IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds
Personally, I'd want a president that has good relations with the people who control oil production, not a president who chastises them and won't work with them.

Doug
I don't blame Bush for the high gas prices. For that I blame our insane amount of consumption, the millions upon millions of SUVs and trucks driven by people with no real use for them, and Wall Street for treating something that basically is the lifeblood of America as a cash cow and trying to exploit the recent jump in prices as much as they possibly can.

What I DO blame Bush for is not trying to remedy these problems, or at least providing incentive for people to remedy them themselves. Such as putting a much larger chunk of money into finding alternative fuels, giving price incentives on fuel efficient cars and hybrids (and not this extremely limited number bull**** he put in place to say "Look I did something!"), and opening up the strategic reserves temporarily to relieve supply worries so the price stops skyrocketing in the wake of Katrina.

I do agree with you that its good to have someone to have a good handle on the oil buisness since I mentioned above that its more or less the lifeblood of America, but Bush is no such person. He, his friends, and a good chunk of people that propelled him into his various political offices are making money hand over fist on this whole mess. Bush is gonna take as much as he can get, because he has no concerns about reelection anymore and only owes the American public just as much as he feels like giving them so long as he doesn't break the law, which is probably why he's become more invisible lately than previous years. I remember last year he was down helping hand out water in Florida. Where is he this year? Good question.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin