Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 10-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Will

Exhaust Mod Pics

Im hoping my pics will post. My computer is slower than my grandmas (Bows head i'm shame) But none the less I will try. If this link or pic shows up, It is my finished exhaust system, minus the Glass Pac's.
If this pic shows up you can see the H-Pipe I fitted into my system.
If this one shows up you can see the tips i'm running out the back
Well i hope they show you, if they dont, i'll try to do it again..
Old 10-30-2007, 03:40 PM

nice tips!! and why the H fitted i was told we didnt need that in a svx ?? can you get a audio uploaded??
Old 10-30-2007, 03:42 PM

Registered SVX
Looks good. The twin tips will do nothing performance wise, but I gather are for there looks, which is fair enough.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 10-30-2007, 03:55 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
WOW!!! that has to be "EFFIN" LOUD!!

I'd love to hear how that sounds. Does it "drone" inside the car on trips?
I'm betting a set of Supertrapp mufflers would not only look great at the ends of that, but help mellow the tone as well.
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:24 PM
Will

Yes the tips are just for looks and sound, i tryed a few other tips that just didnt look right but as soon as i saw a those tips i knew they would look just about right. I'm trying to figure out how to take the audio off a few digital camara videos i have but i cant seem to get them to sound right when i edit them for time. Anyways, i didnt look into previous exhaust mods by other people, i just jumped in and gave it a shot. All in all i think i did a fair enough job, and even if the H-pipe does nothing for performance it doesnt hurt the sound as it acts to equlize the pressure between the pipes making a more pleasing and mellow exhaust note. Since i finally discovered how to post pics heres a few shots of the tips on the car. To those wondering, the passenger side no long hangs alittle lower then the driver.
Heres a shot from the side. Pay no attention to the big ass dent in my quarter panel, I shouldnt have to point it out.
Heres a shot of the front pipes. the only stock exhaust parts i used were a few hangers, the flanged collectors that bolt to the manifolds, the manifolds themselves, and about five inches of the Inch and 7/8th pipe. The rest is all new and all atleast 2.5in O.D. pipe, except the Inch & 7/8ths to 2.5in adapter. Thanks for looking

Last edited by 2.5InchTrueDual; 10-31-2007 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:37 PM
Will

Yeah it was LOUD and i couldnt do more than idle through town for fear of violating a noise ordinance. i dont really know if it drones because all u heard was BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and after a while you got use to it. now i have Thrush Glas-Paks on each pipe, unfortunitly i didnt take the system back off to photograph it with them on. There located just before the upward bend, 3/4s the way to the back. With the mufflers i dont get heard from 3 miles away anymore but its still pretty loud
Old 10-31-2007, 07:59 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
WOW!!! that has to be "EFFIN" LOUD!!
Nice pics! Thanks for posting up. So that is how a stock exhaust looks? That sucks! The air flow has to do a lot of turning in it. I not likey! I like the look of the dual pipe. It may be sticking out a lil' to far for me. Even still, if it was installed on my car like that, I'd be cool with it.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)