Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 01:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to Antigenus
Exclamation Wts 1992 Lsl 120k

Ok this care has some many things to explain its ridiculous. Let me first start by saying even thought I've had my repair nights with this car I have driven it from 70k to 120k personally. It was driven in the last 8 months from Ohio to Florida to Ohio with no issues really. I just bought an Audi and I am now looking to sell this car to someone who wants to fix the issues with it or just part out the expensive parts I know are worth it.

****Cons****
Radiator: The car has been having overheating issues the last 15k miles that happened more and more as my radiator eventually developed a crack and leak in it. I drove the radiator with a grow crack in the top of the radiator and then fixed it with a compound (Quick Steel) which worked wellf or awhile, then broke apart again. I have been frusterated with the radiator issues and had a wiring problem with the fans working that required me to manually override them with a switch to turn them on/off from inside the car. I was too annoyed to figure out the cause but it worked, and I'm used to it. But the radiator is junk and needs replaced bad.

Electrical: This issue I'm sure can be corrected with some easy knowledge, that I just don't have. I noticed something jammed by door one time and I left the car door partially open in rain. After that I had no usage of any windows, sunroof or mirrors. The water shorted something, I don't know how to fix it. Its happened in fall, and its been cold and I haven't had time to address it. The stock cd player died about a year ago and it has a pioneer mp3 cd player in it right now with infinity 6.5" in the front.

Exhaust: It had tons of holes before and was loud, but a bottom out on nasty train track near me ruined it bad, and its very loud and rusted out beyond repair. needs new exhaust.

A/C: no coldness, I dont know if its lacking fluids or what, but I took the belt off awhile ago in order to fix it since it was no good.

Body: It has a tow hitch damage, from someone in parking lot backing into it. Its not a high impact wound, but still is damage and dented the bumper and hood a little. The hood latches fine and has no issues but dent. The back quarter panel had severe rusting in area that had paint coming off, so I bonded over it after I sanded it to curb the rusting. I have touch up paint to fix also. The locks are also terrible, and freeze sometimes. I usually never lock it because I rarely drive it to city areas where I might worry about that. I don't know if a solution would clean them up more or what, but I just never had time to investigate.

Rim: The last and final straw was flat tire 1 week ago that caused my rim to chip and no longer hold air. Its on the donut right now and the other 3 rims and tires are fairly good on tread. this is why I bought a new car, and finally let this go.

****Pros****
I had this car for a long time, its been over 4-5 years. It has had oil changed regularly, and the best part is the problematic transmission was replaced about 2-3 years ago around 90kish miles. It was $3000 operation from dealer installed, and hopefully no longer be a worry area of this car like so many others.

-Brand new mitsubish alternator, belt, new radiator hose,
-10k miles ago, both front brakes and calipers were replaced with new on

So in a nutshell, this car really needs attention with the radiator before it can be driven any distance, and then a new exhaust. The check engine light comes on at times, but im sure its because the exhaust is junk. once those two areas are corrected it will be quiet and not overheat. Once those two things are done the rest is asthetics. I'm sure for under a $1000 this thing could be better than its been for me as a daily driver for the past 2 years atleast.

I'm not even gonna guess a price, you can talk to me about whatever and we can figure something out. I just want to get rid of it out of my garage soon for the Audi. I would entertain any kind of offers and hope someone can make use of this awesome car, that I just can't upkeep anymore or know how to fix.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:16 PM

ahh sorry. it also the teal color lots of 1992 are. Its got roughly 122,000 miles, and is LS-L. I can take pictures if necessary or let anyone look at it nearby if someone would want to, just let me know ahead of time.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigenus
ahh sorry. it also the teal color lots of 1992 are. Its got roughly 122,000 miles, and is LS-L. I can take pictures if necessary or let anyone look at it nearby if someone would want to, just let me know ahead of time.
I'd like to take a look at it if we can negotiate a price. PM me with what you have in mind for a asking price and we'll work form there.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:43 AM

offer? .....
Old 03-11-2007, 09:46 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Offer?

How about $50???????

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
I can probably get you around 1000$ for it. Unfortuantly my budget isn't so good atm, and with body work need done, electrical, full exhaust, it'll be 2k or so for me to fix. Not trying to insult you if that's the case, but that's what i currently have available.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:58 PM
A mom with style ;-)

Send a message via Yahoo to momzsvx
Is this car still in Ohio up for grabs?

92 LS-L parts
94-LSi My baby
95-(AWD) polo green T-Boned
Old 03-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
is your guns for sale too? -jk
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD