KM

*** -Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. ***
Old 07-05-2004, 05:54 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
I've been going past this thread for days now because I'm so torn between the two. OK, with spoiler it looks ready for take off, it reminds me of an NSX. Without it could look good or like it's missing something I think it depends on the color of the car, if it's 2 tone or monotone. If it's all black, for example, it gives the body a more of a piece look, like it was molded out of clay, it reminds me of a super coupe. I voted with because I'm biased, I wish I had 2 trunks so I could alternate when I'm in the mood

P.S. Sorry guys but I'm not crazy about the spoiler move. I like the rear flat from the side view, it gives to much of a fin look.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel

Last edited by michael; 07-05-2004 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:36 AM

Another reason I prefer a spoiler-less SVX: Have you noticed how every-other car on the road has a spoiler? It's a "sporty" fashion accessory.

dcb
Old 07-06-2004, 09:02 AM
XSVX Owner

Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Here is my reasoning as to why I like the spoiler: Without, it looks too much like the Alfa Romeo 164L:

Last edited by Ryan; 07-06-2004 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:02 PM

Registered SVX
Alfa

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryan
Here is my reasoning as to why I like the spoiler: Without, it looks too much like the Alfa Romeo 164L:

And that's a bad thing? Maybe the Alfa is the 4-door SVX?

That's probably why I liked the Alfa so much! At the time, I thought it was one of the nicest sedans in production. Still looks great. Wish it had been more successful in the US, I rarely see one.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:05 PM
XSVX Owner

Re: Alfa

Quote:
Originally posted by NeedForSpeed

And that's a bad thing? Maybe the Alfa is the 4-door SVX?

That's probably why I liked the Alfa so much! At the time, I thought it was one of the nicest sedans in production. Still looks great. Wish it had been more successful in the US, I rarely see one.
Not at all, I'm quite a fan myself. I almost bought a beautiful white one on Ebay two years ago.

On another note, funny thing is the new B11 Subaru concept has a front grille very similar to all Alfa grilles
Old 07-06-2004, 12:55 PM

Registered SVX
Re: AlfaRu

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryan

Not at all, I'm quite a fan myself. I almost bought a beautiful white one on Ebay two years ago.

On another note, funny thing is the new B11 Subaru concept has a front grille very similar to all Alfa grilles
Yah, that grill thing is interesting. The new chief of design for Subaru is going for the look across all models of Subaru in the near future. Where did he come from?

As for the look alike SVX/Alfa, it clearly reflects the Italian design of the SVX. Agreed, the Alfa 164 would make a great garage mate to an SVX!
Old 07-06-2004, 01:14 PM
XSVX Owner

Re: Re: AlfaRu

Quote:
Originally posted by NeedForSpeed

Yah, that grill thing is interesting. The new chief of design for Subaru is going for the look across all models of Subaru in the near future. Where did he come from?

As for the look alike SVX/Alfa, it clearly reflects the Italian design of the SVX. Agreed, the Alfa 164 would make a great garage mate to an SVX!
Much better than Subaru's other two models of the same year (minus Legacy...the turbo was sweet) - the Loyale and the Justy. I'd still love to see a shot of a dealer yard with those three sitting next to each other wondering why sales were down