Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2012, 05:04 AM

Re: ECUtuner software and Select Monitor Interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
Alright, on the ECU chip performance TCU combo I will do a $20 refund.

I can't really afford to discount select monitor harnesses on their own but I'll give a $5 refund on them so nobody feels left out.
Hopefully my first paycheck after christmas.
I want the ecu and the tcu ...
fingers crossed I am excited.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input

Same thing, download the firmware and email it to me. I'll tell you where some stuff is and you use the communications test box on the setup tab of the ecutuner software to send a write command to a non-volatile memory location like a fuel table cell for the ecu or a shift map or temp threshold for the tcu. Then send a read command of the same address and see if it wrote the new value or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
I have the car tonight, so I can try and do this. Any chance we can get this to work with the TCU as well? How would I go about trying it out?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Just some dude.

Icing and I have been emailing back and forth the last few days. He's now used the ECUtuner software and interface to successfully download the full address space off the ob2 ECU and I have identified the firmware and where all the goodies are.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:31 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Guys, really, I don't think many people have gotten this, and it's an extremely useful diagnostic tool. The program itself needs a little bit of polish, but I have been using it quite a bit and found it to be very stable, and to work really well.

Going to try pulling the TCU firmware this weekend and LAN is already going through the ECU firmware.

Here's an example of it's usefulness: The tachometer in my 97 hasn't been working for a couple months now and I haven't had an opportunity to change it. The trans was starting to slip before the tach died, but I wanted to see if it was still doing it, and show my brother what was going on so he could keep it out of the conditions that cause it to slip, and he's borrowing the car for the time being. Not so easy to show someone what slipping looks/feels like without the tach working. Hooked up the SSM-USB cable, fired it up, told the ECUtuner program to monitor address 0009, which is the engine RPM. Works perfectly, and I showed him as we drove around, how the RPM would start to creep up when it shouldn't and that if you keep it in the next gear down, it will prevent that. We'll probably will get another few months of life out of the trans because of it.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 12-07-2012, 10:13 AM

I have a stock SVX. Can I utilize this software? Cable was $79 or so?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:16 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerdog View Post
I have a stock SVX. Can I utilize this software? Cable was $79 or so?
Yes you can. Yes, but you also have to order a special USB cable. See here: http://ecutune.com/ECUtuner.htm

Totally worth it, IMO, especially considering the software is free.

As of now, it seems only to be working with 32-bit windows.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 12-07-2012, 10:32 AM

Oh, good point. didn't think to ask...as I am 64bit.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:34 AM

I've ran it on 64 bit. No problemo.

I am running into the "92 problem" though, so it's off to Digikey I go for an IC chip!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:38 AM

Registered SVX

Oh yea, you got it working on 64-bit? XP, vista, or 7? I could not get it to work, and I tried everything I could think of.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Just some dude.

I'll make a point of recompiling it with the license for saving excel files and to work with 64 bit windows soon. In the mean time I would suggest anyone runing a 64 bit version of windows use vmplayer from vmware to create a virtual machine with a 32 bit windows. (that's how you run another version of windows inside of whatever version of windows you are running.)
Old 12-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Just some dude.

There's still time to get your SVX the ECUtune goodness it needs and deserves for Christmas. The Christmas sales are as follows:

On the ECU chip performance TCU combo I will do a $20 refund (ask for it in the comments of your paypal transaction or send me an email at the time of purchase).

On the Select Monitor interfaces when purchased on their own I'll give a $5 refund.

And the big one is the Stage1Av1 with a select monitor interface for $245 (email me with the address for your paypal account and I'll send an invoice)

Merry Christmas
Old 01-07-2013, 08:42 PM

this may have been covered, but can you use this for tuning? or is it purely for diagnostics?
Old 01-08-2013, 02:26 PM

Registered SVX

So far just diagnostics. There's a chance that the OBD2 ECUs might be tunable, but not yet.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
I've been researching SVX datalogging for a few hours now and seem to have hit a brick wall as LAN's website is down.

I saw he is parting out his car. Is he pulling out of the SVX community?

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:42 PM
Just some dude.

I'm not parting out either of my SVXs. I'm selling the driveline out of my pearlie which I am preparing to completely redo and make my personal car.