SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 10:04 AM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Thinking, just thinking, about selling my SVX

Yeah, as much as I really don't want to, I just don't think the SVX is practical for a single dad raising 2 young girls alone. It takes me almost 5min just to get them in their car seats and buckled in. But, like I said, things may change, and I'm just in the consideration stages right now. But, here's what I've got:

'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red, 50K babied miles, damn near perfect condition, and 2 years left on the warranty.

Exterior: Some small rock chips on the hood, left fender, and rear spoiler, as well as a few minor scratches in the paint, and a small dent in the drivers door. Paint is faded on the mirrors and the panels below the rear side windows. I recently removed the factory emblems on those panels, and the paint is not faded there, so it sticks out a bit. Other than these, the paint is in great shape.

Interior: The passenger side sunvisor is in the trunk, floormats are used, but still in good shape, and the CD player no longer works. Other than those, the interior is flawless.

Mechanical: The car runs perfectly and purrs like a kitten. The only thing I've had to fix was the coolant temp sensor when I first got it. Other than that, nothing. I've changed the oil myself every 4-5K miles, always with Mobil 1 and PureOne filters. It has ContiExtremeContact tires with about 15K miles on them.

Other Bonuses: I haven't done much in the way of mods for the car, but it does come with a few extras. I've put in JDM clear corners and black SVX decals from FL_SVX on the quarter panels, right behind the doors. The car also comes with the original right side corner lens, a spare set of factory door speakers, and an almost complete, unistalled sound system consisting of 2 sets of MB Quart 6.5" components, 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch 10" subs, 2 Rockford Fosgate amps to power it all, and a sub box. The audio stuff is all new, but a couple of years old. It's never used, but has been tested. I'll check to see exact specs on the audio stuff when I get home tonite.

I've had several people over the past few years tell me to keep them in mind if I ever decided to sell. Unfortunately, I never thought I would have to, so I don't remember who those people are. As I said, I haven't fully decided to sell yet, so I really don't have an asking price. Things in my life may change at any moment, but if I'm truly to be a single father for a while, I'd like to see the SVX go somewhere where it won't be abused as "the family wagon". So, if your seriously interested, PM me an offer and I'll consider it.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 06-10-2005, 10:20 AM
#073 of 301

The SVX is NOT a practical car for a family hauler. You're a good man to be raising two kids on your own, and I wish you the best. Maybe when they're grown up, you can buy them SVXs for their 16th birthdays, and get yourself one to match! Hope your car stays in the network family, if you sell it.
Barcelona Red '93 AE #073 of 301, 168k miles.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Recluse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dza
The SVX is NOT a practical car for a family hauler. You're a good man to be raising two kids on your own, and I wish you the best. Maybe when they're grown up, you can buy them SVXs for their 16th birthdays, and get yourself one to match! Hope your car stays in the network family, if you sell it.
Yeah, my oldest wants a Bordeaux and my youngest wants a black one. And of course, if I do sell, I'll hunt down another Barcelona one for myself when it becomes more practical.

And yes, I too hope it stays within the Network, then I'll know it will be taken care of and loved as much as I have. But, I also put it on the Subaru Tuners of Maine site. I wouldn't mind if it stayed in Maine, either. Then, I could at least see it again once in a while.

'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
Old 06-10-2005, 02:22 PM
One teal and One yellow

I thought you have a 01 outback VDC?

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 06-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Recluse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX
I thought you have a 01 outback VDC?
Thanks for reminding me to remove that from my sig. Technically, that's my "wife's" car. I don't want that anyway, I hate white cars.

'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
Old 06-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Recluse

Well, I guess I'm jumping the gun a little bit here. Turns out, I can't sell the car until the divorce is final. But anyone that's still interested, let me know and I'll keep you in mind if and when I do decide to sell.

'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
Old 06-11-2005, 01:41 AM
SVX...It's the only opption

Just buy a (dare I say it) honda , You know just a 4 dr piece of junk to get the kids around in

then you can keep your baby

former owner-
94-L 124,000(traded it when tranny went bad)
Old 06-11-2005, 10:59 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpSVX
Just buy a (dare I say it) honda , You know just a 4 dr piece of junk to get the kids around in

I agree with that too but it would be hard to be single and raise two kids on your own and pay insurance and stuff. Tuff stuff man

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 06-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Recluse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpSVX

I've thought about it, but I don't think so. Insurance is one consideration, but not the big one. Honestly, my girls are far more important than the car, and I really don't want them chauffered around in a POS. And finally, it's just one of many things I want rid of that hold many good memories, memories that right now cause me pain and I don't want to remember them anymore.

My soon-to-be ex-wife actually had the balls to get pissed when I told her I planned to sell. She said she just hated for me to loose something I cared about so much. Well, too F'in late for that now.

'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
Old 06-11-2005, 01:48 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksied-X

My soon-to-be ex-wife actually had the balls to get pissed when I told her I planned to sell. She said she just hated for me to loose something I cared about so much. Well, too F'in late for that now.
I can't stand it when people do that kinda crap

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 06-16-2005, 08:21 PM
mricard

getting ride of Pets

I undertand.. not a family car.. to me it would be like having to give away th family dog!... Think how the car feels... ouch.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:30 PM

Keep me informed when you are in the position to be able to sell the car. Could you send a few pics of the car my way even though you probably won't be able to sell it anytime soon??
Old 06-22-2005, 07:51 AM
Recluse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman729
Keep me informed when you are in the position to be able to sell the car. Could you send a few pics of the car my way even though you probably won't be able to sell it anytime soon??
There are pics in my locker.

'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust