Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Mechanical 'L' plater ahead

Help sourcing a boot leak

So I have a leak in the boot - found a fair bit of water in the spare tyre well after washing it the first time and when I pulled the trim and tyre out to mop it up, found a bit of rust on the underside of the spare and accessories, so it isn't a new thing.

Like I mentioned to svxistentialist, I want to make sure she's weatherproof before wet season hits 'cause when it rains up here it really rains.

I know there's a problem with the boot lid opener - the handle came off in my hand the other day (fortunately whole) but it opens fine with the key, so no drama for now. The plastic guard that runs across the sill is split where it goes under the boot catch, but that doesn't seem like a water leak, either. But maybe I'm wrong on both counts.

What I can see is hinky is the centre light panel - its out of whack and sticks out a little on the left hand side. Could this be a source?

I can't work out the attatchment points by sight/feel and I'm not about to go yanking.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks,

Tania.